Check your account email address ×

Seems some companies are good to their employees

BALTIMORE (Gray News) - Employees at a Maryland commercial real estate firm were in for one of the biggest surprises of their lives when they learned what bonus they received after the company met certain goals.

MARYLAND+COMPANY+BONUS+16+9.jpg
An employee is shocked after finding out what her bonus will be. (Source: St. John Properties)

Baltimore-based St. John Properties is providing a combined $10 million bonus for its 198 employees, and the company founder and chairman Edward St. John made the announcement to the employees at a holiday celebration.

The employees all had an envelope showing what their bonuses were. Some were brought to tears when they found out what their bonus was. Employees were given a bonus based on years of service, and the average employee received $50,000.

“To celebrate the achievement of our goal, we wanted to reward our employees in a big way that would make a significant impact on their lives,” St. John said. “I am thankful for every one of our employees, for their hard work and dedication. I couldn’t think of a better way to show it.”

The company said only five of the 198 employees knew about the bonuses before the big reveal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, frenchy said:

They should have never had that money to share to begin with. :news: 

Better to let government steal it so they can take a cut and then give it out in exchange for votes. :lol:

• Haha 1

That's awesome.

Even better is we are in Union negotiations and the vice president of some bs title was part of the negotiation team against us for the first few talks and he said he doesn't agree with how well the owner of the entire company treats people. He treats them too nice. If it were his company, the guys on the floor we get nothing and like it lmao. Needless to say I am kind of looking for another job lol.

Edit: my company on a whole is 90% shit. This is only a little sprinkle of goodness my company has turned into over the last few years.

Edited by Tomas.
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, frenchy said:

They should have never had that money to share to begin with. :news: 

2 hours ago, Cold War said:

Yup, just getting back a pittance of what was stolen from them.

These two are catching on..

2 hours ago, SSFB said:

Better to let government steal it so they can take a cut and then give it out in exchange for votes. :lol:

You're fuckin retarded

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

That's awesome.

Even better is we are in Union negotiations and the vice president of some bs title was part of the negotiation team against us for the first few talks and he said he doesn't agree with how well the owner of the entire company treats people. He treats them too nice. If it were his company, the guys on the floor we get nothing and like it lmao. Needless to say I am kind of looking for another job lol.

Edit: my company on a whole is 90% shit. This is only a little sprinkle of goodness my company has turned into over the last few years.

Did you graduate from your apprenticeship yet? 

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

BALTIMORE (Gray News) - Employees at a Maryland commercial real estate firm were in for one of the biggest surprises of their lives when they learned what bonus they received after the company met certain goals.

MARYLAND+COMPANY+BONUS+16+9.jpg
An employee is shocked after finding out what her bonus will be. (Source: St. John Properties)

Baltimore-based St. John Properties is providing a combined $10 million bonus for its 198 employees, and the company founder and chairman Edward St. John made the announcement to the employees at a holiday celebration.

The employees all had an envelope showing what their bonuses were. Some were brought to tears when they found out what their bonus was. Employees were given a bonus based on years of service, and the average employee received $50,000.

“To celebrate the achievement of our goal, we wanted to reward our employees in a big way that would make a significant impact on their lives,” St. John said. “I am thankful for every one of our employees, for their hard work and dedication. I couldn’t think of a better way to show it.”

The company said only five of the 198 employees knew about the bonuses before the big reveal.

govenment LOVES bonuses . fucking crooks 

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Did you graduate from your apprenticeship yet? 

I get my blue book stamped and officially become a red seal journeyman millwright on Monday lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, motonoggin said:

These two are catching on..

You're fuckin retarded

his stament is 100% spot on . ever give a bouns or get one ? obvulsy not . 

I give them as cash or spread them out for the year as a raise and explain why to guys who have not gotten the bonus ass rape yet  . 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Fair enough but I was just throwing a joke out there for the Warren and Sanders types. :bc:

I know, sorry for being a dick. 

Honestly I don't know why more Libertarians aren't supporting Sanders. He's the best chance of preserving and prolonging capitalism.