Check your account email address ×

Just wait till those idiots get those Tesla trucks with 200kwh+ battery packs

BOHICA

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Anler said:

So Tesla's average about 100 mpgs when factoring in electricity costs. 

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Tesla2018.shtml

That is the perfect example of how much electricity the Tesla pickup will use.  The model x uses 36-40 kwh per 100 miles.  For a model x to go 500 miles on one charge it would need a 200kwh battery which the weight of double the battery size would prolly push the the usage to 45 kwh per 100 miles on the x.  The model x used 3 times amount the electricity when towing a small trailer on TFL test car.  

So the truck that is less aero dynamic extremely heavy body panels is going to have a monster huge battery to go 500 miles 250 kwh plus.  Towing even a tiny trailer....  a couple thousand pounds will use 3 times the battery amount with current tech when pulling a low profile 2000 lb trailer.  Tesla truck will be able to pull a 10000 lbs trailer 75-80 miles at the most on a full 250 kwh battery by my projections

Edited by BOHICA

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That is the perfect example of how much electricity the Tesla pickup will use.  The model x uses 36-40 kwh per 100 miles.  For a model x to go 500 miles on one charge it would need a 200kwh battery which the weight of double the battery size would prolly push the the usage to 45 kwh per 100 miles on the x.  The model x used 3 times amount the electricity when towing a small trailer on TFL test car.  

So the truck that is less aero dynamic extremely heavy body panels is going to have a monster huge battery to go 500 miles 250 kwh plus.  Towing even a tiny trailer....  a couple thousand pounds will use 3 times the battery amount with current tech when pulling a low profile 2000 lb trailer.  Tesla truck will be able to pull a 10000 lbs trailer 75-80 miles at the most on a full 250 kwh battery by my projections

But the acceleration from a stoplight!

Won't you PLEASE THINK OF THE ACCELERATION FROM A STOPLIGHT!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

to be fair how many Honda piolet have you seen pulling a trailer 

• Gold Member
32 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

why don't all electric cars come with solar hoods and solar trunk and roof ? 

Cause their is at the most 200 Watt hours of realestate space available on an auto.  Maybe in perfect sun after an hour you could drive maybe a 1/2 a mile.  The model 3 uses over 300 watt hours per mile.  Not worth the cost

Edited by BOHICA

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

to be fair how many Honda piolet have you seen pulling a trailer 

None.  But it would prolly lose over half it’s mpg pulling a small trailer as well.  

Electric is not immune to towing inefficiencies...  it becomes how fast you can fill.  A f150 you can pull 8000 lbs for 200-300 miles stop and fill up in 5 minutes and go another 200-300 miles.  Tesla truck won’t even be close on efficient use of time.

Edited by BOHICA

28 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That is quite a bit energy consumption for the Tesla truck. $25 to go 75 miles. The equivalent of about 7mpg. But I think you are way over estimating the range pulling 10000 lbs based on how poorly the TFL test car did pulling that light camper.   Fully loaded at highway speeds and grades it will be lucky to go 50 miles between charges. 

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

That is quite a bit energy consumption for the Tesla truck. $25 to go 75 miles. The equivalent of about 7mpg. But I think you are way over estimating the range pulling 10000 lbs based on how poorly the TFL test car did pulling that light camper.   Fully loaded at highway speeds and grades it will be lucky to go 50 miles between charges. 

Tesla truck is going to have to have a gvw of a 1 ton.  Huge battery, bullet proof glass, body panels made of steel that are 2 to 3 times as thick as any pickup currently out there.  Prolly 6500-7000 lbs empty

Edited by BOHICA

53 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So the truck that is less aero dynamic extremely heavy body panels is going to have a monster huge battery to go 500 miles 250 kwh plus.  Towing even a tiny trailer....  a couple thousand pounds will use 3 times the battery amount with current tech when pulling a low profile 2000 lb trailer.  Tesla truck will be able to pull a 10000 lbs trailer 75-80 miles on a full 250 kwh battery by my projections

I can't find charge times in any of the specs. This truck is made in Illinois. Looks pretty good tho. 

https://rivian.com/r1t/

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I can't find charge times in any of the specs. This truck is made in Illinois. Looks pretty good tho. 

https://rivian.com/r1t/

Fuck that fast charging bullshit...  hammer the pack pretty hard causing them to lose efficiency.

240 volt at 40 amps in the garage should be plenty...  gets you 9 kwh per hour charge time in the garage.  Slap a 30 kwh battery pack in an f150 with an ecoboost as well.  450 hp and 500 ft lbs on gas only.  On electric with gas you would have 550 hp and 750 ft lbs and could prolly get 60 miles on electric only running empty and not be limited on electric only.

1 hour ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

you, sir are correct. and we can just barely tolerate trudeau loving ontarians

I am a Trudeau hating Ontarian, and I am ashamed to live there. However where I live the people are normal and vote conservative. Too bad Toronto is not part of the USA.

1 hour ago, mtnloverxtreme2 said:

you, sir are correct. and we can just barely tolerate trudeau loving ontarians

Don't paint us all with the same brush. It was mainly the GTA idiots who voted him back in. You guys ended up with the NDP. How'd that happen? :dunno:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Boss at work says he's put his order in for new Tesla truck.

I'm betting gaspe climate will test it's limits.

I'm guessing your retardation tests your bosses limits way more than any truck will......faggot!!!

9 hours ago, BOHICA said:

None.  But it would prolly lose over half it’s mpg pulling a small trailer as well.  

Electric is not immune to towing inefficiencies...  it becomes how fast you can fill.  A f150 you can pull 8000 lbs for 200-300 miles stop and fill up in 5 minutes and go another 200-300 miles.  Tesla truck won’t even be close on efficient use of time.

my explorer which is in the same class was just under 10 mpg with my 2 place sled trailer normally 19-20 so that about right.  

10 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Cause their is at the most 200 Watt hours of realestate space available on an auto.  Maybe in perfect sun after an hour you could drive maybe a 1/2 a mile.  The model 3 uses over 300 watt hours per mile.  Not worth the cost

but most people drive to work less than 10mi park for 9 hrs then drive home and prob stop at a store and park again . a solar roof and hood would prob be just fine for the daily grind for the avrage joe living in the south . if you want to be a smug tesla driver may as well go all in . 

I was thinking real hard about getting a 48v e torque ram last week but then remembered I really don't trust Italian electronics especaly first yr lol . it will be 10 yrs before e trucks are viable for  fleet fill in . with the amount and cost of Natural gas now days sort of crazy more big local fleets are not using it 

11 hours ago, BOHICA said:

That’s why battery tech needs to be 10x better 

electric has great power, but battery tech is crap 

i mean I’d love to be able to have a semi that could legitimately run on electricity.  EPA regulations has made Diesel engines shitty. But electric isn’t even close to ready. 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

my explorer which is in the same class was just under 10 mpg with my 2 place sled trailer normally 19-20 so that about right.  

I have found smaller vehicles to be worse for pulling a trailer, even a small trailer. It has to pull a higher rpm to pull and you get even worse economy as a result. That was one good thing about my beaner trailer, barely any wind resistance and super light. I got 15-16mpgs pulling that thing north. Almost the same as when I put it in the bed of the truck. 

20 minutes ago, Anler said:

I have found smaller vehicles to be worse for pulling a trailer, even a small trailer. It has to pull a higher rpm to pull and you get even worse economy as a result. That was one good thing about my beaner trailer, barely any wind resistance and super light. I got 15-16mpgs pulling that thing north. Almost the same as when I put it in the bed of the truck. 

my beaner was definately better,  used that the first season but last year I had 2 sleds so used a clam.  

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

Best fuel economy I had towing was with a 5.3/6 speed at 55 MPH

the 6.2 and Dmax tow incredibly better but burn the fuel doing it