Check your account email address ×

Police In Michigan say that Marijuana Legalization have made their jobs "difficult"

GGNHL

L

VAN BUREN COUNTY, Mich. – Michigan State Police say that legalization of marijuana is making their jobs difficult.

Officers say that they are able to smell marijuana at traffic stops but are not clear on how law enforcement should handle each situation.

Police are struggling to address reports they receive due to the legality of the substance.

“We come across a lot of kids that are under 21 that have possession of it and obviously that’s in violation so we seize it and go through the process that way but when we come across people that are 21 and older and actually have it legally that's where it's kind of hard to deal with it in that aspect," Michigan State Officer Andrew Jeffrey said.

Officer Jeffrey says police receive multiple reports of people smoking marijuana but police cannot do anything if they obtained the substance legally and are not underage.

https://www.abc57.com/news/michigan-police-claim-marijuana-legalization-has-made-work-difficult?fbclid=IwAR2lGAQm71Q2MUvRbnf96t-90Rhs4GQBb7sdJfJKkXv_njU5AEFpWrBPSrQ

Police are upset they can't arrest someone for doing something legal. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GGNHL said:
L

VAN BUREN COUNTY, Mich. – Michigan State Police say that legalization of marijuana is making their jobs difficult.

Officers say that they are able to smell marijuana at traffic stops but are not clear on how law enforcement should handle each situation.

Police are struggling to address reports they receive due to the legality of the substance.

“We come across a lot of kids that are under 21 that have possession of it and obviously that’s in violation so we seize it and go through the process that way but when we come across people that are 21 and older and actually have it legally that's where it's kind of hard to deal with it in that aspect," Michigan State Officer Andrew Jeffrey said.

Officer Jeffrey says police receive multiple reports of people smoking marijuana but police cannot do anything if they obtained the substance legally and are not underage.

https://www.abc57.com/news/michigan-police-claim-marijuana-legalization-has-made-work-difficult?fbclid=IwAR2lGAQm71Q2MUvRbnf96t-90Rhs4GQBb7sdJfJKkXv_njU5AEFpWrBPSrQ

the issue with cops in a  nutshell. we took away their favorite tool for improper search and seizure now they are going to cry about it.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just as many people smoked before the law was passed as after. What do they think that everyone will start puffing now that it’s legal? What a bunch of BS.

7 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Just as many people smoked before the law was passed as after. What do they think that everyone will start puffing now that it’s legal? What a bunch of BS.

Yep its a bullshit narrative. How about the cops just do their job like they are supposed to and pull people over when they are committing a traffic infraction otherwise just leave them the fuck alone. Faggot ass cops

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yep its a bullshit narrative. How about the cops just do their job like they are supposed to and pull people over when they are committing a traffic infraction otherwise just leave them the fuck alone. Faggot ass cops

I wonder if they even get it that’s this is what their constituents want. Self important dildos.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I wonder if they even get it that’s this is what their constituents want. Self important dildos.

To be honest I dont think most cops even give a shit about weed anymore. Unless someone is being a dick or they get a complaint I dont think they even press those issue too much anymore. You ask any cop if they would rather deal with pot smokers or drinkers every one of them will tell you they would rather deal with the smokers. 

20 minutes ago, Edmo said:

More definitely will now that it's legal

Just now, SVT MXZ XRS said:

More definitely will now that it's legal

it may seem that way because people are more open but I don't think people are just starting up now that it's legal.  Been trying to get the wife to do it for her pain and she's still afraid,  it's fucking crazy.  She found a vape pen with some OG girl scout cookie in it in my sons room and i told her to save it for me,  she refused cause the pots so dangerous,  SMH.  

• Haha 4

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, GGNHL said:
L

Hard to deal with something they possess that's legal?   Treat it like its a unopened twelve pack of beer.  

Are they referring to impaired driving?

55 minutes ago, Edmo said:

I’ll bet many that maybe used it every now and then will use more regularly. I never went out of my way to buy any, might partake maybe a couple times a year, and have gone years without doing it in the past. I fully intend on delving into the edible’s once we can buy them easily. Will make life easier on the liver.

40 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it may seem that way because people are more open but I don't think people are just starting up now that it's legal.  Been trying to get the wife to do it for her pain and she's still afraid,  it's fucking crazy.  She found a vape pen with some OG girl scout cookie in it in my sons room and i told her to save it for me,  she refused cause the pots so dangerous,  SMH.  

1141032543_giphy.gif.cf-2019-11-02T104926_891.gif.76c9f31243440499d89449354a5bd477.gif

28 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

I may or may have not allegedly smoked weed with a few cops from time to time in the past..... supposedly. They get it 

I was at a party 2 years ago with a bunch of cops and the one guy pulled out a vape with girl scout cookies and its was all good! 

"Back in the day"... I had an apartment on the southside of chicago, neighborhood is all cops and fireman. I remember waking up to go to work and there being a bunch of dudes doing coke at my kitchen table. Then coming home from work and they are still there. Couple of those guys are chicago cops now. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don’t see a big rush of people who have never smoked suddenly starting to do so.

Its a stupid argument that stupid people make. Anyone who ever wanted to try it could get it very easily even being illegal. Just because you can go to the store and pay top dollar for it doesnt make it any less accessible illegally. 

1 hour ago, Anler said:

I was at a party 2 years ago with a bunch of cops and the one guy pulled out a vape with girl scout cookies and its was all good! 

"Back in the day"... I had an apartment on the southside of chicago, neighborhood is all cops and fireman. I remember waking up to go to work and there being a bunch of dudes doing coke at my kitchen table. Then coming home from work and they are still there. Couple of those guys are chicago cops now. :lol: 

Oh yeah firemen too! Was nice with all our big bonfire parties having some of the local fire fighters there. No permit and pallet fires going like mad. Little nerve racking partying with cops though first time until I seen one smoking then another start rolling a dollar bill tight :lol:

1 hour ago, Snake said:

It's so out there now.... twice I have had people try to tip me with pot. A fucking bud as big as a tennis ball.

Ive got 4-5 customers who tip me with weed every spring and fall.

50 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Oh yeah firemen too! Was nice with all our big bonfire parties having some of the local fire fighters there. No permit and pallet fires going like mad. Little nerve racking partying with cops though first time until I seen one smoking then another start rolling a dollar bill tight :lol:

My friend Pete is one of the full time white lake guys. Knowing him he was throwing the pallets on. :lol: 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Take that vape pen and destroy it.  That is what is fucking kids lungs. Tell your kid to get a bong.