Check your account email address ×

Justin Trudeau is Doing a Great Job

revrnd

6 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I was thinking of that when I saw the item, but forgot to mention it. Escalade sales will be up in Cadillac's African sales region.

And Apu will still be using wood or coal to heat his hut and cook his food.

She's right on the money there.  What surprises me, is that even Liberals are surprised/unhappy with Trudeau. 

They voted in the credential-less hack, and he hasn't done much different than typical Liberals...... give our money away to everyone else. 

Humanitarian Legacy-building, I guess. 

26 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

She's right on the money there.  What surprises me, is that even Liberals are surprised/unhappy with Trudeau. 

They voted in the credential-less hack, and he hasn't done much different than typical Liberals...... give our money away to everyone else. 

Plus Canada is back from wherever it went.

Since when was it Canada's responsibility to save the planet? How about we get our own house in order 1st?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Puzzleboy said:

52 minutes ago, dirtybeacher said:

Yup

Whos the blond bimbo in all this?  

Just noticed the bill for Pretty Boy's trip to khans island. About 137000 we are on the hook for . He has staffers billing us a per diem from a private island. Only a fuckin libtard could figure out how to spend money without anywhere to shop .

Why did we never hear about this poll?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/poll-canadians-multiculturalism-immigrants-1.3784194

I also saw on the CP24 ticker that some Emerson residents are getting annoyed w/ the asylum seekers.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1452580-reeve-of-manitoba-border-town-says-asylum-seekers-a-little-rude

Would a property owner be justified in shooting @ a trespasser?

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/poll-canadians-multiculturalism-immigrants-1.3784194

I also saw on the CP24 ticker that some Emerson residents are getting annoyed w/ the asylum seekers.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1452580-reeve-of-manitoba-border-town-says-asylum-seekers-a-little-rude

If life was so wonderful in the country they left that they felt the need to relocate here why do they feel the need to turn Canada into their former country. What happened to the days when immigrants to Canada were excited to and worked hard to be part of Canadian society. Oh that's right, Trudope senior is what happened.

8 minutes ago, 02sled said:

If life was so wonderful in the country they left that they felt the need to relocate here why do they feel the need to turn Canada into their former country. What happened to the days when immigrants to Canada were excited to and worked hard to be part of Canadian society. Oh that's right, Trudope senior is what happened.

Dosanjh has gotten reamed in the past about his comments. They usually fly in the face of whet the "know it alls" want to hear.

"then this phrase that politicians use — that diversity is a strength — is nonsensical."

Can someone explain how 'diversity is our strength' works? All I can compare it to is that it's some utopian thought that a factory workplace of the 4 targeted groups (& gender neutral) is superior to the reality where the shop floor workers are mostly middle aged males.

I do recall a story back during the Yugoslavian Civil War where Toronto neighbours of Serbian & Croatian descent got into it & the cops had to get involved. Their issue IIRC goes back to some battle in the 13th century.

16 hours ago, revrnd said:

The poll was published by the CBC so I guess we did hear about it on a web only basis.....

Shoot them and you are going to do time. They already have more rights than you do.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/starbucks-hiring-refugees-1.4036668

Apparently this figure is worlwide. I guess that's a new target group. The straight, white, male just got shoved further back in the hiring line.

I wonder when we'll hear of something like this happening:

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2009/12/25/4_migrant_workers_die_in_plunge_from_highrise.html

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/scaffolding-collapse-criminally-responsible-vadim-kaznelson-1.3397597

I think the workers were from eastern Europe and/or Russia.

Some of them may be desperate for work & there's bound to be shady operators willing to take advantage of them. 

Trudeau is speaking right now at George Brown College to sell his 2017 budget. Another huge deficit. $25B I believe on top of the last deficit. He just talked about EI benefits. If you become unemployed in the GTA you get a maximum 35 weeks of EI if you lose your job through no fault of your own. However, one year (52 weeks) off for someone who chooses to be a mother isn't enough. Now it will be 18 months. (73 weeks) that the taxpayer and the employer pays for. More than twice what the person who lost their job is entitled to. Meanwhile the employer has to hold the job open for the employee while they take a year and a half off. Another impact for business adding to their expense. Of course EI premiums will be going up for both the employer and employee.

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Trudeau is speaking right now at George Brown College to sell his 2017 budget. Another huge deficit. $25B I believe on top of the last deficit. He just talked about EI benefits. If you become unemployed in the GTA you get a maximum 35 weeks of EI if you lose your job through no fault of your own. However, one year (52 weeks) off for someone who chooses to be a mother isn't enough. Now it will be 18 months. (73 weeks) that the taxpayer and the employer pays for. More than twice what the person who lost their job is entitled to. Meanwhile the employer has to hold the job open for the employee while they take a year and a half off. Another impact for business adding to their expense. Of course EI premiums will be going up for both the employer and employee.

Yep its horrible when women get to stay home with their infant children. 

30 minutes ago, 02sled said:

15 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I know, they should back at er pulling their weight.....6 months should be plenty to heel em up :pc:

12 months actually is not enough, 18 is closer to the perfect number. for kids to be with their mom. Most daycare centers cannot even take a 13 month into their center, against the regulations. So unless you go private or have relatives, you are SOL.

Don't know other places of business, but here, it seems when a person takes time off to have and provide for their baby, the person hired on a temp basis to fill in, usually has become a permanent employee.....doors open & close all the time.

And do not forget the monthly child allowance families get now.....few young kids and a nice chunk of change per month to get. 

19 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Never said it was horrible. Since when is a year not enough.  Don't forget they are now able to split it between the mother and the father making it 9 months each. EI for losing your job used to be a year but they changed the rules and the number of weeks is based on where you live. The GTA max is now 35 weeks. One goes up while the other goes down. I was pointing out the inequity of what someone who without choice loses their job versus the woman who chooses and has the opportunity to plan financially for having a kid. She will now be entitled to more than twice what the person relying on their job to pay the bills can receive in EI. Who has the greater need for that EI money.

Don't forget the reality that many of those women will have a doctor send them home on medical leave from work often months before they are due extending the time they are off work and the impact to the business.

Perhaps if he truly feels for the middle class Canadian he should have left the IE for parental leave at 1 year and restored it to 1 year for those who lose their jobs.

Is it a good thing for business to be impacted by having someone off for a year and a half and having to hold their job for them. After holding that job for a year and a half open surprisingly many of those mothers in the eleventh hour inform their employer that they won't be returning. Is this good for business.

49 minutes ago, 02sled said:

When we decided that two people must work to support a family we then devalued labor by essentially doubling the work force. Business reaped the rewards of a less expensive labor force and now can fully expect to bear some of the burden when women need time to being children into the world.

2 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Never said it was horrible. Since when is a year not enough.  Don't forget they are now able to split it between the mother and the father making it 9 months each. EI for losing your job used to be a year but they changed the rules and the number of weeks is based on where you live. The GTA max is now 35 weeks. One goes up while the other goes down. I was pointing out the inequity of what someone who without choice loses their job versus the woman who chooses and has the opportunity to plan financially for having a kid. She will now be entitled to more than twice what the person relying on their job to pay the bills can receive in EI. Who has the greater need for that EI money.

Don't forget the reality that many of those women will have a doctor send them home on medical leave from work often months before they are due extending the time they are off work and the impact to the business.

Perhaps if he truly feels for the middle class Canadian he should have left the IE for parental leave at 1 year and restored it to 1 year for those who lose their jobs.

Is it a good thing for business to be impacted by having someone off for a year and a half and having to hold their job for them. After holding that job for a year and a half open surprisingly many of those mothers in the eleventh hour inform their employer that they won't be returning. Is this good for business.

Since you have know kids you are so narrow minded to people that do, or wanting too it's ridiculous. No I think when a person loses their job they should be given every penny they ever paid into EI back, but that's not how insurance works.

The reality is you have zero clue how long some woman take off before they give birth...... waiting for a long winded story about some woman that was on your "team"

No the business should clear state in the interview if you wish to have child we can't have you work for us because god forbid you hurt our bottom line and we have to find a temp to fill you're position. 

7 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Since you have know kids you are so narrow minded to people that do, or wanting too it's ridiculous. No I think when a person loses their job they should be given every penny they ever paid into EI back, but that's not how insurance works.

The reality is you have zero clue how long some woman take off before they give birth...... waiting for a long winded story about some woman that was on your "team"

No the business should clear state in the interview if you wish to have child we can't have you work for us because god forbid you hurt our bottom line and we have to find a temp to fill you're position. 

Not really an issue for larger co's, but it can be quite a challenge for small businesses of professionals.  Good thing most would never take more than about 6 months off and likely set up to continue a lesser workload while at home.

12 minutes ago, Reevester said:

And you as a died in the wool liberal are so narrowly focussed on give me give me with total disregard for the impact outside of your bubble. Sorry to burst your bubble but much more than the women I had working directly with me I did have the metrics of maternity leave and sick leave (short term disability in this case) for a company with over 30,000 employees. They were used to build our financial budgets each year so you're wrong as to my insight.

I guess you having a kid or two must give you a vast amount of insight into the metrics of how long all those other women take off before they give birth... where does your vast knowledge come from. Your imagination perhaps.

You obviously haven't a clue about the impact to business of having to hold a job for someone for a year let alone a year and a half. On top of the EI payments the employers STD / LTD often top up the EI shortfall so they collect full pay for a year and a half. Many of those who go on maternity leave know full well they have no intention of coming back but they would never disclose that since that would mean they lose out on the STD / LTD. Forget the ability of the employer to simply hire a replacement.

My parents said when they were applying for a mortgage to buy their 1st house in the late 50s, the wife's income was excluded because when she got pregnant she had no income to go against the mortgage payments. 

Anyone have an idea when that changed? Did the banks voluntarily change the rules or did the gov't of the day force them not to discriminate against married couples?

Edited by revrnd

13 minutes ago, 02sled said:

And you as a died in the wool liberal are so narrowly focussed on give me give me with total disregard for the impact outside of your bubble. Sorry to burst your bubble but much more than the women I had working directly with me I did have the metrics of maternity leave and sick leave (short term disability in this case) for a company with over 30,000 employees. They were used to build our financial budgets each year so you're wrong as to my insight.

I guess you having a kid or two must give you a vast amount of insight into the metrics of how long all those other women take off before they give birth... where does your vast knowledge come from. Your imagination perhaps.

You obviously haven't a clue about the impact to business of having to hold a job for someone for a year let alone a year and a half. On top of the EI payments the employers STD / LTD often top up the EI shortfall so they collect full pay for a year and a half. Many of those who go on maternity leave know full well they have no intention of coming back but they would never disclose that since that would mean they lose out on the STD / LTD. Forget the ability of the employer to simply hire a replacement.

There's that long winded post. 

Since we're making assumption I hope your geriatric ass isn't a burden on all these children that these mother's are raising when there in the workforce and your in a home withering away alone you selfish hack.