Check your account email address ×

UAW Strike

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW let’s not confuse the UAW and Teamsters with skilled trade unions.

well UAW also covers skilled trades as well as janitors like Jay :news: 

End of the day skill trades unions IMO can serve a valuable purpose

31 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

BTW let’s not confuse the UAW and Teamsters with skilled trade unions.

Like I said,  you sorry fat piece of shit. If you had the opportunity to get into one of the Detroit auto makers back years ago, you wouldn't have turned it down. You're a lying cunt if you say you wouldn't have taken it. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

30 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Like I said,  you sorry fat piece of shit. If you had the opportunity to get into one of the Detroit auto makers back years ago, you wouldn't have turned it down. You're a lying cunt if you say you wouldn't have taken it. 

What is the top pay rate for a non skilled assembly line worker out of curiosity 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m shitting on the opinion of UAW members here telling Dooski that it’s not their problem and it sucks to be him. The other point that I find laughable is how certain union members are so anti union and act like they would make the same and enjoy the same benefits without The Teamsters.

Can you find the last time I dissed a union?

I don't mean posting a piece about a corrupt UAW president or such, I mean me saying the union fucked me.

I pay my dues and do my job. Nothing else is required of me.

1 hour ago, frenchy said:

What is the top pay rate for a non skilled assembly line worker out of curiosity 

Not sure on the exact amount on assembly line workers. I don't work in a final assembly plant. But $31+ easily for a team leader/coordinator. $30+ for job setters in plant I work at. Average is around $29ish depending on your job classification. That doesn't include shift premium either, or anything else.  Afternoons gets 5% and Midnight's is 10%  per hour. Time and a half over 40 hours and Saturdays. Double time on Sundays. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Not sure on the exact amount on assembly line workers. I don't work in a final assembly plant. But $31+ easily for a team leader/coordinator. $30+ for job setters in plant I work at. Average is around $29ish depending on your job classification. That doesn't include shift premium either, or anything else.  Afternoons gets 5% and Midnight's is 10%  per hour. Time and a half over 40 hours and Saturdays. Double time on Sundays. 

Yuk.

46 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Something that we're trying to get change back  to the way it was which was time and a half over 8 hours in a shift

Always been like that while here.

On 10/4/2019 at 5:58 PM, SVT MXZ XRS said:

No threats, pussy ass Jimmy, that's a promise.  I will bash your fucking head in one of these days

Fat Jimmy is winning if he has angered you to the point you fantasize about beating on him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

Good!! Go back to work!!!! 

KeyBanc is reporting that General Motors and the United Auto Workers have reached a preliminary deal to end the strike and that an agreement could be announced Wednesday.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/gm-strike-deal-agreement-uaw-parts-suppliers-cars-51571229296

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Good!! Go back to work!!!! 

KeyBanc is reporting that General Motors and the United Auto Workers have reached a preliminary deal to end the strike and that an agreement could be announced Wednesday.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/gm-strike-deal-agreement-uaw-parts-suppliers-cars-51571229296

:thumbsup:

On 10/5/2019 at 6:17 PM, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Something that we're trying to get change back  to the way it was which was time and a half over 8 hours in a shift

something we are trying to change TO. :lol:

On 10/5/2019 at 7:08 PM, BOHICA said:

Anything over 40 a week should be double time.

Nope

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member
On 10/5/2019 at 7:17 PM, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Used to be a norm but asshole union workers would drag out a couple days for 10 - 12 hours and then take Friday off.  Now it's time and a half after a "working" 40 hour week....no vacation or sick days during the week.   

On 10/5/2019 at 8:08 PM, BOHICA said:

Anything over 40 a week should be double time.

Never saw this..... must be bigger asshole union workers pushing for more.  Time and a half for anything after 40 during the week, double for holidays and Sunday.  Keep it fair and maybe your 'job' will stay around for you. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, irv said:

I just read it was a done deal, as in accepted. 

I sure hope so! We're waiting for them to add more weeks of furlough around here. Other companies have given their employees pay cuts or straight layoffs of salaried people. This shit needs to end

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, $poorsledder$ said:

Used to be a norm but asshole union workers would drag out a couple days for 10 - 12 hours and then take Friday off.  Now it's time and a half after a "working" 40 hour week....no vacation or sick days during the week.   

Never saw this..... must be bigger asshole union workers pushing for more.  Time and a half for anything after 40 during the week, double for holidays and Sunday.  Keep it fair and maybe your 'job' will stay around for you. 

My job will easily get me to retirement.  It’s not going anywhere.  Not enough people willing to do the work as it stands.  It will have been a 40 year career

Double on holidays....  so if you have paid holidays off and you go to work you only make your holiday pay plus straight time that’s it.... 

holidays are triple time....  or if you are time and a half for OT it should be at least 2.5 time.

Anything out west is pretty much double time for over 40 if they want to keep people around in my profession....  even non union pays double time

Edited by BOHICA

3 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Double on holidays....  so if you have paid holidays off and you go to work you only make your holiday pay plus straight time....  

holidays are triple time....  or if you are time and a half for OT it should be at least 2.5 time.

Anything out west is pretty much double time for over 40 if they want to keep people around in my profession....  even non union pays double time

That's a bunch of greedy bullshit.