Check your account email address ×

UAW Strike

• Platinum Contributing Member

:bigfinger:  UAW!!! Just go back to work already.

Mandatory 2 week furloughs here just announced this morning and could get worse if the strike rolls on. Company lost 4 million in September just from those couple weeks of strike. 

3 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

:bigfinger:  UAW!!! Just go back to work already.

Mandatory 2 week furloughs here just announced this morning and could get worse if the strike rolls on. Company lost 4 million in September just from those couple weeks of strike. 

That sucks. Give you time to finish that skidoo project in the garage lol.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

That sucks. Give you time to finish that skidoo project in the garage lol.

Yeah I've been sitting here trying to decide what projects I'll get done over that time. Some in the house and then there's that one cluttering up the garage. Already have the boats and Sea doo's shrink wrapped and winterized  :lol: 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

true but union leaderships a bunch of greedy fucks just like CEO's

I think he is being sarcastic....Racer loves him some CEO sack.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think he is being sarcastic....Racer loves him some CEO sack.

Fuck off.

The UAW and GM are the cause of this.  UAW workers and others are not the problem.  Maybe Mary should give up some of that 22 million per year that she is getting.

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Fuck off.

The UAW and GM are the cause of this.  UAW workers and others are not the problem.  Maybe Mary should give up some of that 22 million per year that she is getting.

her 22 million is immaterial in reality.  It's about $10 a worker.  Thats why exec pay is such a false flag in the negotiations.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

her 22 million is immaterial in reality.  It's about $10 a worker.  Thats why exec pay is such a false flag in the negotiations.  

That's rich.  It's 478 dollars per striking worker and that is only in one year.  Nice to see that you stick up for one of the 20 highest paid CEO's in America.

Edited by racer254
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, racer254 said:

That's rich.  It's 478 dollars per striking worker and that is only in one year.  Nice to see that you stick up for one of the 20 highest paid CEO's in America.

lets not forget all the GM workers who are not on strike, i dropped a zero when i typed it it's about $100.  

Exec pay is immaterial in the discussion.  is it too high -  absolutely but the unions not going to address that in these negotiations so they need to concentrate on what matters.  

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

lets not forget all the GM workers who are not on strike, i dropped a zero when i typed it it's about $100.  

Exec pay is immaterial in the discussion.  is it too high -  absolutely but the unions not going to address that in these negotiations so they need to concentrate on what matters.  

I do agree that it will not be addressed in these negotiations.   But I happen to think that the UAW can use it as a good point to make.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I do agree that it will not be addressed in these negotiations.   But I happen to think that the UAW can use it as a good point to make.

You can bet the 11.2 Billion or whatever the rounded up number is in profit will be used if it isn't all ready? My gut tells me this is going to be a long drawn out one? GM has clearly stated they have given them enough in wages, profit sharing, re-opening/keeping some plants open, etc, so I don't think they are going to cave anytime soon?

My wife hears very little about it up here but Oshawa currently has bigger things on its mind, unfortunately.

Just now, irv said:

You can bet the 11.2 Billion or whatever the rounded up number is in profit will be used if it isn't all ready? My gut tells me this is going to be a long drawn out one? GM has clearly stated they have given them enough in wages, profit sharing, re-opening/keeping some plants open, etc, so I don't think they are going to cave anytime soon?

My wife hears very little about it up here but Oshawa currently has bigger things on its mind, unfortunately.

GM can afford to give a better profit sharing check,  they can't afford to ramp up fixed costs in the face of slowing car sales.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

GM can afford to give a better profit sharing check,  they can't afford to ramp up fixed costs in the face of slowing car sales.  

Personally, compared with the workers up here, I was quite surprised what kind of money the U.S. workers make when profit sharing is factored in. Everything, including wages up here was once higher than the states but that has definitely changed.

Of course I am getting second hand management news/takes on things so I'm not sure if that is 100% accurate or not? 

3 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

How is GM affecting you? Thought you were working on the new Bronco ? 

We supply to GM, Ford, FCA, BMW, VW, Tesla etc but GM is out biggest customer

3 hours ago, racer254 said:

so would they go back to work if she dropped it to 5 mill and it only cost them $108/yr?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, frenchy said:

so would they go back to work if she dropped it to 5 mill and it only cost them $108/yr?

26 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Yep, YEP they would do exactly that.  LOL.

Well what would it take...cut her salary in half? 

I have never been affected directly like this by what the UAW has done until now. As of now they cost me 2 weeks pay and could be more if they don’t negotiate. We’ve laid  off over 250 plant workers so far. One plant was all employees since its 100% GM. 

14 hours ago, Skidooski said:

I have never been affected directly like this by what the UAW has done until now. As of now they cost me 2 weeks pay and could be more if they don’t negotiate. We’ve laid  off over 250 plant workers so far. One plant was all employees since its 100% GM. 

An offer was rejected yesterday according to the info I got from my wife. I am unsure what GM came back with to try and appease them but this will just add weeks now as GM will try to starve them out even further.

12 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

This strike has ZERO to do with hourly employees profit sharing amount or the CEOs ridiculous salary and bonuses 

Mostly job security, Jay? 

I have heard GM wants to open/fill an EV plant and use nothing but TPT's? (temp part time) For this, I support the strike and the workers 100%!! If GM wins this then full time jobs everywhere as we know it will become a thing of the past in North America. 

The nuke plant I worked at for 36 yrs is likely well over half filled now with temp employees. To say the place was becoming a shit hole was an understatement!