Check your account email address ×

Frisco: NRA is a "terrorist" organization

Pete

The bold... yeah ok you fucking asshole libs

The San Francisco Board of Supervisors has passed a resolution declaring the National Rifle Association a “domestic terrorist organization” and urged the federal government to do the same – the latest escalation in the heated rhetoric from Democrats regarding the NRA in the wake of several deadly mass shootings.

The resolution, which passed Tuesday and says the U.S. is “plagued by an epidemic of gun violence,” accuses the NRA of using “its considerable wealth and organization strength to promote gun ownership and incite gun owners to acts of violence.”

2020 DEMS RAMP UP CALLS TO MANDATE ASSAULT WEAPONS BUYBACK: 'ALL OF THEM'

“All countries have violent and hateful people, but only in America do we give them ready access to assault weapons and large-capacity magazines thanks, in large part, to the National Rifle Association’s influence,” the resolution says.

The document resolves to assess the relationships that those who do business with the city have with the group and says “the City and County of San Francisco should take every reasonable step to limit those entities who do business with the City and County of San Francisco from doing business with this domestic terrorist organization.”

The resolution cites the July mass shooting at the Gilroy Garlic Festival, in which three people were killed. KTVU reports that the resolution’s author wrote the text after that shooting.

The NRA responded by calling the resolution a stunt that was distracting from the city’s myriad of social problems.

CHICAGO MAYOR CLASHES WITH CRUZ OVER GUN VIOLENCE: 'KEEP OUR NAME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH'

"This ludicrous stunt by the Board of Supervisors is an effort to distract from the real problems facing San Francisco, such as rampant homelessness, drug abuse and skyrocketing petty crime, to name a few,” the statement said, according to KTVU. “The NRA will continue working to protect the constitutional rights of all freedom-loving Americans."

The measure comes as Democrats across the country are ramping up calls to crack down on gun ownership, in response to deadly mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and western Texas. Some presidential candidates have proposed mandatory buyback programs, notably Beto O'Rourke who bluntly told reporters that would be the plan.

“I want to be really clear that that’s exactly what we are going to do,” O’Rourke said. “Americans who own AR-15s, AK-47s, will have to sell them to the government.”

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

Republicans, however, have noted that gun violence is still rampant in major cities like Chicago that have strict gun laws in place.

“Gun control doesn’t work. Look at Chicago. Disarming law-abiding citizens isn’t the answer,” Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, tweeted Monday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-francisco-board-brands-nra-a-domestic-terrorist-organization

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As a member of The NRA the only thing they are guilty of is being annoying with their constant asking for more dough. 🤣

lol, thats like the only reason I wont join shit like that, always get that call at the wrong time!!

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

NRA promotes gun ownership??? Who knew.....

Actually it promotes the right to gun ownership.   I've never seen them actively telling people to arm themselves.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

And by treasonous cunts I mean the San Fransisco Board of Supervisors.  :news:

Thousands of homeless living in the streets, a once beautiful city overrun with garbage, feces, needles etc., and this is what their government is concerned with.  Disgusting.  Worse, it won’t make a spit of difference.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Thousands of homeless living in the streets, a once beautiful city overrun with garbage, feces, needles etc., and this is what their government is concerned with.  Disgusting.  Worse, it won’t make a spit of difference.

ahh but it makes them "feel good" they are doing something..

I've been posting AGAINST the NRA for years. I was a member on and off for about 25 of the last 45 years.

They are nothing more than an advocate and proponent for GUN MANUFACTURERS. 

Protection of 2nd Amendment Rights is bullshit. I'm willing to bet that most NRA members don't even know when the fukken 2nd Amendment was passed. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

As a member of The NRA the only thing they are guilty of is being annoying with their constant asking for more dough. 🤣

" do you really have to spend all of my membership fee soliciting me for more money"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The NRA is nothing of its original self. They once were focused on safety. Today they keep cutting their safety budget and are owned by gun manufacturers. They are a gun union.

Yeah, a lot has changed in the last 147 years

51 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The NRA is nothing of its original self. They once were focused on safety. Today they keep cutting their safety budget and are owned by gun manufacturers. They are a gun union.

It was formed following the civil war by a group that was concerned about the poor state of marksmanship noted among northern solders. They couldn’t shoot worth shit. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

It was formed following the civil war by a group that was concerned about the poor state of marksmanship noted among northern solders. They couldn’t shoot worth shit. 

Back in the 60s and 70’s they focused on gun and hunter safety....no more.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

LOL!  What the fuck do you think they focus on now?  Do you live in your basement?

Inciting gun owners to go out and kill ppl

get with  the program 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

they are a PAC at this point nothing more.  

They've been that for some time..and they've done a great job at protection the 2nd.  But to say they do nothing more is retarded.  

I joined for the first time last year but am pretty aware of what they do.