Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's the maga sled!

Four people I know have bought the same sled in the last two weeks. They are making snowmobiling great again. Some of the greatest  riding this country has ever seen.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

According to the text I’ve been getting this morning, Poo is making snowmobiling great again.

Boom!

8E63E2E3-3987-4810-9EF8-AD930162CF4D.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice bro! Is that black or the stealth gray? Looks just like the one I ordered. :bc:

Same as yours. Seems we all like this color combo lolz.

I hope covid takes a hike and we have epic snow in 2021. Lots of maga hitting the trails!

Gotta try to hook up with you guys in the yoop this winter. With both kids off to college (fingers crossed) it should be easy for me to gtfo.

1 minute ago, Edmo said:

Gotta try to hook up with you guys in the yoop this winter. With both kids off to college (fingers crossed) it should be easy for me to gtfo.

For sure bro, if you do that we will have at least 4 - 2021 850's in our group! MAGA! :bc:

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

For sure bro, if you do that we will have at least 4 - 2021 850's in our group! MAGA! :bc:

This is going to be fun. I’ve never owned the top of the line sled with clicker shocks. Always been leftover cheapo base model guy. :lol: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

This is going to be fun. I’ve never owned the top of the line sled with clicker shocks. Always been leftover cheapo base model guy. :lol: 

You only live once! :bc:

21 hours ago, Woodtick said:

According to the text I’ve been getting this morning, Poo is making snowmobiling great again.

Wheelchairs for the crippled.  :lol:

19 hours ago, Edmo said:

Congrats on your new sled!  Yes, learn to tune those shocks and you’ll never go back to “base models” again.  There’s no substitutions for really good shocks (well, I suppose WE’s in a pinch.  LOL!)

Also, that black/dark grey color scheme is definitely “the bomb”.  Mine will be dressed the same way come fall....unless I decide to stay stealth/Darth Vader.

How do all you shock experts know how to tune your shocks, with ever changing trail conditions ? It,s not like you are on a consistant paved trail. Every goat path is different. I,m thinking some guys have way to much time on their hands, and just like to change their shock settings every time they get of their sled, just to show the rest in  the group what great shock tuners they are. What,s wrong with set em, and forget em ? Yamaha and Cat have got it right, to be able to change all the shock settings on the fly.

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

How do all you shock experts know how to tune your shocks, with ever changing trail conditions ? It,s not like you are on a consistant paved trail. Every goat path is different. I,m thinking some guys have way to much time on their hands, and just like to change their shock settings every time they get of their sled, just to show the rest in  the group what great shock tuners they are. What,s wrong with set em, and forget em ? Yamaha and Cat have got it right, to be able to change all the shock settings on the fly.

Well, you just set them up for the way you like to ride and how you like it to handle.  Once that’s done, you should pretty much let it be unless trails really get changed and then,  just a bit of adjusting if you want.  I keep good notes and have three alternate settings but, I’m not out there on the trail adjusting anything.  I “run what I brung” once I’m out there.  I do whatever adjusting I want when I get back.  It’s a bit of a science....but not rocket.

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Well, you just set them up for the way you like to ride and how you like it to handle.  Once that’s done, you should pretty much let it be unless trails really get changed and then,  just a bit of adjusting if you want.  I keep good notes and have three alternate settings but, I’m not out there on the trail adjusting anything.  I “run what I brung” once I’m out there.  I do whatever adjusting I want when I get back.  It’s a bit of a science....but not rocket.

I'll play with my side adjuster if the trails get beat and occasionally my compression and rebound on my front GYTR's just to try different set ups but for the most part, I usually just run what I've always run.

What FN's is doing is just brand bashing. The auto on the fly is a nice option but the same applies to those owners as they really only change things up, albeit a bit easier, when conditions change.

I don't have 20 G's just kicking around for that option though. 

28 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I generally spend the first ride or 2 getting everything to my liking, and then for the most part I leave it.  Maybe a click or two for conditions.  I miss that front arm adjuster on the cats, with the knob on the handlebars.  Except mine broke every other ride which meant the front track shock went away.  When it worked though, fantastic for different snow conditions .

Edited by DriftBusta

• Platinum Contributing Member
35 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I generally spend the first ride or 2 getting everything to my liking, and then for the most part I leave it.  Maybe a click or two for conditions.  I miss that front arm adjuster on the cats, with the knob on the handlebars.  Except mine broke every other ride which meant the front track shock went away.  When it worked though, fantastic for different snow conditions .

I had one of those on my 02 ZR800 CC....I finally replaced  it with a standard Shock but I agree that when they worked they worked well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, irv said:

I'll play with my side adjuster if the trails get beat and occasionally my compression and rebound on my front GYTR's just to try different set ups but for the most part, I usually just run what I've always run.

What FN's is doing is just brand bashing. The auto on the fly is a nice option but the same applies to those owners as they really only change things up, albeit a bit easier, when conditions change.

I don't have 20 G's just kicking around for that option though. 

Man, Trump is giving out some Fuck You Carooona money down here for aleddin’ goodies!!!!  I was gonna do charity but I figure the libtards gonna do that this time, right?

:lol: