Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

2 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Had a float plane do a touch and go on January 3rd and water skiers on January 2nd. Where’s winter at???

Yea this is ridiculous down here.  I can see us having deep freeze in February to make up for it 

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea this is ridiculous down here.  I can see us having deep freeze in February to make up for it 

It’s bullshit! Was going to head up to Brimley but not getting good reports. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yikes 

Dripper says you're wrong 

The DNR is closing trails down in certain areas until further notice. People we know were just in Brimley 2 days ago and had to turn around from impassable trails and water holes. Looks like you need to be well west of Marquette and that's tough to do from here on a three or four day weekend trip. Hell, I won't even have a chance to test my IMP800 sled before the first race at Houghton Lake this year

17 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Niece and wife. Upsalquich River, Upsalquich NB.

Sled just turned 3000kms.

Zero issues.

IMG_20200103_141416.jpg

Road that same sled for about 25 miles last week. It just ate up the deep slush on the lake we were on. Very impressed! That was also with my 275lbs brother in law on the back and pulling a bunch of gear. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Road that same sled for about 25 miles last week. It just ate up the deep slush on the lake we were on. Very impressed! That was also with my 275lbs brother in law on the back and pulling a bunch of gear. 

Yeah.  We broke trail for 5km or so in 2 feet on hilly terrain. I was quite impressed. Girls were sure we'd get stuck 😂

My niece kept asking me if I knew where we were. My answer was always " no "!😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

Yeah.  We broke trail for 5km or so in 2 feet on hilly terrain. I was quite impressed. Girls were sure we'd get stuck 😂

My niece kept asking me if I knew where we were. My answer was always " no "!😂😂😂

When I retire and am spending more time at camp,I can see myself owning something like that. The Yammi dealer up by me always has a few of those two stroke,fanners,with low range in stock. I guess those things can go anywhere,but aren’t as comfortable as the bearcat or Doo?

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

The DNR is closing trails down in certain areas until further notice. People we know were just in Brimley 2 days ago and had to turn around from impassable trails and water holes. Looks like you need to be well west of Marquette and that's tough to do from here on a three or four day weekend trip. Hell, I won't even have a chance to test my IMP800 sled before the first race at Houghton Lake this year

I was being sarcastic :bc:

I've seen some reports on FB pages 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I was being sarcastic :bc:

I've seen some reports on FB pages 

Oh I know, I'm just pissed off at the conditions close to home (4-5 hour drive or less). Even if there's a chance I still get excuses from riding buddies  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

When I retire and am spending more time at camp,I can see myself owning something like that. The Yammi dealer up by me always has a few of those two stroke,fanners,with low range in stock. I guess those things can go anywhere,but aren’t as comfortable as the bearcat or Doo?

We only put 30 miles on it for a little tryout and can't wait to put some miles on it. 

20191101_145116.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

Oh I know, I'm just pissed off at the conditions close to home (4-5 hour drive or less). Even if there's a chance I still get excuses from riding buddies  

You need a new crew... :news:

Just now, Anler said:

You need a new crew... :news:

This is the new crew  :sad:  Old crew I rode with from the mid 90's up to 5 years ago we'd chase the snow and sleep wherever we could just to get out and ride. 

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

This is the new crew  :sad:  Old crew I rode with from the mid 90's up to 5 years ago we'd chase the snow and sleep wherever we could just to get out and ride. 

Where abouts are you in lower?

2 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The western UP is pristine right now. 

I've got a couple weeks of work I need to bang out then I'm going to try and get over there if possible

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Where abouts are you in lower?

A little less then an hour east of Lansing

• Thanks 1