Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

5 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

It does bother you though obviously that people are out riding.... it's strange

But the conditions in many places are excellent so.....

:lol: yea sure.  If you say so :lmao: 

Just a few days ago, I read multiple times and saw plenty of pics and videi on FB that showed otherwise.

I'll be riding soon enough, but you won't.  

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Yep stay at home. Riding 16” of fresh snow sucks. They should have closed the trails ,when it starts snowing a inch a hour. Did you see all of my pics of the shity conditions? I haven’t been to work in 7 days and had a ball. Don’t worry,I will be riding Jan,feb,and March as well. It’s unfortunate your wife will let you buy bold new graphics, but won’t let you use it? Poor no riding Jay. Just go in the garage and make some brap noises. 🤣

Yea, you go with that dumb fuck.  

You by far are one of the dumbest pieces of shit on here, by far. 

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

It does if you come up on them at 75

:snack:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Woodtick said:

A few more pics of the bad conditions in the UP. These were taken before the big dump.

5EFB9BAF-DA54-447B-9D3C-6D26B65B4C09.jpeg

How do you like the Curve skis? I like mine but truthfully I can't compare them to others as I replaced my stockers before I even rode the sled. The bonus part about them is, they kick/direct snow into the skid. :bc:

6 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

It does bother you though obviously that people are out riding.... it's strange

But the conditions in many places are excellent so.....

Post up some riding pics! :bc: 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

Three weeks ago 

This water hole was a killer!  :lol:

20191220_115120.jpg

Stuff like this doesn’t bother me, the hoards at Christmas and New Years vaca time does. You ever pull into grand Marais on a Saturday around noon to get gas or lunch?

13 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

More lies 

Screenshot_20200102-084211.png

Try going back around the 28th-30th 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Stuff like this doesn’t bother me, the hoards at Christmas and New Years vaca time does. You ever pull into grand Marais on a Saturday around noon to get gas or lunch?

Yea, 4 hours to get gas and lunch 

6 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Yep and when they run out of gas its really fucked lol

People already doing drive offs this year there as well 

1 minute ago, washedupmxer said:

Yep and when they run out of gas its really fucked lol

People already doing drive offs this year there as well 

Why I carry a Jerry can. 

There's gas a short distance from Grand Marais, just gotta know how to get there  :news:

3 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I didn't count but only rode two days ...maybe 225-250

Probably won't go again until late season 

Nice beating me with a big fat 0 for the year and for some reason I couldn't care less but we have little snow.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Kev144 said:

Nice beating me with a big fat 0 for the year and for some reason I couldn't care less but we have little snow.  

zero here too, but for me the season never starts till at least the Monday after new yrs.

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

zero here too, but for me the season never starts till at least the Monday after new yrs.

Yeah ours last year started great and was riding right at the start of Jan.  I'm just not feeling the excitement this year for some reason 

12 hours ago, irv said:

How do you like the Curve skis? I like mine but truthfully I can't compare them to others as I replaced my stockers before I even rode the sled. The bonus part about them is, they kick/direct snow into the skid. :bc:

I bought it used as it sits so I can’t compare. It has a 1 1/2 cobra that does fantastic on logging roads. I think a may pick in with the bare minimum? I do run some plowed roads at times and it could use a little bite. I’m also going to pull the 4” riser and put a 2” on. The bars are way to high for a trail sled.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
23 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

But you don’t have to borrow a sled to ride. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: yea sure.  If you say so :lmao: 

Just a few days ago, I read multiple times and saw plenty of pics and videi on FB that showed otherwise.

I'll be riding soon enough, but you won't.  

Yea, you go with that dumb fuck.  

You by far are one of the dumbest pieces of shit on here, by far. 

:snack:

Triggered to the max.😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I bought it used as it sits so I can’t compare. It has a 1 1/2 cobra that does fantastic on logging roads. I think a may pick in with the bare minimum? I do run some plowed roads at times and it could use a little bite. I’m also going to pull the 4” riser and put a 2” on. The bars are way to high for a trail sled.

I purchased a riser from Travis from Barn of Parts on TY but never got around to installing it. Most say the extra couple inches in height makes for easier steering on my Vector and Apex's? With struggling to stay warm sometimes I am a bit concerned the extra height, putting my hands more in the wind, will be the downside to it. I know I could always go to a bigger windshield but then I'd lose the 40th Anniversary look to it that I'd like to maintain. 

IMG_0181 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, irv said:

I purchased a riser from Travis from Barn of Parts on TY but never got around to installing it. Most say the extra couple inches in height makes for easier steering on my Vector and Apex's? With struggling to stay warm sometimes I am a bit concerned the extra height, putting my hands more in the wind, will be the downside to it. I know I could always go to a bigger windshield but then I'd lose the 40th Anniversary look to it that I'd like to maintain. 

IMG_0181 (Large).JPG

pick up a set of coldguards or skinz soft handguards.  they don't interfere like gauntlets.  Or a more expensive option is the rox handguards which work really well as they are close to the bar but you may hit the windshield some.  I ran them for 5 years on my sleds.  

• Like 1