Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

Just now, bussman said:

No 850 or 800 comes close to it. We had one decent run from the dig. He got me by 10 lengths and his clutching isn’t even really close to using all the boost. Not even a CFR1000 or MachZ beats it. 

That's not what I meant

Just now, bussman said:

No 850 or 800 comes close to it. We had one decent run from the dig. He got me by 10 lengths and his clutching isn’t even really close to using all the boost. Not even a CFR1000 or MachZ beats it. 

Wait...did he tell you this?  

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Today's trip. Fucker only took 5gal(imperial) to fill. 23L or so.

Are the G4s that far off? Light never came on, 36L tank...

IMG_20200106_163330.jpg

IMG_20200106_144341.jpg

Not sure about G4 but on my '17 Renegade XRS light would come on with about 4-4.5 gallons left 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Reevester said:

It was a rip 2. Double backer studs and 4500 miles on it. I was leading then pulled over and they went ripping by me when I stopped to adjust my gloves I caught back up to him just to see it spit out. :lol:

lucky a cool groomer was around .

that coukd have real ez turned in to a full day of fucking around . 

2 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Today's trip. Fucker only took 5gal(imperial) to fill. 23L or so.

Are the G4s that far off? Light never came on, 36L tank...

IMG_20200106_163330.jpg

IMG_20200106_144341.jpg

Yes they are that far off....

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

lucky a cool groomer was around .

that coukd have real ez turned in to a full day of fucking around . 

Yeah you can't go any further north in Ontario then where we were. It would have been a 20 mile tow to the next civilization and then a long ride up to pick it up. The club is great and the groomer operator called his president and he said put it on the drag. Was just perfect timing, we had a fire and had to wait about an hour as he was coming down. That grooming run is 12 hours one way so like I said perfect timing really.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thewayout said:

Mine is also off. It’s showed 1-2 bars and I only put 7 gallons in or so if I recall. 

doo's never had a gauge worth a damn.  Last time i ran out i was 8 miles short of the station after riding offtrail for about 40 miles but I knew i was going to need to use the jerry that day i just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to need to split the can with the boy.  I've had the light on for 50 miles before although the last time i ignored the light i ended up 2 miles short of the gas station.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thewayout said:

Sounds about right. I guess it’s better then being the other way around. 

But at a certain point, it’s just stupid.  If it’s not reliable or you have to do a guessing equation....it’s just dumb.  Mine was totally fucked too.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

doo's never had a gauge worth a damn.  Last time i ran out i was 8 miles short of the station after riding offtrail for about 40 miles but I knew i was going to need to use the jerry that day i just wanted to make sure i wasn't going to need to split the can with the boy.  I've had the light on for 50 miles before although the last time i ignored the light i ended up 2 miles short of the gas station.

Only time I have run out,  we were a little over a mile from town.  I wanted to see how far I could go before running out. I had the Jerry can on the back so I wasn't worried about it  I wanna say it was at 108 before she started chuggin.  If I let it sit for a few minutes to let the fuel stop sloshing around, I would have made it to the pump without having to add fuel. 

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But at a certain point, it’s just stupid.  If it’s not reliable or you have to do a guessing equation....it’s just dumb.  Mine was totally fucked too.

Just have to plan your route and stops based on miles. Or just top off whenever possible.   It's really not that big of a deal.   

I'm sure you have it down to science on your 40 mile loop by now  👍🏼

:snack:

10 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Only time I have run out,  we were a little over a mile from town.  I wanted to see how far I could go before running out. I had the Jerry can on the back so I wasn't worried about it  I wanna say it was at 108 before she started chuggin.  If I let it sit for a few minutes to let the fuel stop sloshing around, I would have made it to the pump without having to add fuel. 

Just have to plan your route and stops based on miles. Or just top off whenever possible.   It's really not that big of a deal.   

I'm sure you have it down to science on your 40 mile loop by now  👍🏼

:snack:

Clear tanks for the win!!!!  

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They're nice for the first season. Look like shit when they start turning yellow tho :flush:

47246216_520012.jpeg.7d8ef99a3d94eb5a794cb240c3a7b32a.jpeg

52005.thumb.jpeg.0da9e7a0824176745fa42fa0d3d8813a.jpeg12-21-07007Large.jpg.3b3e64bd05ca2900dee12fa7502f0b61.jpgDSCF0616.jpg.5c2a7c383a8b3277cd0a2292d7729b48.jpg

Honestly, I don’t like the look of them when they are new either but, like most on race sleds, it’s function over form.  BTW, paper towels dipped 50/50 bleach mix stuck on the tank until they dry keep it white.  :bc:

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Honestly, I don’t like the look of them when they are new either but, like most on race sleds, it’s function over form.  BTW, paper towels dipped 50/50 bleach mix stuck on the tank until they dry keep it white.  :bc:

They yellow from the inside from the fuel. Both of mine did. And so did Paul's ProX

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They yellow from the inside from the fuel. Both of mine did. And so did Paul's ProX

Oh.  Yeah, I’ve got a slight reddish hue from the amsoil.  Bleach works for that too....but the process is a bit more “involved”.  That’s what off seasons are for though.

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Oh.  Yeah, I’ve got a slight reddish hue from the amsoil.  Bleach works for that too....but the process is a bit more “involved”.  That’s what off seasons are for though.

Or.....you know.....black tank!!!!