Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Many gas stations close early.    If you ride at night , which we do a lot , you're foolish if you don't carry extra fuel. We've had to use our cans on several occasions for guys with older sleds that don't get the mileage our E tecs get.  Had to use it once myself. 

That’s the biggest problem - they roll up the streets in some of those towns at 6pm. Then you have to go to the local bar and have the bartender call Ethel to come down and turn on the pumps. Done that a few times lol.

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Edmo said:

That’s the biggest problem - they roll up the streets in some of those towns at 6pm. Then you have to go to the local bar and have the bartender call Ethel to come down and turn on the pumps. Done that a few times lol.

We got stuck  at Foggys back in the day and had to have a waitress  go fill cans for us because the only open pumps were in Munising and they have a sled curfew...that was just the beginning of a long and eventful night/morning. 😂

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dont any of the bars you guys stop at for beers have gas????

I could get by with a 3 gallon tank cause I dont go more than 20 miles without stopping for a daddy pop!!!!

Slang for what you get behind Sandys?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yep.  I already have 3 LinQ bags and 2 gas cans.  Didn't feel like buying the stackable gas can when I already have the regular one.  Glad we both will have our own fuel can and tunnel bag. Sucked trying to cram stuff for 2 of us in one bag, but I always wanted 2 fuel cans on us and he's been on a 120" the last 3 seasons. 

image.thumb.png.12f0c4f8af8e2db4b39e9bc76b1da4ea.png

11 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Dont any of the bars you guys stop at for beers have gas????

I could get by with a 3 gallon tank cause I dont go more than 20 miles without stopping for a daddy pop!!!!

As long as it’s not really cold I’d rather throw a couple in the sled and drink in the woods. We always stop at the end of the ride and sit down for a few. 

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

As long as it’s not really cold I’d rather throw a couple in the sled and drink in the woods. We always stop at the end of the ride and sit down for a few. 

We do that when we ride the river. Anywhere else and theres so many bars that we just pop in for a quick one

5 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Nothing better that a group of sleds stopped on nice clear night out in the sticks and cracking some coldys.

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

We like taking a couple beers with us as we like to do a little lakeside lunch stop. We put them in wool socks and put them in the little sled trunk

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nothing better that a group of sleds stopped on nice clear night out in the sticks and cracking some coldys.

That's what it's all about with good friends and the laughs. We have friends in all different age groups when we ride. The oldest are in their late 70"s and the youngest in the 40"s.

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

That's what it's all about with good friends and the laughs. We have friends in all different age groups when we ride. The oldest are in their late 70"s and the youngest in the 40"s.

That’s probably the biggest thing I miss since I gave up the sauce...the rest of the time no problem. 

4 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Good on giving up the sauce! It isn't a mainstay with our group and it's all about the memories

Thanks and yeah I could do the same thing with a Fresca! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

I had a gas can for mine, then some asshole stole it. :flush: 

Where did that happen at?  Somewhere in the LP 

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

That's an asshole move. We had a spot to park our sleds/atvs when we had our camp as that was the only way for winter access. A buddy loaded all his gear into his skiboose and ran out of gas about 5 miles into the bush. Somebody siphoned all his gas

I always put my fuel caddies in the back of the truck or in the trailer at night if we leave the sleds out and we're staying somewhere other than private property. Most of the time I just pull the sleds in the trailer at night and just bring the tunnel bags in. Sometimes it's not feasible tho, but I don't like leaving my stuff out.  To many assholes out there.  They do make locks for the LinQ bags/fuel caddies, but you shouldn't have to lock your shit up :flush:

1 hour ago, Edmo said:

Which I've already said, but some don't seem to get it. :news:  Not to mention, places constantly running out of fuel. 

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

Slang for what you give behind Sandys?

:snack:

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

image.thumb.png.12f0c4f8af8e2db4b39e9bc76b1da4ea.png

See a lot of other brands out there running LinQ bags/fuel caddies 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

9 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Where did that happen at?  Somewhere in the LP 

I always put my fuel caddies in the back of the truck or in the trailer at night if we leave the sleds out and we're staying somewhere other than private property. Most of the time I just pull the sleds in the trailer at night and just bring the tunnel bags in. Sometimes it's not feasible tho, but I don't like leaving my stuff out.  To many assholes out there.  They do make locks for the LinQ bags/fuel caddies, but you shouldn't have to lock your shit up :flush:

Which I've already said, but some don't seem to get it. :news:  Not to mention, places constantly running out of fuel. 

:snack:

See a lot of other brands out there running LinQ bags/fuel caddies 

I believe it happened at the hideaway two years ago. :bc: 

1 hour ago, CheezusXR8 said:

That place used to be really bad for theft. Haven’t been there in years though.

2 hours ago, CheezusXR8 said:

I'm not the slightest bit surprised 

29 minutes ago, Edmo said:

That place used to be really bad for theft. Haven’t been there in years though.

Like that other place over by Drippy. Can't think of the name of it. I'll have to look it up.  Always packed. 

Well I picked up a 2008 Polaris RMK 700 last night. I am going to swap a bunch of parts off it and then as long as the deal holds I have a buyer for everything at the same price I paid for it. 

Buddy I bought it off of has never rode it as the guy he got it off of had a ring meet exhaust port issue.  Judging by the track which I think is stock, this thing has no miles on it. Track looks brand new.

20190918_183657.jpg

received_940993902908151.jpeg

received_394897311174530.jpeg

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice score! 

Ya not bad for $1000 cad. Has fox float 2 fronts, the gripper deep snow skis, Jerry can rack, mountain seat and tank, handle bar and hand guard setup that I am going snag off of it. So for about 4 hours of my time and $80 in food and fuel, I am way ahead I think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tomas. said:

Ya not bad for $1000 cad. Has fox float 2 fronts, the gripper deep snow skis, Jerry can rack, mountain seat and tank, handle bar and hand guard setup that I am going snag off of it. So for about 4 hours of my time and $80 in food and fuel, I am way ahead I think

Absolutely! :thumbsup: