Check your account email address ×

*****Official 2019-2020 Snowmobile Season Thread*****

so what is the opinion of the fs brain trust on the best piston to use in the old school cast iron bore doo 600 sport carb 

I need to do new o rings in the head so at that point and close to 3k mi no reason not to just do the top end 

On 4/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, Ez ryder said:

so what is the opinion of the fs brain trust on the best piston to use in the old school cast iron bore doo 600 sport carb 

I need to do new o rings in the head so at that point and close to 3k mi no reason not to just do the top end 

Knowing I probably wouldn't ride it much, I'd roll the dice or stick with something cheap in SPI.

16 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Knowing I probably wouldn't ride it much, I'd roll the dice or stick with something cheap in SPI.

lol i have had decent luck with spi in the past  

really only like 50 bucks more for wisco kit . just not sure if cast or forged are better with the old school steel sleeve sport 600 . prob makes,zero diff. 

2 hours ago, rump-rider said:

Damn. Anler should set this guy straight. Who’d wanna give up the Jesus sled for an inferior Doo. :dunno:  :lol: 

A7DF31B6-5099-4A60-92D9-EE9A77760D0B.thumb.png.a996dbee66e368b08a9dc11a0306bbfd.png

I think alot of us would love a nice 4 stroke from poo.   I'd love a yammy 4 stroke but not in a cat chassis. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I think alot of us would love a nice 4 stroke from poo.   I'd love a yammy 4 stroke but not in a cat chassis. 

They are really nice trail sleds in the Cat chassis.  Can even run them down a ditch fairly quick too.  

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

They are really nice trail sleds in the Cat chassis.  Can even run them down a ditch fairly quick too.  

I had a 16 El tigre. They are very behind poo and doo imo.  

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

So doo comes out with a nice new guage for 21 and it completely gets blown away by poos new guage.   Sucks for them!

Doo one looks like shit to me. Small numbers/letters, it sounds like it’s hard to use, and you gotta use that stupid dial down on the console to adjust things.

I like the premium gauge on my ‘20. Simple design but shows me everything I need at once. Leave the GPS for Garmin to perfect. I want advancements in motors, ride & handling not a freakin gauge that’s more like a tablet.

Edited by rump-rider

On 4/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, rump-rider said:

Doo one looks like shit to me. Small numbers/letters, it sounds like it’s hard to use, and you gotta use that stupid dial down on the console to adjust things.

I like the premium gauge on my ‘20. Simple design but shows me everything I need at once. Leave the GPS for Garmin to perfect. I want advancements in motors, ride & handling not a freakin gauge that’s more like a tablet.

I have the new style gauge on my Back Country, and thought about upgrading to the new gauge for next season, but after looking at it a little more, and realizing its probably a 1000 dollar option, I'm just going to transplant my glove box extention from my turbo, with the Garmin 276CX in the removable cradle.

Ok pulled the trigger on this today. I am pretty stoked. I got a tremendous deal, like the best deal ever. even better than the deals AMG gets. But this sled is better and worth way more than a skidoo. sniff

image.thumb.png.b7d81073fed64ad8d923458567938537.png

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ok pulled the trigger on this today. I am pretty stoked. I got a tremendous deal, like the best deal ever. even better than the deals AMG gets. But this sled is better and worth way more than a skidoo. sniff

Nice sled. Did your dealer happen to mention how many sleds they actually sold during Spring break ? I would guess all the manufacturers sales numbers have got to be next to none, with all this covid stuff going on.

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Nice sled. Did your dealer happen to mention how many sleds they actually sold during Spring break ? I would guess all the manufacturers sales numbers have got to be next to none, with all this covid stuff going on.

No we didnt talk about any of that. My bud works for this place and sounds like they are still doing pretty good considering everything thats going on. :dunno:

• Like 1

This is the Assault not the VR1 that I ordered but they go over the Matryx pretty well here and there are alot of really nice features that Polaris added to this model. 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 12:36 PM, Anler said:

I like the colors.  Not a fan of the styling so far.

22 hours ago, Anler said:

Here is the view of the Matryx for skidoo and Cat guys...

I hate it when I have to get that close.....or have to show them a ski.

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I hate it when I have to get that close.....or have to show them a ski.

You have many redeeming qualities but having patience for slower riders who don't look back is not one of them.