Check your account email address ×

Why the pro cross is the Best Buy

Rod

6 hours ago, Mikeadoo said:

which one was that???? The 96 XLT??? :snack:

86 Indy fiver!!!   :whistle:

5 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yea, I'm kinda curious too.  @Zambroski

If you had to guess which one I like......

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Since 99.9% of us are consumers, I guess that was a good move, and why Cat is treading water!

:thumbsup:

Cat is struggling because of what appears to be a stagnant and idiotic boardroom full of people that can’t seem to make good management hiring decisions.

Even still, their design, R&D and race engineering team has kept Cat sled sales just behind Poo in North America.  People still want performance/race inspired sleds.

Poo has done well, there’s no doubt.  They secured government contracts with their wheeled vehicles along the way that has given them plenty of marketing room and their dealer distribution market worldwide is huge.  

Arctic Cat has to be one of the worst top management run operations in the last 20 years.  If Textron fucks their racing dept up anymore or, decides Cat doesn’t need to dominate the race tracks any longer (jury is out on this one).  It’s over.  They can close up the sled business for good.  I’ve got my Doo gear hanging in my closet.  :)

• Platinum Contributing Member

To be honest you remove Tucker from Cat's race team the past 10-15 years and how "successful" are they?  

Reality is this.   Cat is hanging on to a 8 y.o. chassis and that is what is hurting their consumer sled sales.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

To be honest you remove Tucker from Cat's race team the past 10-15 years and how "successful" are they?  

Reality is this.   Cat is hanging on to a 8 y.o. chassis and that is what is hurting their consumer sled sales.

I find it a bit odd because historically they have been the quickest to come out with a new chassis like ever 2 or 3 years for decades :dunno:

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

2020 is 9 years. Almost a decade an the chassis is just about becoming what it should have been in 12.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

2020 is 9 years. Almost a decade an the chassis is just about becoming what it should have been in 12.  

Cat does the poorest job at suspension settings (shocks) and seat/seat foam material for consumer sleds in the industry.  Makes a huge difference.

I don't mind the ProCross chassis for some types of riding.   I don't care what anyone says its still the flattest cornering out there however its fun factor for light feeling front end and weight transfer are the worst and I think that has really hurt them.   By no mean's is it a heavy steering chassis however its front end feels too glued to the ground for maximum fun factor on how I like to ride.   

Edited by Highmark

16 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Tucker is just SX.  Cat has continued to set record podium placements with the PC.  Their dominance in XC is pretty amazing.

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Tucker is just SX.  Cat has continued to set record podium placements with the PC.  Their dominance in XC is pretty amazing.

Not denying its a great SX chassis.   Just not always what consumers wanted.  

39 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Which is strange. It’s still newer than doos chassis.  And the first 2-3 years of a new chassis is usually quite problematic.  The last couple years of a chassis is usually the best sled. Like the procross now is awesome 

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Cat does the poorest job at suspension settings (shocks) and seat/seat foam material for consumer sleds in the industry.  Makes a huge difference.

I don't mind the ProCross chassis for some types of riding.   I don't care what anyone says its still the flattest cornering out there however its fun factor for light feeling front end and weight transfer are the worst and I think that has really hurt them.   By no mean's is it a heavy steering chassis however its front end feels too glued to the ground for maximum fun factor on how I like to ride.   

The cornering of the 2020 procross is supposed to be a lot better than they were before too. Has a totally reworked front end. If it were doo it would be called a new chassis if they put different plastics on it. 

Just now, Rapid Anus said:

The cornering of the 2020 procross is supposed to be a lot better than they were before too. Has a totally reworked front end. If it were doo it would be called a new chassis if they put different plastics on it. 

Well if its flatter corning yet that again will not sell with what consumers want today.  It isn't the selling factor it once was.   More and more people want a light feeling front end that feels playful.  Even on the trails.   

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well if its flatter corning yet that again will not sell with what consumers want today.  It isn't the selling factor it once was.   More and more people want a light feeling front end that feels playful.  Even on the trails.   

People want the newest whiz bang tech even if it is garbage 

2 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

People want the newest whiz bang tech even if it is garbage 

Constant evolution of the sport.   When the early ZR's came out around 92-93 it was a race to see who could make the flattest cornering sled.   Nobody could match cat for a while.   Now a days its not JUST about flat cornering.   Its about a playful feel to the chassis and Cat is just lagging behind if that is what one wants.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

Constant evolution of the sport.   When the early ZR's came out around 92-93 it was a race to see who could make the flattest cornering sled.   Nobody could match cat for a while.   Now a days its not JUST about flat cornering.   Its about a playful feel to the chassis and Cat is just lagging behind if that is what one wants.  

Flattest cornering sled I’ve owned was my old 96 Mach Z :lol: 

hard to tip a sled when the front end weighs 700 lbs and is 3” off the ground 

49 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I thought Cat had the best front end in the biz until I rode the Axys. Its still really good tho, way better than skidoo

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I thought Cat had the best front end in the biz until I rode the Axys. Its still really good tho, way better than skidoo

Agree to disagree on that.   Depends on what one wants.    Axys front end is awesome for ride quality but gives some surprising quick ski lifts at times.   More so that the other 2 IMHO.    Honestly all 3 are pretty awesome.  

Edited by Highmark