Check your account email address ×

Why the pro cross is the Best Buy

Rod

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Agree to disagree on that.   Depends on what one wants.    Axys front end is awesome for ride quality but gives some surprising quick ski lifts at times.   More so that the other 2 IMHO.    Honestly all 3 are pretty awesome.  

It can be weird with the uncoupled rear suspension. Crank up the rear spring and the front is way flatter and bites hard. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Anler said:

It can be weird with the uncoupled rear suspension. Crank up the rear spring and the front is way flatter and bites hard. 

I don't mind that trait.   I ordered the coupled 137 but will probably keep it in the most transfer setting.   

4 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

That’s not nearly enough 

It's not that long ago the 12-13 procross was in the same conversation as the fusion for worst sled released!!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not denying its a great SX chassis.   Just not always what consumers wanted.  

It's a great race chassis.  And most certainly not what most consumers want.  My XRS rode like a luxury sedan compared to my RR. But, the RR puts off more of a racing feel and combines rider, machine and terrain better.  The XRS was nice and a fantastic performer but...it just wasn't the feel of a race sled.  It felt disconnected from the trail.  Hard to explain.

28 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

The cornering of the 2020 procross is supposed to be a lot better than they were before too. Has a totally reworked front end. If it were doo it would be called a new chassis if they put different plastics on it. 

I'd have to ride that to believe it.  It's hard to imagine it getting any better, IMO.

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Well if its flatter corning yet that again will not sell with what consumers want today.  It isn't the selling factor it once was.   More and more people want a light feeling front end that feels playful.  Even on the trails.   

This is true too.  Consumers want something that is easier handling and more forgiving.  i get that 100%.  But, that means something has to be given up..and that is usually at the top end of the performance scale.  But if one doesn't ride at that level often or, at all.  It makes no difference.  "Fun" is what most want.  I think the new Poos nailed this pretty well.

If riders chose poorly based on "look at me" criteria, what they end up with is a sled they bought for it's race characteristics that they hate riding.  This is why all the "Race Replica" machines all go through their watering down phase.......all to appease these retards buying the wrong sled for how they ride.

16 minutes ago, Rapid Anus said:

People want the newest whiz bang tech even if it is garbage 

I'm not sure there's any better examples of this than in motorsports.  ESPECIALLY sleds.  

17 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

4 or 5 year warranty on a doo snowcheck? :snack: 

Arctic cat is the best at gaping their customers on repairs and parts. #1 actually. tremendous even! 

I am just glad Polaris got serious about making sleds again because they were making turds before the axys. Nothing motivates more than a good kick in the nuts sometimes. Shut those fucking frenchies up!

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Slinger May have been correct.  You just might be lowIQ.

:whistle:

:lol: dude that might be funny if you werent talking about Tom. He has forgotten more about sleds than most here will ever know. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why are you afraid to answer. I cant read your mind. This has nothing to do with my IQ. 

Hes obviously talking about the IQR because "it" won so many podiums and that's his gauge of whether a chassis was good or not :lol:

fucking idiot 

1 minute ago, awful knawful said:

How many people you see out cruising IQRs on the weekend?

Exactly:thumbsup:

Zambo says the cat race sled rides as good and fast on trail as any 800/850/turbo!!!111