Check your account email address ×

Julys record temps weren’t a record “temp data was faked”

They keep saying July was hot here but it was actually quite cool.

people mistake above average periods for heat. But it’s not. For example it was cool here, but dry. So we had no prolonged cool rainy days to lower the average. So we were above average, but actually on the cool side. 

In Alaska every single record that was broken was definitely a record.  No fake data was used here.  That is a fact.  

I think we are up to 51 days in 2019 where the previous high ever recorded on that day was exceeded.  Many times the daily record was shattered by several degrees.  I think on one day in July the record rose by 7 degrees.  

Edited by AKIQPilot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

In Alaska every single record that was broken was definitely a record.  No fake data was used here.  That is a fact.  

I think we are up to 51 days in 2019 where the previous high ever recorded on that was exceeded.  Many times the daily record was shattered by several degrees.  I think on one day in July the record rose by 7 degrees.  

Pretty jealous. They keep saying we had a record warm July but the temp records here from the 30’s were significantly warmer.  By like 14-15* Celsius 

33 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And pretty much consistently every day.  Fuck.  4th warmest on record I guess.

Yup.....so fucking brutal. 89 and humid every day. It's beautiful today. 68f a light breeze and partly sunny

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup.....so fucking brutal. 89 and humid every day. It's beautiful today. 68f a light breeze and partly sunny

Oh, this is the perfect N. MN day.  Hell, I’ve been fading in and out here after a little yard work (very little). :lol:

06BC4C50-5CC0-4174-9B60-58BDC36B0D6C.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

I think we are up to 51 days in 2019 where the previous high ever recorded on that day was exceeded.  Many times the daily record was shattered by several degrees.  I think on one day in July the record rose by 7 degrees.  

I read that the salmon took a hit in the Koyokuk River because of warm water. It's sad.

I just read this: 

Scientists have been tracking stream temperatures around the Cook Inlet, located south of Anchorage, since 2002.

They’ve never recorded a temperature above 76 degrees until now. On July 7, a major salmon stream on the west side of the Cook Inlet registered 81.7 degrees.

https://kdvr.com/2019/08/19/hot-water-in-alaska-killing-large-numbers-of-salmon/

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

It was thinking about buying a boat and may and June were a joke so I changed my mind. July was average with one hot week

Since it was cool in your backyard you may as well as discard anything regarded as sound science :thumb:

2 hours ago, Rapid Anus said:

They keep saying July was hot here but it was actually quite cool.

people mistake above average periods for heat. But it’s not. For example it was cool here, but dry. So we had no prolonged cool rainy days to lower the average. So we were above average, but actually on the cool side. 

Same here. I remember it being much warmer last year or the year prior. 

Not surprised at all the alarmists/global warming nutbars are claiming this to be the hottest July ever. They are incapable and too stupid to look up the information themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heat_waves

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I read that the salmon took a hit in the Koyokuk River because of warm water. It's sad.

I just read this: 

Since it was cool in your backyard you may as well as discard anything regarded as sound science :thumb:

Sound Science lmao 😂 

did you read the info I posted?

Edited by jtssrx

17 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pretty sure Europe had record temps this summer... 

They may have but that certainly isn't globally like the alarmists are claiming. :news:

• June 2019 European heat wave: Starting from 25 June, very hot air masses from the Sahara desert moved over Europe, leading to heat advisories in several European countries, including France, Germany and the UK. The extent and intensity of the heat wave was unusual for its earliness in the summer season.[87][88] In France, numerous cities broke the old all-time national record of 44.1 °C (111.4 °F) set in Conqueyrac in 2003.[89] The final new record was higher by 2 °C (3.6 °F).[90]
  • July 2019 European heat wave: One month later, a similar event occurred, which also broke high temperature records in cities across several northwestern European countries. All-time national heat records were broken by 3.1 °C (5.6 °F) in the Netherlands,[91][92] by 3 °C (5.4 °F) in Belgium,[93][94] by 2.9 °C (5.2 °F) in Luxembourg,[95][96] by 2.1 °C (3.8 °F) in Germany[97][98] and by 0.2 °C (0.36 °F) in the United Kingdom.[99]
Edited by irv

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I just read this: 

Yep, I read the articles on the warm water affecting the salmon returns too.  Meanwhile on the opposite side of the Cook Inlet from where those water temps were recorded is the mighty Kenai River.  The Kenai also saw record high temperatures this summer.  It also saw record numbers of salmon returns.  I don't think there is any doubt that the warmer water temps will have a big affect on future salmon runs.  The lake I live on has a big run of Sockeye Salmon.  I measured the lake temp at over 85f for a week straight.  The river flowing out of the lake was also 85f on those days.  I know salmon spawn right in front of my house.  The numbers seem to be down here as well.  

42 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pretty sure Europe had record temps this summer... 

We cooked pretty good the two weeks we were there. 85-90 almost everyday in Italy.

34 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Yep, I read the articles on the warm water affecting the salmon returns too.  Meanwhile on the opposite side of the Cook Inlet from where those water temps were recorded is the mighty Kenai River.  The Kenai also saw record high temperatures this summer.  It also saw record numbers of salmon returns.  I don't think there is any doubt that the warmer water temps will have a big affect on future salmon runs.  The lake I live on has a big run of Sockeye Salmon.  I measured the lake temp at over 85f for a week straight.  The river flowing out of the lake was also 85f on those days.  I know salmon spawn right in front of my house.  The numbers seem to be down here as well.  

85F is the temp in my cement pond in July, that's just seems unreal at your latitude.