Check your account email address ×

Workers at Shell plant told they would not get paid unless they attended Trump's speech

Workers at Shell plant told they would not get paid unless they attended Trump's speech

Workers at Shell plant told they would not get paid unless they attended Trump’s speech: report 

By Brad Reed at Rawstory 

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/workers-at-shell-plant-told-they-would-not-get-paid-unless-they-attended-trumps-speech-report/ 

In a memo to union employees obtained by the Post-Gazette, Shell informed workers that their “attendance is not mandatory,” but said that if they did not attend the rally, they would have to take a day off without getting paid. 

I love the title, designed to deceive....AGAIN.  If you show up, you get paid

The report explains that the plant has a 56-hour workweek that includes 16 hours of overtime in which workers get paid time-and-a-half. Workers who attended the president’s speech would qualify to get time-and-a-half if they worked on Friday, while workers who did not attend the speech would not, even though both groups of workers did not do work at the plant on Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

The way I read it. The speech is on their day off. If they attend they get paid. If they dont then no pay. 

The company is paying their employees to attend a political campaign stop by a candidate for the presidency. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
40 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

You should boycott them.  Start a petition, when it starts to gain momentum, let me know so I can buy stock.  :lol:

I already own some. Nothing great. Picked it up when I dumped ford.

Edited by steve from amherst

• Gold Member
52 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The company is paying their employees to attend a political campaign stop by a candidate for the presidency. 

Which is not the same thing as refusing to paying wages for not attending and that is exactly what this article tried to imply.

Even if this were true as the title suggests, how is it any different then unions using dues or pressuring to give extra to the democrat funds?

And dont tell me its BS, I worked in the trades and was a member.

• Like 1