Check your account email address ×

Alzheimer’s In Michigan..The Coming Storm

45 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

What  The fuck is wrong with you rest homes take every penny you have before the government starts to pay and that includes your home .  To bring up what teachers are paid on this subject is really really dumb. 

LOL.  I am just taking care of a narrative that was started by the left and the truth comes out in articles like this.

My mother ended up with dimentia/Alzheimer's. The last few years were a tough ride. Nursing home rates per month in the Mass/CT area are more like 10 to 12k a month not 6500. The current system is set up to clean out baby boomers of all their worldly possessions as quickly as possible so that they end up title 19 and wards of the state. If you are 60 years old and have not talked with an elderly law attorney you should.

16 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

My mother ended up with dimentia/Alzheimer's. The last few years were a tough ride. Nursing home rates per month in the Mass/CT area are more like 10 to 12k a month not 6500. The current system is set up to clean out baby boomers of all their worldly possessions as quickly as possible so that they end up title 19 and wards of the state. If you are 60 years old and have not talked with an elderly law attorney you should.

That's good advice, I'd love to hear what an elderly law attorney has to say in regards to certain situations. 

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

Your a classless asshole.

Sorry, but the classless assholes are the one writing the stories pushing the narrative.  Like the 15,000 dead article.  Those are the dicks you need to be weeding out.

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Sorry, but the classless assholes are the one writing the stories pushing the narrative.  Like the 15,000 dead article.  Those are the dicks you need to be weeding out.

It’s evident as usual you never read the story Jimmy posted yet felt the need to politicize it. Your a clown.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

You are one dumb motherfucker....nothing else needs to be said.

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

So what's the answer or solution?  :pc:

I don’t know...I was simply posting an article about an issue that more than likely has touched many here and how as boomers age it’s going to get worse. Why does everything here have to have an angle or political spin? 

I've heard it said that the state can take your money and home for nursing care, and I don't dispute that. 

However, I have never known ANYBODY who got their home taken by the state for nursing care. 

DO YOU GUYS ACTUALLY KNOW ANYBODY WHO'S HOME WAS TAKEN AND AUCTIONED BY THE STATE FOR NURSING HOME COSTS?????? 

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I don’t know...I was simply posting an article about an issue that more than likely has touched many here and how as boomers age it’s going to get worse. Why does everything here have to have an angle or political spin? 

I agree its an issue and there is nothing wrong with discussing actual solutions.  

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I've heard it said that the state can take your money and home for nursing care, and I don't dispute that. 

However, I have never known ANYBODY who got their home taken by the state for nursing care. 

DO YOU GUYS ACTUALLY KNOW ANYBODY WHO'S HOME WAS TAKEN AND AUCTIONED BY THE STATE FOR NURSING HOME COSTS?????? 

I have heard that from medical surgeries etc although they can't do shit until after your dead.  

Glad we don't hear those stories in Nookville.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I have heard that from medical surgeries etc although they can't do shit until after your dead.  

Glad we don't hear those stories in Nookville.

Yeah, I just never knew anybody that actually lost their house. I'm thinking that anybody that had a good house, probably had some kind of insurance, savings, family help, etc. 

I'm willing to bet that the only people that ACTUALLY lost their homes, the houses were dumps. 

14 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

It’s evident as usual you never read the story Jimmy posted yet felt the need to politicize it. Your a clown.

LOL, I read the whole thing and I was able to use some detail points, I also said to start investing in some nursing homes...ie build more, if you know your are going to need them. 

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree its an issue and there is nothing wrong with discussing actual solutions.  

the only real solution (outside a cure) is IMO assisted suicide but the issue there is how are you sure of their intent.  It's why IMO people should be able to give specific medical POA's for that before any disease gets too bad.  For example I know what my parents want as we have dsicussed it but theres no real mechanism to execute their wishes.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the only real solution (outside a cure) is IMO assisted suicide but the issue there is how are you sure of their intent.  It's why IMO people should be able to give specific medical POA's for that before any disease gets too bad.  For example I know what my parents want as we have dsicussed it but theres no real mechanism to execute their wishes.  

Until that time actually comes . . .

49 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Mass execution of all boomers

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Nailed it.