Check your account email address ×

Another daughter car thread

4 hours ago, Edmo said:

I just gave the boy my old ride and got a new one. At least I know it's dependable. The daughter will get mom's car in 2 years, then mom will get a new one. I tried to plan it out this way and it's worked out ok so far...

Both kids have a full schedule with advanced classes, homework, and are seriously into sports so getting a job and saving up like I did isn't going to work for them.

What did you end up getting? 

4 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

My daughter goes to school in another town and I'm not going to put her in some clapped out piece of crap.

Honestly dont get either. Waaaay too many miles for those prices. Fuck that. Id rather find a good Maxima/Accord/Camry with lower miles. My 2003 Maxima only has 130k on it bought it new and could get that for 1/2 of what they are asking $$ and its going to be 100x more reliable.Used cars with higher miles id buy a Jap :true:

Ive heard some of those fords have been reliable but at that high mileage all wear parts are going to need attention.

Edited by Wildcat

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Wildcat said:

Honestly dont get either. Waaaay too many miles for that prices. Fuck that. Id rather find a good Maxima/Accord/Camry with lower miles. My 2003 Maxima only has 130k on it bought it new and could get that for 1/2 of what they are asking $$ and its going to be 100x more reliable.Used cars with higher miles id buy a Jap :true:

Ive heard some of those fords have been reliable but at that high mileage all wear parts are going to need attention.

I hear ya there.....I need to quit worrying about she wants and get her what she needs.

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

I hear ya there.....I need to quit worrying about she wants and get her what she needs.

Yup and there are many good looking reliable cars.. problem is teenagers want a "2012" or whatever but they dont get a lower mileage better make car of any kind is way better. All cars i mentioned have plenty of pow especially a 3.5 maxima or v6 accord. both reliable great motors. I also have a 4th gen maxima with 170k 5 speed still fast as shit and great on gas. older Acura TL or TSX would be a good choice too

2 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

What did you end up getting? 

Toyota Sequoia. Been driving chevys and fords my whole life. Time for something different. 

You pick up that new sled yet?

IMG_1016.PNG

Edited by Edmo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Toyota Sequoia. Been driving chevys and fords my whole life. Time for something different. 

You pick up that new sled yet?

IMG_1016.PNG

:flush:  your dad is spinning in his grave. And I am just sitting here shaking my head. 

Picking it up tomorrow morning at 9

7 hours ago, dz246 said:

Soccer mom machine.... :news:

Yep. "Dad, can you pick up me and 6 of my friends" :lol: 

7 hours ago, SVT Renegade XRS said:

:flush:  your dad is spinning in his grave. And I am just sitting here shaking my head. 

Picking it up tomorrow morning at 9

It's 80% American content and assembled in Indiana. I'm good with that.

Sweet!