Check your account email address ×

The Biggest Loser

It's amazing how this imbecile squandered Fred's money and then fucked over small businesses owners with his multiple bankruptcies, he is a man who cheated on his wife, family, and country, yet he is god like to many here, so sad.

New York Times: Tax documents show Trump businesses lost more than $1 billion in a decade

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's businesses reported losses of $1.17 billion from 1985 to 1994, The New York Times reported Tuesday, citing information from tax documents from those years.

It appears Trump lost more money than nearly any other individual US taxpayer year after year, the Times reports, according to the 10 years of tax information the newspaper acquired.

Trump ran for president branding himself as a self-made billionaire, touting his financial success, but he has been steadfast in his refusal to release his tax returns to the public, despite mounting pressure from Congress. On Monday, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin formally denied a request from the House Ways and Means Committee for Trump's last six years of tax returns, a period not covered by the documents reported by The Times on Tuesday.

In 1990 and 1991, Trump's core business losses were more than $250 million each year -- more than double those of the closest taxpayers in those years, the Times reports.

Trump lost so much money that he avoided paying income taxes for eight of the 10 years, according to the newspaper.

The Times previously reported that Trump helped "his parents dodge taxes" in the 1990s, including "instances of outright fraud," and that he and his siblings helped his parents hide millions of dollars in gifts in a "sham corporation."

Trump, starting at the age of 3, received at least $413 million in today's dollars from his father's real estate empire, the Times previously reported.

The Times did not obtain Trump's tax returns, but someone who had legal access to the returns gave the newspaper information about their contents. The Times then matched the information to figures in the public database of IRS information on top earners, where identifying details are removed. The Times used other public documents to confirm significant findings, and used confidential Trump family tax and financial records the newspaper had previously acquired.

Trump on Wednesday morning defended his actions, tweeting that developers during that time "were entitled to massive write offs and depreciation which would, if one was actively building, show losses and tax losses in almost all cases." He also said it was advantageous to "show losses for tax purposes" in order to renegotiate with banks and called the Times' report a "highly inaccurate Fake News hit job," though he didn't specifically cite anything incorrect about the story.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/07/politics/trump-tax-returns-losses/index.html

• Platinum Contributing Member

Cheated on his family ‘eh.....do you say the same thing about Billy Boy? 

Why is it your business what goes on within his family?

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It is interesting what hate will do to you. I could care less who Billy or Donny poked. 

• Like 1

1985 to 1994...Then specifically call out 90 and 91...no mention of contributing factors that the S&L crisis impacted Real Estate (Trump business) and then a recession in 90 and 91.  I'm sure lots of business saw losses or bankruptcies. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's amazing how this imbecile squandered Fred's money and then fucked over small businesses owners with his multiple bankruptcies, he is a man who cheated on his wife, family, and country, yet he is god like to many here, so sad.

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

No shit, not to mention, we should make Clinton pay back the 70 million it cost for his perjury trial. :news:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s a lot of money trump has lost. Wow. Most likely a template of what’s to come for all. High debt, big borrowing, living large, and then boom. 

i fell for his boasts when i was in HS,  can't believe people sill put him on a pedestal.  His father should have let him really fail a few times instead of bailing his ass out and maybe he'd have a bit of humility.  

Another reason everyone knows wince has no clue about business. You can’t tell profit from tax returns. You have to look at his review engagements. Wince is clueless 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

That’s a lot of money trump has lost. Wow. Most likely a template of what’s to come for all. High debt, big borrowing, living large, and then boom. 

In't that the way most now a days are living?  Granted on much different scales but all in all, many have the same bad habits.

44 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i fell for his boasts when i was in HS,  can't believe people sill put him on a pedestal.  His father should have let him really fail a few times instead of bailing his ass out and maybe he'd have a bit of humility.  

what?  :lol:

holy fricken gullible batman.... one never shall fall for a NYC businessman's schtick. :lol:

we're gonna need some clarification on this one.....:read:

1 hour ago, hayward said:

In't that the way most now a days are living?  Granted on much different scales but all in all, many have the same bad habits.

I see guys my age with little or nothing for retirement. Poor planning and living beyond their means. Having a lot of shit never equates to happiness. Off course living hand to mouth doesn’t bring happiness either. It’s best to strike a nice balance. Seriously, how much shit does a guy require for validation? 

38 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I see guys my age with little or nothing for retirement. Poor planning and living beyond their means. Having a lot of shit never equates to happiness. Off course living hand to mouth doesn’t bring happiness either. It’s best to strike a nice balance. Seriously, how much shit does a guy require for validation? 

Most successful people don't have an off switch.

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Good thing you have hours to spend on here. 

Says the guy who spends so much time here he needs two screen names!  :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Kivalo said:

AFJ would probably disagree

You don’t even know him.

Right now I’m the shiny object with slinger MIA. Kind of ridiculous how they chase me around here. 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

You don’t even know him.

Right now I’m the shiny object with slinger MIA. Kind of ridiculous how they chase me around here. 

Slinger isn't mia any longer and you love the attention and everyone knows it. Half the time you make some stupid statement hoping to be edgy so you can watch the circus. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Slinger isn't mia any longer and you love the attention and everyone knows it. Half the time you make some stupid statement hoping to be edgy so you can watch the circus. 

Welcome to the trapeze.