Check your account email address ×

Federal deficit grew 38 percent in first 7 months of fiscal year: CBO

and it will continue to get worse yr after yr 

Outlays for net interest on the public debt increased by $27 billion (or 13 percent) because interest rates on short-term debt are substantially higher now than they were during the same period in 2018 and because the amount of federal debt is larger than it was a year ago," the CBO said in its report.

6 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

and again I will say I am 100% behind cutting every department by 25% then start making the real cuts  as needed .

And for every one you cut, the same people will cry about it.  We all know where the cuts need to be made.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

And for every one you cut, the same people will cry about it.  We all know where the cuts need to be made.

well a good round of spending cuts has something in it to piss of everyone. But that don't buy votes, with your money.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Do tell :news:

Nope!  lolz

Just now, steve from amherst said:

well a good round of spending cuts has something in it to piss of everyone. But that don't buy votes, with your money.

Agreed.  But, voters wouldn't mind so much if the cuts are across the board.  Well...partisan hacks would but...meh..who cares about them.  They gotta cry about something.

$46,000 per year.    

What is that you might ask?

The amount of money our Fed govt already collects per family of 4 in taxes.   Revenue is not the problem.  

Unless your family pays this much.....STFU.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mainecat said:

The Democrats are the Conservative party nowadays 

:lmao:Yeah wanting to grow the fed budget by $3.5 trillion is conservative. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The Democrats are the Conservative party nowadays 

Really. Which dem candidate is talking about cuts? All I see is yuge entitlement programs.

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

yes,across the board . 

you know fairness and all .

any other way woukd some how be raicest or homophobia or sexist or somthing along those lines 

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why if all politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don’t propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don’t have Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don’t write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don’t set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don’t control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices — 545 human beings out of 235 million — are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excused the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered by private central bank.

I exclude all of the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing. I don’t care if they offer a politician $1 million in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it.

No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislators’ responsibility to determine how he votes.

Don’t you see the con game that is played on the people by the politicians? Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall. No normal human being would have the gall of Tip O’Neill, who stood up and criticized Ronald Reagan for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it. The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating appropriations and taxes.

Those 545 people and they alone are responsible. They and they alone should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses — provided they have the gumption to manage their own employees.

31 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

And just like that Democrats  suddenly care about deficits  and Republicans  don't. 

And round and round we go!

On 5/7/2019 at 11:09 PM, Ez ryder said:

and again I will say I am 100% behind cutting every department by 25% then start making the real cuts  as needed .

If you voted for Trump thinking that would happen, you got fucked. 

If you got into this kind of debt during a recession, there may be an excuse. It you do it during good times then what will happen if there is a recession or the Donald starts a war?

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

If you voted for Trump thinking that would happen, you got fucked. 

If you got into this kind of debt during a recession, there may be an excuse. It you do it during good times then what will happen if there is a recession or the Donald starts a war?

I had zero question that the Donald would spend . he was a,Democrat for most of his,life after all.  and again if he even just stoped the automatic increases every cunt on this thread crying about the spending would be 3x as fake outraged about the cuts that are not really cuts . guaranteed. 

btw house controls the purse what ar3 your predictions how they will do this yr on controlled spending lmfao 

25 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I had zero question that the Donald would spend . he was a,Democrat for most of his,life after all.  and again if he even just stoped the automatic increases every cunt on this thread crying about the spending would be 3x as fake outraged about the cuts that are not really cuts . guaranteed. 

btw house controls the purse what ar3 your predictions how they will do this yr on controlled spending lmfao 

They stopped Donald from wasting more money on the wall. That’s a start.