Check your account email address ×

Oh Damn!

Anler

13 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

I,ve got a good buddy that owns both, he prefers the Sidewinder, and says the 900 turbo is twitchy and not as planted on the front end. He previously had an 850 doo, and found that twitchy at high speeds, and got rid of it after owning it for only 2 weeks. They were kinda scarce, so he sold it for more than he paid for it.

He said it has some punch down low, but lacks power once you get to around 70 mph, and squeeze it, you,re kinda waiting for something to happen, and it ain,t happening.

The Sidewinder has it all, from trail speeds, to top end, and all the way thru, no matter when you squeeze it, it,s there, and happy to give you all the power you may want. Too much, is never enough.

I cann,t imagine going to a lower  powered sled, and from what I see on Totally Yamaha, very few guys that own Sidewinders or Thundercats say the same thing. Kinda like the good kinda crack, once you,ve had it, hard to give it up.

The chassis is dated and lacking

• Haha 2

On 2/23/2019 at 5:40 PM, Anler said:

I tried to trade mine in on a xcr switchback but they didn't want to give me anything either. They really don't want the trades. 

You should probly look into the Linq snowshoes along with the whiteout tech adaptor plates to put them on Polaris . :bc:

16 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

You should probly look into the Linq snowshoes along with the whiteout tech adaptor plates to put them on Polaris . :bc:

Up north technologies can gay up any sled to use with skidoo accessories.

22 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

No need I carry the tow rope for my Arctic cat friends. Cuz I'm a nice guy. :bc:

12 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

At first I thought this was just funny...and still do but, they probably do make Linq snowshoes.  They fit next to those fucking adjustable carbide knobs.

:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, s pump said:

146 is the new Jesus length. Almost a Mt. sled but trailable.

It seems to be that way...Jesus has a new name and it's a Riot!! I've seen a few nice used Freeride 146's  for sale but they have that damn T Motion in them. 

On 2/23/2019 at 4:09 PM, Anler said:

BuRP ad dollars at work.

Mark, please… are you serious? How can you pick the new, unproven, underpowered-in-comparison Doo Turbo as the best trail 4-stroke in the presence of 180 claimed, 200 actual, horsepower from the Yamaha SRX and the Cat Limited iACT? 

This choice only underscores your ineptitude (I think that's a real word) when it comes to making these critical kinds of choices. Both the Yamaha and Cat are proven entities and now offer an incredible uptick: Rider adjustable, electronically-controlled suspension! 

Mark, this is real advancement in our industry. Not just ultimate power, but now, ultimate power combined with ultimate ride. These two turbos are the fulfillment of every trail rider’s dream. Simply stated: it doesn't get any better than this. 

You need to take your eyes of the glitter of a new sled and look at the real steak of this business. Fastest still rules. 

You can run these two sleds down the lake a hundred times and still not know which one is fastest. The 150-hp Ski-Doo Enduro? Check your rear-view mirror; it's that little dot in the bottom corner.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, Anler said:

Honestly for trail power I just can't see needing more than 200hp. That has to put so much stress on the chassis and components. 

My last Turbo was 190 hp, the torque works you out.

On 2/24/2019 at 10:19 AM, Anler said:

That poo axys is strong as fuck and light. It's so simple it's brilliant. I put a can and a lithium battery on mine and took 22lbs off the front end. It's so easy to pick up now it's crazy. 

You should put that stock can back on for Canada, it's not only a fine for a non OEM can they will also have you park your sled.

47 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

It seems to be that way...Jesus has a new name and it's a Riot!! I've seen a few nice used Freeride 146's  for sale but they have that damn T Motion in them. 

Backcountry 146 with C motion is the cats meow for an all around sled.  

• Like 1

On 2/24/2019 at 3:49 PM, Frostynuts said:

I,ve got a good buddy that owns both, he prefers the Sidewinder, and says the 900 turbo is twitchy and not as planted on the front end. He previously had an 850 doo, and found that twitchy at high speeds, and got rid of it after owning it for only 2 weeks. They were kinda scarce, so he sold it for more than he paid for it.

He said it has some punch down low, but lacks power once you get to around 70 mph, and squeeze it, you,re kinda waiting for something to happen, and it ain,t happening.

The Sidewinder has it all, from trail speeds, to top end, and all the way thru, no matter when you squeeze it, it,s there, and happy to give you all the power you may want. Too much, is never enough.

I cann,t imagine going to a lower  powered sled, and from what I see on Totally Yamaha, very few guys that own Sidewinders or Thundercats say the same thing. Kinda like the good kinda crack, once you,ve had it, hard to give it up.

So the sidewinder is more powerful from bottom to top?...no way!!! :lol: 

The 900T is outselling the Winder because it’s lighter, handles better, rides better, the ergos are better, and it’s not an arctic cat.

Edited by rump-rider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Backcountry 146 with C motion is the cats meow for an all around sled.  

C Motion....hmmm...I'll have to check that out.

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Fast sled too

Nice.

1 hour ago, CheezusXR8 said:

Point was if he could get a deal on a 146”, the t-motion isn’t all that bad. Especially when he’ll probably ride it once and sell it for the next deal. 

Maybe once.....

2 hours ago, rump-rider said:

So the sidewinder is more powerful from bottom to top?...no way!!! :lol: 

The 900T is outselling the Winder because it’s lighter, handles better, rides better, the ergos are better, and it’s not an arctic cat.

I’d agree.  I’d add it’s really refined, and the price point is several grand cheaper.  I hope Yamahas influence is helping to build more durable longer lasting sleds, because up to my 12 cat turbo, they did not stay together very well at all.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’d agree.  I’d add it’s really refined, and the price point is several grand cheaper.  I hope Yamahas influence is helping to build more durable longer lasting sleds, because up to my 12 cat turbo, they did not stay together very well at all.

Whoa now @Frostynuts will have something to say about that.:lol: