Check your account email address ×

Yay winter!

43 minutes ago, Anler said:

MIDSNOW0102.jpg

I’m in the medium blue in the first pic!!!!

Got 4 Monday and 4 today. Not great but rideable. If all goes well we’ll do a big loop tomorrow. Friday is 38 and Saturday 40. :flush: 

037318AE-A7EB-4323-8509-C519A6FB5799.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Got 4 Monday and 4 today. Not great but rideable. If all goes well we’ll do a big loop tomorrow. Friday is 38 and Saturday 40. :flush: 

Better than nothing. :bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 hours ago, Edmo said:

Nice...I hope it last through this next warm up. I have some friends going up to Mio this weekend

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Interested to hear your report on the 900 T.  I really like the sled.   

Yeah, I am looking forward to putting some miles on it. I know it’s not off trailer, which is where I’ve been spending a lot of my time the last few years. But I’ve wanted to get back into saddlebagging and doing big loops, and this sled should be good for that. What struck me most about the non-turbo version is how effortless the power is, it never feels like the motor is working hard. The sledshould be much like that and more.  All that said, I’m still pretty bummed out about my Polaris. I really loved that sled And had it dialed in just the way I like it. But nfw am I going to expose myself to potential $5000 engine repairs. As such, I don’t know that I would ever own one out of warranty again.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah, I am looking forward to putting some miles on it. I know it’s not off trailer, which is where I’ve been spending a lot of my time the last few years. But I’ve wanted to get back into saddlebagging and doing big loops, and this sled should be good for that. What struck me most about the non-turbo version is how effortless the power is, it never feels like the motor is working hard. The sledshould be much like that and more.  All that said, I’m still pretty bummed out about my Polaris. I really loved that sled And had it dialed in just the way I like it. But nfw am I going to expose myself to potential $5000 engine repairs. As such, I don’t know that I would ever own one out of warranty again.

I hear you on the poo.  I like my poo but it's mostly the close dealer support.  Pretty much a 15 minute sled ride or 5 minute truck ride from camp and goes above and beyond when needed.    I also liked the 900 despite what RR may think :lol: the turbo new at least is out of my price range around 18k cad so may wait and find a used one in a year or two :bc: 

Just now, Kev144 said:

I hear you on the poo.  I like my poo but it's mostly the close dealer support.  Pretty much a 15 minute sled ride or 5 minute truck ride from camp and goes above and beyond when needed.    I also liked the 900 despite what RR may think :lol: the turbo new at least is out of my price range around 18k cad so may wait and find a used one in a year or two :bc: 

Ride A A Rons...he'll never use it.

:lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

He’s never ridden one, so his opinion means jack.  I put 265 miles on Silverbacks Expedition 900 a few seasons back, and couldn’t believe the pace you could carry on that big behemoth.  Then I rode Perms Renegade last year, same story and even easier to throw around.  That motor is a honey.   Same story on dealer support, he’s only 2 miles down the same road from our camp. He is well-stocked carries all for brands, and man oh man does he take care of us.  I told him that I would rather just buy a new sled and fiddle fart around with a high dollar repair that may take over a month to get to, and he had it out of the crate put together within two days. A couple weeks ago he told me he was three weeks out plus on deliveries and repairs for everybody.12,700 American box is what I paid for this new renegade adrenaline.  :bc: 

Edited by DriftBusta

Just now, DriftBusta said:

He’s never ridden one, so his opinion means jack.  I put 265 miles on Silverbacks Expedition 900 a few seasons back, and couldn’t believe t

Yeah my buddy has a 900 blizzard (129) and I like it.  Pretty much has to be in sport mode but it's a nice sled for what it is.   People hate on the yellow/orange turbo but I kinda like it. 

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Yeah my buddy has a 900 blizzard (129) and I like it.  Pretty much has to be in sport mode but it's a nice sled for what it is.   People hate on the yellow/orange turbo but I kinda like it. 

If you look at the Dyno chart and compare it to the 850, it comes on way earlier and way stronger, gives up a little bit around 7500, but then has a much better over rev performance.  Silverbacks is claiming about 103-105 on gps bone stock.  That works for me.

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

If you look at the Dyno chart and compare it to the 850, it comes on way earlier and way stronger, gives up a little bit around 7500, but then has a much better over rev performance.  Silverbacks is claiming about 103-105 on gps bone stock.  That works for me.

I honestly could care less for top end.  Where we ride it's alot of bush so the corner to corner is a bigger factor :bc: 

29 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

hard to justify owning any of them out of warranty.  I sold the 12 once it was out and this would have been last season on maryann regardless as that ones expiring.  

4 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I honestly could care less for top end.  Where we ride it's alot of bush so the corner to corner is a bigger factor :bc: 

As long as it gets through the unplowed logging roads OK I’ll be fine  :bc: