Check your account email address ×

Doo 850 really detuned?

Rod

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

You got the grip and rip clutch alignment tool already?  Then no need to ask me what to do about clutch heat. 

How much preload did you dial in the the alignment?

no I asked what your buddy did .

mostly out of curiosity 

I could get the 50thow side of the spacer stick  in between but had to really work it so guessing close to 60tho off .from factory 

that was with the spring cranked down to around 3/4  .

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Dude. The glue is bad ass. Not going to release from a little jumping. 

Maybe we should round up slinger toolkit and mc and glue them to Trump with it!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

no I asked what your buddy did .

mostly out of curiosity 

I could get the 50thow side of the spacer stick  in between but had to really work it so guessing close to 60tho off .from factory 

that was with the spring cranked down to around 3/4  .

If you followed the grip and rip instructions and got it within spec at 3/4” of preload you are golden. 

Every G4 ive seen is way off. 

12 minutes ago, Anler said:

Good thing about skidoo is you don't have to work on them as much as you do a cat. :lol:

I noticed one of my y pipe bolts was missing. Same thing happened on my other etec. Got the nord lock washers ready to go!

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

If you followed the grip and rip instructions and got it within spec at 3/4” of preload you are golden. 

Every G4 ive seen is way off. 

yeah it is good now . I am not the tedious micro deal guy for this kind of shit . but my bud who lives for that shit was helping me and I know it was driving him crazy that we could not get it nuts on . I am sure he is still thinking about it st night lol. but he is a drag race guy who lives for 10 of a second shit 

• Like 1

On my old sled I would put a ratchet strap around the clutches and crank it up. I would set the torque stop and get alignment pretty much perfect.

Could probably do it on the 850 but I think matching the load deflection with the load spring is the ticket for accuracy. 

2 hours ago, Roosting said:

So the pre-load clutch tool is the ticket for 850 belt life?

I have an 850 never blew a belt yet but it does get a hot belt, just a matter of time before it blows.

watched the video everything makes sense to me. 

Mountain sleds with 3" lugs put a huge load on the drivetrain.  The grip and rip preload tool does a fantastic job of aligning the clutches and reducing heat in both the primary and secondary.  There are many days where we burn through 10 gallons of fuel in just 40 miles.  You are pinned almost the entire day, trackspeed rarely exceeds 40MPH.  The clutches still get hot on those days.  Many guys run a Blow Hole clutch cooler for that extra cooling on the really bad days.  A non mountain sled would not need the Blow Hole if the clutches are aligned, IMO.