Check your account email address ×

Doo 850 really detuned?

Rod

22 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

just out of curiosity how dose the butt hole of Polaris taste I assume a bit bitter but you obviously get use to it 

Its like a 9v battery.

I'm not saying it's the best ever all I'm doing is giving it a chance. It is by far the best chassis I have rode. The motor I need 1k miles before I say it's the greatest. Difference is I'm not determined for it to fail like some on here, some guys just don't have the nut to try new things so they'll stick to wearing out keyboards long before any sled. 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah Barney and the crossfire’s were 160-165 hp. Clutching on those were quite good with exceptional belt life. 

Yeah well barney weighs 900 lbs so its a pretty rigid chassis and no on the hp. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Yeah well barney weighs 900 lbs so its a pretty rigid chassis and no on the hp. 

They had 165+ hp since the 1000 in 07 lol

the 2010 800ho was 160+

The 2010-2011 800 Barney was a great trail sled. Just hideous 

They had 165+ hp since the 1000 in 07 lol

the 2010 800ho was 160+

The 2010-2011 800 Barney was a great trail sled. Just hideous 

The 1000 sure. The 800 not even close. I googled, faggot

The 2009 Arctic Cat Crossfire R comes in your choice of a throttle-body EFI 800cc two-stroke with about 145 HP, or the stunning 1000cc throttle-body EFI with 170+ HP for insane top speed and acceleration. 

https://www.snowtechmagazine.com/2009-arctic-cat-crossfire-r/

159.7 in the crossfire and the Barney made 2-3 hp more because of a better pipe 

http://www.dynotechresearch.com/file_upload/page_files/dtrxf800pipeshootout.pdf 

Yeah well DTR says every body makes a 160+hp 800... Well almost everybody. Cat only makes 159! :lol: 

Just now, Anler said:

Yeah well DTR says every body makes a 160+hp 800... Well almost everybody. Cat only makes 159! :lol: 

F8 made 163

most 800’s made less after that. Polaris was way less. Just compare numbers from dynotech

i think the new 850 makes a touch more power but I doubt it’s as fast as the old CFR. That was just an efficient chassis. 

The 800ho Suzuki mill was reliable as hell too

12 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Its like a 9v battery.

I'm not saying it's the best ever all I'm doing is giving it a chance. It is by far the best chassis I have rode. The motor I need 1k miles before I say it's the greatest. Difference is I'm not determined for it to fail like some on here, some guys just don't have the nut to try new things so they'll stick to wearing out keyboards long before any sled. 

The chassis is really great. Obviously none of us can really comment on the new engine. But i cant tell you how many people told me my 2012 etec was gonna blow up in the last 7 years. its still running smooth btw with over 7000 miles on it.  :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

F8 made 163

most 800’s made less after that. Polaris was way less. Just compare numbers from dynotech

i think the new 850 makes a touch more power but I doubt it’s as fast as the old CFR. That was just an efficient chassis. 

The 800ho Suzuki mill was reliable as hell too

The cat 800 has always been a 140ish hp engine. I think the new ctec is like 151hp. Probably easier to mod a cat 800 than an etec tho so im sure they can be made quite stout. 

Just now, DAVE said:

Let see the vid of your 130hp 1200 beating your 159hp cfr 800..

:lol:

There is one of Ben's beating Bussmans 2012 800. Apparently they lost alot of hp over the years.  :lol: