Check your account email address ×

Doo 850 really detuned?

Rod

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Supposedly companies are finding 10 hp or so with a pipe and it has lower port timing than most doo twins have been. Maybe they have already set themselves up for an 850 HO?

I dont like to second guess the engineers on this stuff. When you start messing with the timing and fuel map you are upping the risk factor. These sleds are alot of money to be blowing them up on purpose. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I dont like to second guess the engineers on this stuff. When you start messing with the timing and fuel map you are upping the risk factor. These sleds are alot of money to be blowing them up on purpose. 

Spoken like a total noob

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

That wasn’t the point tho

3 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Supposedly companies are finding 10 hp or so with a pipe and it has lower port timing than most doo twins have been. Maybe they have already set themselves up for an 850 HO?

No surprise that after the magic dyno-o-meter numbers for brochures and "real world" races to appease the idiots.....these sleds get remapped so they don't blow their tops.  I personally don't think there is an 800 class sled pushing more than 160 out of the box.  I'd  bet low to mid 150 is the norm.  That included the new 850 "hypersled classes".  LOL.

Just now, Zambroski said:

No surprise that after the magic dyno-o-meter numbers for brochures and "real world" races to appease the idiots.....these sleds get remapped so they don't blow their tops.  I personally don't think there is an 800 class sled pushing more than 160 out of the box.  I'd  bet low to mid 150 is the norm.  That included the new 850 "hypersled classes".  LOL.

Yeah supposedly the 800 etec lost close to 10 hp through the years. 

Highest true hp 800 prob the CFR 800 

Doo had the 800 etec listed as a "164 hp".  Underground (non published) testing had it consistently in the mid 150's.  I saw one that was 149.  :dunno:   I don't really too much though.  I've heard sleds with melted mils aren't very fast.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Anler said:

guys have been running the jaws full pipe can and y both high and low elevation with no controler for 2 full seasons with no reported isues.  you sure,shit know,if guys were blowing with this set up the forums would be filled with reports .

oh and that statement shows you really are a doo guy to the core .

Edited by Ez ryder

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Doo had the 800 etec listed as a "164 hp".  Underground (non published) testing had it consistently in the mid 150's.  I saw one that was 149.  :dunno:   I don't really too much though.  I've heard sleds with melted mils aren't very fast.

The mid season release was around 163 ish at dynotech then by 2012 was about 152 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

guys have been running the jaws full pipe can and y both high and low elevation with no controler for 2 full seasons with no reported isues.  you sure,shit know,if guys were blowing with this set up the forums would be filled with reports .

Been over to HCS lately?  i haven't done a lot of backreading but, it appears Poo fucking the POOch again.  They've got all kinds of issues.  And issues past the dealers having to tear out the motor and replace some valve gasket the factory fucked up before delivery.  So...YUH...that's what I want.  A $13k sled that needed major 're-engineering" done by the 20 year olds that can't figure out how to put the shock on the correct way.  I'd walk away from my deposit in a heartbeat.  What a bunch of BS.

• Haha 1

Been over to HCS lately?  i haven't done a lot of backreading but, it appears Poo fucking the POOch again.  They've got all kinds of issues.  And issues past the dealers having to tear out the motor and replace some valve gasket the factory fucked up before delivery.  So...YUH...that's what I want.  A $13k sled that needed major 're-engineering" done by the 20 year olds that can't figure out how to put the shock on the correct way.  I'd walk away from my deposit in a heartbeat.  What a bunch of BS.

Polaris with a bad first year motor lol who woulda thought 

• Haha 1

Polaris with a bad first year motor lol who woulda thought 

Yeah...it's weird!  :lol:

Still...it hurts us all.  I don't have the "skinny" on what's all going on but, it's a few major and minor issues.  My buddy just got his 850 two weeks ago.  Went to go start it and NOTHING!  He's mechanically inclined too and couldn't figure out what the fuck?!?!?!?  Warranty claim before it even hit snow.  Local shop is full of Poos right now.  It's just fucking stupid as fuck!!!!  If low snow years weren't enough....the OEM's can't wait to commit suicide on their own!

I have seen the reports.  

not many poping on snowest . usually wide spred issues show there head there first for obvious reasons .

that said it is the reason I did not buy a alpha or a poo 850 this yr I quit being a paying test piolet for first yr junk yrs ago . 

Yeah...it's weird!  :lol:

Still...it hurts us all.  I don't have the "skinny" on what's all going on but, it's a few major and minor issues.  My buddy just got his 850 two weeks ago.  Went to go start it and NOTHING!  He's mechanically inclined too and couldn't figure out what the fuck?!?!?!?  Warranty claim before it even hit snow.  Local shop is full of Poos right now.  It's just fucking stupid as fuck!!!!  If low snow years weren't enough....the OEM's can't wait to commit suicide on their own!

Why can’t polaris get their shit together :lol: 

after the last 15 years you’d think they’d be paying particular attention to their engine program 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I have seen the reports.  

not many poping on snowest . usually wide spred issues show there head there first for obvious reasons .

that said it is the reason I did not buy a alpha or a poo 850 this yr I quit being a paying test piolet for first yr junk yrs ago . 

Yeah after my 08 xp junk I quit too

Just now, Ez ryder said:

I have seen the reports.  

I've seen a few blips on the Alpa skid being busted up.  Pretty sure that was a rider hitting something on one and clearly low snow eating into the slide on another.  Seem solid so far.  Looks like clutching is good and the mil is always good.  

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Why can’t polaris get their shit together :lol: 

after the last 15 years you’d think they’d be paying particular attention to their engine program 

Undersize pistons are good.  That slapping you hear is MO POWA!!!!

11 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

actually the stock f made more power for some reason only like 2hp but still. the sharper bend in the pipe poss?

4 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Theyve had 1st year motors every yr mostly since 05.

think it has been a lot longer than that . i had a ultra thst made on less than 3 mi off the trailer . and the week pto bearing in the new liberty started in like 02 or 03 

Edited by Ez ryder

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

actually the stock f made more power for some reason only like 2hp but still. the sharper bend in the pipe poss?

Maybe it was? The f800ho was an under rated machine