Check your account email address ×

Doo 850 really detuned?

Rod

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

think it has been a lot longer than that . i had a ultra thst made on less than 3 mi off the trailer . and the week pto bearing in the new liberty started in like 02 or 03 

My rxl was never right either...last polaris sled I owned.

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...it's weird!  :lol:

Still...it hurts us all.  I don't have the "skinny" on what's all going on but, it's a few major and minor issues.  My buddy just got his 850 two weeks ago.  Went to go start it and NOTHING!  He's mechanically inclined too and couldn't figure out what the fuck?!?!?!?  Warranty claim before it even hit snow.  Local shop is full of Poos right now.  It's just fucking stupid as fuck!!!!  If low snow years weren't enough....the OEM's can't wait to commit suicide on their own!

Lots are loading up on fuel and getting major flooding in the crank. If you're buddy is too dumb to not read the manual or know how to clear the fuel he should just quit the sport. They aren't doing a warranty claim for that and maybe they should have gave a lesson on warming up a sled.

Thousands are on snow with zero issues including the 5 in our crew with over 1500 miles combined now. 

But let the rumour mill run madcatter. 

Just now, Reevester said:

Lots are loading up on fuel and getting major flooding in the crank. If you're buddy is too dumb to not read the manual or know how to clear the fuel he should just quit the sport. They aren't doing a warranty claim for that and maybe they should have gave a lesson on warming up a sled.

Thousands are on snow with zero issues including the 5 in our crew with over 1500 miles combined now. 

But let the rumour mill run madcatter. 

Excellent!  POO MANUAL: Extra and additional procedures for starting sled  -first....mount sled from left side with only one knee on the seat, 2nd..pray.  3rd....wish you bought a better sled. 

Why the fuck is it loading up on fuel and flooding the crank?  Also..not sure that's what it was.  I didn't follow up with him about it.  Poo guys get sensitive about their sleds.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
37 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Supposedly companies are finding 10 hp or so with a pipe and it has lower port timing than most doo twins have been. Maybe they have already set themselves up for an 850 HO?

Lower port timing keeps the revs down on the bigger bore twin motor. I wonder how the  exhaust and transfer timing compares to the 1000 twin? Not a bad thing for reliability but surprised they missed the boat on pipe design though. Sounds like mid to late 90's pipe designs where you'd pick up 10 hp from pipes :lol: 

24 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

The mid season release was around 163 ish at dynotech then by 2012 was about 152 

My 2010.5 Etec 800 feels pretty fast  :news:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Excellent!  POO MANUAL: Extra and additional procedures for starting sled  -first....mount sled from left side with only one knee on the seat, 2nd..pray.  3rd....wish you bought a better sled. 

Why the fuck is it loading up on fuel and flooding the crank?  Also..not sure that's what it was.  I didn't follow up with him about it.  Poo guys get sensitive about their sleds.  

Reevs a poo cat guy...thats like having hemorrhoids and VD at the sametime.

1 minute ago, Skidooski said:

Lower port timing keeps the revs down on the bigger bore twin motor. I wonder how the  exhaust and transfer timing compares to the 1000 twin? Not a bad thing for reliability but surprised they missed the boat on pipe design though. Sounds like mid to late 90's pipe designs where you'd pick up 10 hp from pipes :lol: 

My 2010.5 Etec 800 feels pretty fast  :news:

Yup!

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Because it's loaded real rich on break in is that hard to figure out? :lol:

Unplug the fuel pump and pull the plugs, pull away and replace with new plugs and plug in fuel pump then restart. It's like they are the first every sled to foul plugs. I remember my 02 800 cross country was horribly rich the first 500 miles. 

Just now, Reevester said:

Unplug the fuel pump and pull the plugs, pull away and replace with new plugs and plug in fuel pump then restart. It's like they are the first every sled to foul plugs. I remember my 02 800 cross country was horribly rich the first 500 miles. 

So....in order to break it in properly, they load it so rich that it won't start?  Excellent idea!  No chance of that thing dropping skirts into the crank and blowing out bearings if it won't run.

Jesus Christ.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

18hp increase is pretty decent for nothing more than a pipe and 2 degrees of timing. 

SHIT MAN!  18 ponies for a pipe and minor tune?  On an 800?  That's fucking big ballin"!  

Who's reporting that?

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

So....in order to break it in properly, they load it so rich that it won't start?  Excellent idea!  No chance of that thing dropping skirts into the crank and blowing out bearings if it won't run.

Jesus Christ.

Says he had a warranty claim but I didn't follow up with him. Gotta love the guys who just make shit up. Probably don't even know anybody with a 850 or the shop full of poos. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Says he had a warranty claim but I didn't follow up with him. Gotta love the guys who just make shit up. Probably don't even know anybody with a 850 or the shop full of poos. :lol:

I had no idea if it was a warranty claim or not.  Like I said...I don't ask questions with some people that get defensive.

Poo-laiders: "OUR POOs IS AWESOME!!!!  THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!  PEOPLE ARE MAKING STUFF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gimme a break with this bullshit.  I love the narrative changes from the Poo-laiders.  You clowns bag on Cats all day long then when your Poo falls apart from the starting line; "Now, let's all agree that these stories are all exaggerated and all brands have their own little issues."  :lol: 

If you ride anything other than a DOO...and think you can "bag" on another brands reliability.  Well...idiot.

34 minutes ago, Reevester said:

Fuel injected sleds shouldn't be dumping enough extra fuel to foul the plugs and flood the motor even at breakin. :lol:

My 14 and my 16 800 etec Renegades I had/have a combined 17,000 miles on and never fouled a plug or ever got towed besides a track at 10k miles. :snack:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

The mid season release was around 163 ish at dynotech then by 2012 was about 152 

The 15's and 16's were strong.   Actually our 14 runs extremely well.  

37 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I had no idea if it was a warranty claim or not.  Like I said...I don't ask questions with some people that get defensive.

Poo-laiders: "OUR POOs IS AWESOME!!!!  THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!  PEOPLE ARE MAKING STUFF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gimme a break with this bullshit.  I love the narrative changes from the Poo-laiders.  You clowns bag on Cats all day long then when your Poo falls apart from the starting line; "Now, let's all agree that these stories are all exaggerated and all brands have their own little issues."  :lol: 

If you ride anything other than a DOO...and think you can "bag" on another brands reliability.  Well...idiot.

I rode cats for thousands upon thousands of miles I can definitely bag on them all I want. 

20 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

Fuel injected sleds shouldn't be dumping enough extra fuel to foul the plugs and flood the motor even at breakin. :lol:

My 14 and my 16 800 etec Renegades I had/have a combined 17,000 miles on and never fouled a plug or ever got towed besides a track at 10k miles. :snack:

Good for you I've seen a pile of dead ones with low miles as well. 

Both 850s poo and doo dun rich for the first few hours on fuel and about 15 hrs with extra oil on the poo. 

Edited by Reevester

3 minutes ago, Reevester said:

I rode cats for thousands upon thousands of miles I can definitely bag on them all I want. 

Good for you I've seen a pile of dead ones with low miles as well. 

Both 850s poo and doo dun rich for the first few hours on fuel and about 15 hrs with extra oil on the poo. 

PR never added any extra oil in the tank for the breakin like was done on my previous two sleds.