Check your account email address ×

Doo 850 really detuned?

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Does the 850 need a timing key? In the older revs the dealer could just advance it in the ECU

Don't need a dealer.   There is a software package out there where you can do it yourself.   3 vin's with the package then $99 for each additional vin.   I use it and it works slick. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f7ben said:

Spoken like a total noob

I just want to ride em, I dont want to work on em. 

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

That wasn’t the point tho

Im sure all of those companies would love to sell you all kinds of stuff for hundreds or thousands of dollars to squeeze out a few more hp. "Hey we found 10 more hp with our pipe, fuel commander and timing advance!!!!1111 $1,800!!!1111

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

guys have been running the jaws full pipe can and y both high and low elevation with no controler for 2 full seasons with no reported isues.  you sure,shit know,if guys were blowing with this set up the forums would be filled with reports .

oh and that statement shows you really are a doo guy to the core .

Who makes a better running 2 stroke that skidoo? 

1 hour ago, Reevester said:

Lots are loading up on fuel and getting major flooding in the crank. If you're buddy is too dumb to not read the manual or know how to clear the fuel he should just quit the sport. They aren't doing a warranty claim for that and maybe they should have gave a lesson on warming up a sled.

Thousands are on snow with zero issues including the 5 in our crew with over 1500 miles combined now. 

But let the rumour mill run madcatter. 

just out of curiosity how dose the butt hole of Polaris taste I assume a bit bitter but you obviously get use to it 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

just out of curiosity how dose the butt hole of Polaris taste I assume a bit bitter but you obviously get use to it 

Reeves was a cat guy before this year so the poo butthole must taste better than the cat butthole. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I just want to ride em, I dont want to work on em. 

Im sure all of those companies would love to sell you all kinds of stuff for hundreds or thousands of dollars to squeeze out a few more hp. "Hey we found 10 more hp with our pipe, fuel commander and timing advance!!!!1111 $1,800!!!1111

Who makes a better running 2 stroke that skidoo? 

are we referring long lasting ? HP ? smooth running with no vibration ? or the whole package as a whole ?

cat still makes the most reliable 800 class motor but you do have to fuck with bull shit like bad wire routing and shitty clutching .doo makes a decent motor if you dont plan on keeping it more than a few yrs still but if you do you know there will at least be some sort of piston replacement  .  joke engineering wtf is up with 3 motor mounts on a 160 hp sled ? again dont get me started on there worthless aliment issues . Polaris motors are just plane junk but they are decent if you buy new every year 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I’m wondering why they left so much on the table 

Well I am sure there is a reason. Probably reliability or warranty issues. If you already have the biggest and most powerful 2 stroke on the market, why would you make more warranty claims for yourself for a couple more hp? 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

are we referring long lasting ? HP ? smooth running with no vibration ? or the whole package as a whole ?

cat still makes the most reliable 800 class motor but you do have to fuck with bull shit like bad wire routing and shitty clutching .doo makes a decent motor if you dont plan on keeping it more than a few yrs still but if you do you know there will at least be some sort of piston replacement  .  joke engineering wtf is up with 3 motor mounts on a 160 hp sled ? again dont get me started on there worthless aliment issues . Polaris motors are just plane junk but they are decent if you buy new every year 

Yeah cat 2 strokes have been on point forever 

Just now, Anler said:

Well I am sure there is a reason. Probably reliability or warranty issues. If you already have the biggest and most powerful 2 stroke on the market, why would you make more warranty claims for yourself for a couple more hp? 

I think they have themselves set up for an easy HP bump when they need it. Seems silly to design an entire new engine to barely edge out the old 800 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

So skidoo has the smoothest running, most powerful, best economy of any 800 class 2 stroke being offered. Thanks for your input. 

4 minutes ago, Anler said:

Reeves was a cat guy before this year so the poo butthole must taste better than the cat butthole. 

lol so he has a polaris for less than a month and it is the god sled . give it time we have all seen the I bought this sled so it must be the best ever many times . usually same story ride it dont say shit even when you have a mouth full when it is in the shop again . then new brand next time out .

I wanted a new cat but was not going to pay for first yr shit so I went with the doo . mostly because I know they hold there value to the sheep and the shot that is also not working like it shuld in the field 

1 minute ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think they have themselves set up for an easy HP bump when they need it. Seems silly to design an entire new engine to barely edge out the old 800 

I dont want to speculate but Im sure there is a whole bunch of issues that become more pronounced when you bump up the hp on these. Seems that clutching is becoming an issue on these sleds with the hp getting higher. How many years did it take cat to figure it out with their turbos and 800's. 

Just now, Ez ryder said:

lol so he has a polaris for less than a month and it is the god sled . give it time we have all seen the I bought this sled so it must be the best ever many times . usually same story ride it dont say shit even when you have a mouth full when it is in the shop again . then new brand next time out .

I wanted a new cat but was not going to pay for first yr shit so I went with the doo . mostly because I know they hold there value to the sheep and the shot that is also not working like it shuld in the field 

The poo axys is the best chassis on snow right now. First time I rode one I was sold. And that is coming off 20 years of skidoos. Put an etec 850 in that axys and I dont know if I would ever buy another sled. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I dont want to speculate but Im sure there is a whole bunch of issues that become more pronounced when you bump up the hp on these. Seems that clutching is becoming an issue on these sleds with the hp getting higher. How many years did it take cat to figure it out with their turbos and 800's. 

The crossfire clutching was quite good

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah...it's weird!  :lol:

Still...it hurts us all.  I don't have the "skinny" on what's all going on but, it's a few major and minor issues.  My buddy just got his 850 two weeks ago.  Went to go start it and NOTHING!  He's mechanically inclined too and couldn't figure out what the fuck?!?!?!?  Warranty claim before it even hit snow.  Local shop is full of Poos right now.  It's just fucking stupid as fuck!!!!  If low snow years weren't enough....the OEM's can't wait to commit suicide on their own!

Your buddies name isn,t Rick by any chance, is it ? Pictures with a shop full of 850 Poos would be priceless.

Every time I go back into the shop of our local doo dealer, their shop is full of 800 doos. After owning one of those abortions way back in 98, and having to fight with doo for a complete long block, I sold it, to never by a doo 2 stroke again. I rode my buddies 1200 doo, and it was great.  

Edited by Frostynuts