Check your account email address ×

We just keep stacking them up like cordwood in this country

• Platinum Contributing Member
19 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Why did this person do this and how can it be prevented going forward? Why do we have this issue on such a massive scale?

Instead we get...what type of gun, what color, is it scary looking and how many bullets does it hold?

If he is indeed a Marine suffering from PTSD it’s yet another VA Failure...government loves sending them off to the meat grinder but after that....pffftt.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Why did this person do this and how can it be prevented going forward? Why do we have this issue on such a massive scale?

Instead we get...what type of gun, what color, is it scary looking and how many bullets does it hold?

Perhaps we can never know why.  Knowing a person's mind is difficult.  To get to know it (and all those who may engage in such actions) in the manner to predict these types of actions we must yield rights protected by the Constitution.

Same goes for preventing these instances.  We could remove all guns from citizens, or make owning a firearm exceedingly difficult, however again at the cost of rights.  

Neal

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

If he is indeed a Marine suffering from PTSD it’s yet another VA Failure...government loves sending them off to the meat grinder but after that....pffftt.

So this was a California resident apparently suffering from PTSD in possession of a non-compliant firearm? Sounds like it may have been more then just the VA that failed.

I see my dad try and deal with the VA and it disconcerting. I wish our politicians that send troops into all these situations that lead to PTSD and suicide would step up and take care of them better once they come back

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Perhaps we can never know why.  Knowing a person's mind is difficult.  To get to know it (and all those who may engage in such actions) in the manner to predict these types of actions we must yield rights protected by the Constitution.

Same goes for preventing these instances.  We could remove all guns from citizens, or make owning a firearm exceedingly difficult, however again at the cost of rights.  

Neal

I don’t think it’s worth losing our gun rights. And I don’t even own a gun. These events are minuscule compared to the big city deaths on a daily basis like Baltimore, Detroit, and Chicago. The media just sensationalizes these events just like anything else they cover.

4 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

So this was a California resident apparently suffering from PTSD in possession of a non-compliant firearm? Sounds like it may have been more then just the VA that failed.

I see my dad try and deal with the VA and it disconcerting. I wish our politicians that send troops into all these situations that lead to PTSD and suicide would step up and take care of them better once they come back

I wish every member of the U.S. house and the U.S. club senate would be forced by law to get their health care needs  at the V.A. Only then would the lip service come to a end, and much needed reforms for veteran  patient care would begin. 

10 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

Some are simply too damaged. 

Just now, hwytohell said:

I wish every member of the U.S. house and the U.S. club senate would be forced by law to get their health care needs  at the V.A. Only then would the lip service come to a end, and much needed reforms for veteran  patient care would begin. 

Excellent idea!   :bc: 

2 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

My father in law was well taken care of by the VA. I have no complaints. 

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Nobody wants to ask the right questions because nobody want to hear the correct answers.

Hint #1:  “Toxic masculinity”.  

Hint #2 “Bullying”.

Hint #3:  “Celebrate Diverstiy”.

Hint #4: “Racism”

Hint #5 “Word vomit”

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I didn't expect you to get it.  You are a liberal in the mental health field.  Holy moly!  John Gacy teaching 8th gradel!  :lmao:

Your silly mind expeditions remind me of the dead bodies on mount Everest. 

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

Besides the obvious possible mental issues sounds like revenge over something that that also took place in a bar in the area.   Article doesn't say the same bar.  

He was the victim of a battery at a local Thousand Oaks bar and also had been involved in two traffic accidents. Deputies were called to his home last year because of a domestic dispute, where he was "somewhat irate and acting irrationally," said Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/11/08/ian-long-gunman-thousand-oaks-california-borderline-bar-grill/1928231002/

5 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

really you sniveling little cunt . I can her it now oh those mean r republicans are going to start locking people up just because they stoped taking there meds . Fuck YOU 

Some DO need a place to live where they can get through life without harming themselves   or others.   without these places we have created dangers that dont need to be.  

when most of hospitals closed around here it was EXTREMELY sad what happend to many, many people. a lot of suffering no one wants to address.   but ya ,  it is a very slippery slope as you point out, the reasons some would use to lock others up, and that slope is getting steeper.      labels..

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Nobody wants to ask the right questions because nobody want to hear the correct answers.

Hint #1:  “Toxic masculinity”.  

Hint #2 “Bullying”.

Hint #3:  “Celebrate Diverstiy”.

Hint #4: “Racism”

Hint #5: "Right wing faggot"

Hint #6: "Gun nut"

Hint #7: "Scared of muslims, mexicans, blacks, liberals"

No doubt

3 hours ago, old indy said:

Some DO need a place to live where they can get through life without harming themselves   or others.   without these places we have created dangers that dont need to be.  

when most of hospitals closed around here it was EXTREMELY sad what happend to many, many people. a lot of suffering no one wants to address.   but ya ,  it is a very slippery slope as you point out, the reasons some would use to lock others up, and that slope is getting steeper.      labels..

Unfortunatly they end up being 80 % of the people law enforcement end up dealing with. Most will end up in a jail or prison that isn't set up to deal with the issues they have.