Dow futures fall, suggesting stock-market bloodletting may not be over

18 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Are you starving your retirement?

negative but I certainly won't be one to die with an excessive amount

8 minutes ago, SSFB said:

And 10 more die with little. 

no shit, what a revelation

1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

I guess if you want to get anal about it but the point is far too many people die with way too much money.

If you die and have less than $200k then you are a complete pauper. $200k is only a few years of expenses these days. If you die with only $100k left you only had  about 2 years worth of funds left and you would be broke. 

Obviously pensions arent included in those numbers but taking a couple hundred grand to the cemetery is closer to broke than it is anything.   

8 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

If you die and have less than $200k then you are a complete pauper. $200k is only a few years of expenses these days. If you die with only $100k left you only had  about 2 years worth of funds left and you would be broke. 

Obviously pensions arent included in those numbers but taking a couple hundred grand to the cemetery is closer to broke than it is anything.   

I guess my father was a pauper then, he died with less than that. Under your guidelines alot of people are in trouble then and if 200k is only a few years of expenses, you're nuts, it really depends on your lifestyle. Not everybody gets to live a champagne lifestyle in retirement like yourself.

"Nearly half of families have no retirement account savings at all," the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) reported, even in savings vehicles such as IRAs and 401(k)s.

25 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I guess my father was a pauper then, he died with less than that. Under your guidelines alot of people are in trouble then and if 200k is only a few years of expenses, you're nuts, it really depends on your lifestyle. Not everybody gets to live a champagne lifestyle in retirement like yourself.

"Nearly half of families have no retirement account savings at all," the Economic Policy Institute (EPI) reported, even in savings vehicles such as IRAs and 401(k)s.

Ok but how much do You need to live. After taxes, 60k?   Thats only $5k per month. 

Obviously you need less the older you get if you dont have health issues but add everything up and see how much you need to live every month. 

My budget is $200/day. Some days, like the last 30, I spend 5 times that much. Every once in a while I spend less. On average I try to keep my spend at around $200 per day and that includes every single penny I spend from health, auto, home insurance to cell phones to entertainment. 

$200/day is not living very high on the hog. Its enjoying life on a budget. 

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ok but how much do You need to live. After taxes, 60k?   Thats only $5k per month

Obviously you need less the older you get if you dont have health issues but add everything up and see how much you need to live every month. 

My budget is $200/day. Some days, like the last 30, I spend 5 times that much. Every once in a while I spend less. On average I try to keep my spend at around $200 per day and that includes every single penny I spend from health, auto, home insurance to cell phones to entertainment. 

Thats what i budget myself for a month...and its cdn dollars. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well you don't want a wife. That will be the end of that! :lol:

Exactly! :lol:

My real estate agent asked me if I was shopping for the future in case I get married and I told her, "Let's be honest, she won't like it anyways so I'm shopping for myself." :lol:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Ok but how much do You need to live. After taxes, 60k?   Thats only $5k per month. 

I can't believe that some days I get gas, a couple of things at Home Depot, go to the super-market, and I have spent nearly $400.00!! 

Just regular, neccessary fukken shopping, and almost 400 dollars. This is insanity. 

3 hours ago, SSFB said:

Exactly! :lol:

My real estate agent asked me if I was shopping for the future in case I get married and I told her, "Let's be honest, she won't like it anyways so I'm shopping for myself." :lol:

Millenials are not getting married. It's the lowest marriage rate for that group. 

Who, in their right fukken mind would enter into a legal contract such as marriage, were it not for SOCIAL PRESSURE???? 

For those that say they love their girlfriend, there are millions of people that wanted to kill that girl 5 years later. 

After they wiped the guy out in divorce court, death was not enough. 

2017 was the ONLY year I did real good in the market. All the other years it was just fukken dividends that gave me anything. This week I got killed. 

The market is NO FUKKEN GOOD!! IT IS MANIPULATED BY UBER JEWISH CONTROL .

I ask anybody to tell me why everything was going along great............then all of a sudden...... BANG!!!!!!

It was the same amount of products made and sold. It was the same amount of oil sold and used the previous week/month.

It was the same amount of GDP. 

So WHAT FUKKEN CHANGED????? NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing that happened was big Jews started dumping their holdings, and the world panicked. 

Remember I posted just about two weeks ago, that THEY WILL CONJURE UP SOME FUKKEN EXCUSE to justify a SELL-OFF???? Prophetic words weren't they boyz? 

Interest rate went up........BIG FUKKEN DEAL!! Fukken Jews win again, they always do. TOO BIG, TOO SMART, TOO POWERFUL. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I can't believe that some days I get gas, a couple of things at Home Depot, go to the super-market, and I have spent nearly $400.00!! 

Just regular, neccessary fukken shopping, and almost 400 dollars. This is insanity. 

That's my typical Saturday afternoon. 

There’s reality, and then there’s tom. Die with several hundred grand in the bank? Spending $200 a day in retirement? Not everyone made the coin you did in the oil business. Not everyone buys all kinds of toys, jet sets around to concerts, traves all over the world. Not saying none of that is deserved, it’s just not typical. I also wouldn’t call anyone who has/does less “paupers”. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

There’s reality, and then there’s tom. Die with several hundred grand in the bank? Spending $200 a day in retirement? Not everyone made the coin you did in the oil business. Not everyone buys all kinds of toys, jet sets around to concerts, traves all over the world. Not saying none of that is deserved, it’s just not typical. I also wouldn’t call anyone who has/does less “paupers”. 

Dude , $200 a day is just an average joe. It’s not that hard to spend $200 a day. :bc: 

12 minutes ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Dude , $200 a day is just an average joe. It’s not that hard to spend $200 a day. :bc: 

maybe once in a while not every day.