Check your account email address ×

Dow futures fall, suggesting stock-market bloodletting may not be over

3 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The reality is it’s been pretty stable the last six months or so. Hardly any volatility at all and pretty much ignored this whole trade war business.

It was a reaction to interest rates. That's it. 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

The reality is it’s been pretty stable the last six months or so. Hardly any volatility at all and pretty much ignored this whole trade war business.

It’s been infused with billions of dollars since the tax cuts. Now there’s skyrocketing budget deficits in its wake. A good portion of the economy has been supported by a Goldilocks global economy and huge deficits. 

53 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I will. Because I’m right and you’re blind to what’s coming. It’s ok. I followed Dubya as well. We all get caught up into the bullshit at some point in our lives. 

"because im right"

arrogant fuck

I bet you thought you were "right" on election night too

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edited by ATOMIC PUNK

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Stick to the sidelines.  Risk is the one constant in the market.

I disagree. While the market can be disagreeable, there’s times to be in and times to be out. This correction was way overdue. There’s nervousness here that goes far beyond the interest rate hike. The global economy is in a precarious position right now. That’s divingba portion of this decline. The market will stabilize tomorrow going into the weekend. But the madness of trump’s economic crap shoot has yet to show its teeth. 

1 hour ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

"because im right"

arrogant fuck

I bet you thought you were "right" on election night too

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Suit yourself. It’s so fucking obvious what’s coming down. Just take trump’s dick out of your mouth and look. 

42 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I disagree. While the market can be disagreeable, there’s times to be in and times to be out. This correction was way overdue. There’s nervousness here that goes far beyond the interest rate hike. The global economy is in a precarious position right now. That’s divingba portion of this decline. The market will stabilize tomorrow going into the weekend. But the madness of trump’s economic crap shoot has yet to show its teeth. 

The best in this business can't time the markets and looking in the rear view mirror does not help.  I haven't come across anyone who can predict the markets, at least not anyone worth a damn.  Your problem is you are too concerned with the short term noise instead of looking at the long term picture.  That's a poor approach to focus on the one year in say seven the market will turn negative instead of being well positioned for the better longer term growth periods.  Wealth managers/advisers don't care none as they get paid the same for piss poor or stellar results, what other industry can we say the same?:lol:

I am glad my money is invested by the best in this business and I see no issue changing that.

10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The best in this business can't time the markets and looking in the rear view mirror does not help.  I haven't come across anyone who can predict the markets, at least not anyone worth a damn.  Your problem is you are too concerned with the short term noise instead of looking at the long term picture.  That's a poor approach to focus on the one year in say seven the market will turn negative instead of being well positioned for the better longer term growth periods.  Wealth managers/advisers don't care none as they get paid the same for piss poor or stellar results, what other industry can we say the same?:lol:

I am glad my money is invested by the best in this business and I see no issue changing that.

I’ve been in the market almost 40 years to varying degrees. I’ve done well. Not spectacular, but well. I have a 30 year state pension, lifetime of paying into SS, good liquidity, very low debt, and I’m approaching 60. I like where I’m at. It’s the time to play it safe. I don’t like what I see right now. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I’ve been in the market almost 40 years to varying degrees. I’ve done well. Not spectacular, but well. I have a 30 year state pension, lifetime of paying into SS, good liquidity, very low debt, and I’m approaching 60. I like where I’m at. It’s the time to play it safe. I don’t like what I see right now. 

You should be in a safe position.   Someone who is 25-45 should not and be looking long term.   If history is correct there is no better long term investment than stocks.  

6 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

I've been in it for over 30 years, learned a few lessons. Done well overall esp the last 10 years.  I have another 10 years before I even consider retirement but I have already killed all my financial planning goals so I don't need to be concerned with age and risk.  It's balls to the walls until I kick this shitty world.

I understand your situation regarding risk though.

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

You should be in a safe position.   Someone who is 25-45 should not and be looking long term.   If history is correct there is no better long term investment than stocks.  

That is for people who have missed their goals, ie the majority.

At 60 you can live another 30 years, 30 years is a very long time to be in a piss poor portfolio.

21 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Im in the same boat. Im playing it save. My budget for the rest of my life assumes a 3% ROI. If I have better gains my grandkids will get more money when Im gone. 

Ups and downs in the market dont bother me much. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
38 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

That is for people who have missed their goals, ie the majority.

At 60 you can live another 30 years, 30 years is a very long time to be in a piss poor portfolio.

It is a tough call. No one wants to live the golden yr like a pauper. That being said being the wealthiest guy in the cemetary would blow too.

As Warren Buffet says " in the perfect world the last check you ever write bounces"

10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

It is a tough call. No one wants to live the golden yr like a pauper. That being said being the wealthiest guy in the cemetary would blow too.

As Warren Buffet says " in the perfect world the last check you ever write bounces"

I say that all the time and it's astonishing how many people end up that way............ fuck that.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Not really. I think you missed the point.