Check your account email address ×

Dow futures fall, suggesting stock-market bloodletting may not be over

1 hour ago, Snoslinger said:

There’s reality, and then there’s tom. Die with several hundred grand in the bank? Spending $200 a day in retirement? Not everyone made the coin you did in the oil business. Not everyone buys all kinds of toys, jet sets around to concerts, traves all over the world. Not saying none of that is deserved, it’s just not typical. I also wouldn’t call anyone who has/does less “paupers”. 

Good for Tom.  Looks like he make a lot of sacrifices as many do working in the oil field while have a stable supporting home front.  Plus being well disciplined saving for retirement.  Sad that is not typical, cause it should be.

1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Dude , $200 a day is just an average joe. It’s not that hard to spend $200 a day. :bc: 

It really is.

There’s reality, and then there’s tom. Die with several hundred grand in the bank? Spending $200 a day in retirement? Not everyone made the coin you did in the oil business. Not everyone buys all kinds of toys, jet sets around to concerts, traves all over the world. Not saying none of that is deserved, it’s just not typical. I also wouldn’t call anyone who has/does less “paupers”. 

Add your shit up and what do you spend every day?  Come on give us a number. Add up every single penny you spend and what do you come up with?  

$200 per day is $73000 per year in after tax dollars. Thats about $100k per year is pretax dollars. 

Dont believe anyone who tells you that you can live on less than 50% of your pre retirement income.  You may be able to but who would want to live like that. 

If you die with $100k in the bank you are fucking broke.  No one knows when they will die so if you are still alive and only have $100k left you are praying to hit the lottery or die soon. 

6 hours ago, DAVE said:

Are you sayin I live like a peasant?

:lol:

Im saying for two people in retirement to live on $200 per day is not living large. Its living on a budget. Its not going out and buying new trucks and sleds and quads and trailers whenever you want. 

Its $73000 per year. I would guess that 75% of the posters in this forum live on $200/day or more. 

6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Im saying for two people in retirement to live on $200 per day is not living large. Its living on a budget. Its not going out and buying new trucks and sleds and quads and trailers whenever you want. 

Its $73000 per year. I would guess that 75% of the posters in this forum live on $200/day or more. 

It really isnt much if you think about it. Shit adds up in a hurry.

7 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly. Living on $5k per month is living like a peasant. I can hardly imagine living on less than that. 

Your perception is far different than reality.

Well said and very true.

1 hour ago, Beavis and Butt-Head said:

Dude , $200 a day is just an average joe. It’s not that hard to spend $200 a day. :bc: 

that's more than average  american income even when they're working. not saying it's hard to do, just saying it's not realistic for mosr americans. :bc:

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

that's more than average  american income even when they're working. not saying it's hard to do, just saying it's not realistic for mosr americans. :bc:

Do you spend $200 per day. Include everything. 

Just now, Snoslinger said:

Liberal following Americans....your party wants you to keep thinking that way....and youre to dumb to see it.

29 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Add your shit up and what do you spend every day?  Come on give us a number. Add up every single penny you spend and what do you come up with?  

$200 per day is $73000 per year in after tax dollars. Thats about $100k per year is pretax dollars. 

Dont believe anyone who tells you that you can live on less than 50% of your pre retirement income.  You may be able to but who would want to live like that. 

If you die with $100k in the bank you are fucking broke.  No one knows when they will die so if you are still alive and only have $100k left you are praying to hit the lottery or die soon. 

i am paid pretty well, have dual incomes. average income in america is $60K. like i said, you are not anywhere near the norm with your situation.

1 hour ago, ATOMIC PUNK said:

maybe once in a while not every day.

so you can live on less than 6000/mo all in mortgage utilities spending etc.  no fucking way could i and i see what my parents spend in retirement and if you want to do a fair amount of things can't see if going down to anything under $150/day.  I'm not retiring to sit on my ass and do nothing,  my old man golfs 5 days a week and they travel 4-5 times a year.  

Just now, Snoslinger said:

whoooooooooooooosh

why are you having so much trouble here? 

Because you spend way more than 200 per day. Everyone you know spends at least that much.  More than half the posters in this forum spend over $200 per day. 

That isnt much money. Its living on a budget. Not living large. 

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Why wont you add up every single thing you spend and tell us its not $200 per day. 

Add it up. What is your number. 

You figure in a mortgage and that number sky rocketsp0

whoooooooooooooosh

why are you having so much trouble here? 

You are.

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Liberal following Americans....your party wants you to keep thinking that way....and youre to dumb to see it.

piss off, eh? you realluy have no business calling anyone dumb. i'd bet you're not anywhere close to tom's retirement credentials either, big baller. :lol:

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

so you can live on less than 6000/mo all in mortgage utilities spending etc.  no fucking way could i and i see what my parents spend in retirement and if you want to do a fair amount of things can't see if going down to anything under $150/day.  I'm not retiring to sit on my ass and do nothing,  my old man golfs 5 days a week and they travel 4-5 times a year.  

Exactly. Who wants to sit around for the last 30 years of their life. 

4 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Well, if they aren't spending that today, then they won't need be in retirement.  Pretty simple actually.  What most fail to grasp is they think they will only need a quarter of their current income in retirement.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Because you spend way more than 200 per day. Everyone you know spends at least that much.  More than half the posters in this forum spend over $200 per day. 

Its only 1400 a week....

:lol:

piss off, eh? you realluy have no business calling anyone dumb. i'd bet you're not anywhere close to tom's retirement credentials either, big baller. :lol:

You are very envious of others...

It says alot about you.

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

i also have more toys than the average person, blow alot of money, live in a big home, live in an expensive area, etc etc etc. the argument isn't that i don't spend $60 a day, as i'm sure i do more than that. but the point is i am not the norm, and neither are your retirement requirements.