Check your account email address ×

Dow futures fall, suggesting stock-market bloodletting may not be over

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

if you can't spend less than $200 a day in retirement, and have a few hundred grand left when you die, you are a poor peasant!

like i said, you are nowhere near reality....

I can't believe he said that, never thought of Tom as an elitist snob. :lmao:

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Now you're deflecting, stay on track short stack, the argument is about what the average person spends during retirement and your perception is far from reality.

How far from reality?  Are you planning to live on $40k per tear in retirement?  

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

poor AC. my point was plain as day....

Dying with a couple hundred grand in the bank is not normal.  I know very few, and I mean very few less than 5% who could not fit in that scenario.  They all boil down to very poor life decisions.

Just now, snoughnut said:

I can't believe he said that, never thought of Tom as an elitist snob. :lmao:

Its not being a snob man. I know how to manage money. I retired at 54 years old. I know what i plan to spend for the rest of my life. 

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Exactly. Who wants to sit around for the last 30 years of their life. 

i figure if your lucky the average person has 10 good years after retirement before med issues catch up.  I can see it coming for my father in the next few years he's 72 been retired for 8.  I think for most the spend after 75 will slow down but the average person does not have a hell of a lot in retirement savings.  I'm 47 with over a mil in my 401k/IRA and even at that i am not secure that come retirement i will have enough to have fun for a decade then have enough to pay for the care down stream we will need.  we've been fortunate enough that inflation has not been a big drag for a long time now but as it ramps up it is going to further eat into the real rate of return

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Dying with a couple hundred grand in the bank is not normal.  I know very few, and I mean very few less than 5% who could not fit in that scenario.  They all boil down to very poor life decisions.

Even my MIL who recently passed who was in an old age home for the last 12 yrs had more then 200g. :lol:

2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Why can't a person work part time in retirement?  

Neal

You can and that would add to your daily spend. No one says you cant work in retirement. 

How much do you spend per day Neal?  

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

How far from reality?  Are you planning to live on $40k per tear in retirement?  

Stop deflecting you dumb shit, this isn't about me. It's about your ignorant perception of how most people live in retirement.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

Stop deflecting you dumb shit, this isn't about me. It's about your ignorant perception of how most people live in retirement.

exactly. like i said, he doesn't live in reality. 

Edited by Snoslinger

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

How much is your cabin worth?

WTF does that have to do with anything? I'm not the one calling somebody a pauper if they die with less than 200k, jesus christ, the stupidity in here is mind numbing. :lmao: