Check your account email address ×

How many people here still believe climate change is a hoax?

• Gold Member
19 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

what a dumb question. if a lake is getting polluted by a big company, some run off from area fields, and a home with a leaky septic system do you

1. do nothing, because the home owner can't afford to get his septic fixed

2. do something to help clean it up, starting with the bigger polluters like the company and the run off.

Onandaga Lake 

I believe and always have believed that our agenda should be to strive for more energy efficiency, less waste and less pollution. Thats the best we can do. Too many people on this earth, its going to have an impact one way or another. The oceans are already pretty gross and most bodies of fresh water are polluted also. Finish poisoning the air and soil and its not going to be a good thing for mankind in the long run. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

My debate isn't that the climate changes.   My debate is against an ever evolving narrative that fits a money driven agenda.   My debate is we are told something that is factual when they often go back and change the data.   My debate is on something like global climate change there are natural variables impossible to fully calculate and show its impact.  

Well debate that with NASA.  Because they claim that we've had the 5 of the hottest years since 2010 human activity is a huge factor. 

But hey, side with flat earth boy if you want. 

19 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

I believe and always have believed that our agenda should be to strive for more energy efficiency, less waste and less pollution. Thats the best we can do. Too many people on this earth, its going to have an impact one way or another. The oceans are already pretty gross and most bodies of fresh water are polluted also. Finish poisoning the air and soil and its not going to be a good thing for mankind in the long run. 

That just makes sense.  If the scientist are wrong about climate change, we will end up with a cleaner environment and better fuel sources. 

If the scientists are right and we are in danger of reaching a tipping point, we save the planet or at least delay our destruction. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Well debate that with NASA.  Because they claim that we've had the 5 of the hottest years since 2010 human activity is a huge factor. 

But hey, side with flat earth boy if you want. 

NASA again has a money driven agenda.   Plenty other data sources out there.  

8 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

That just makes sense.  If the scientist are wrong about climate change, we will end up with a cleaner environment and better fuel sources. 

If the scientists are right and we are in danger of reaching a tipping point, we save the planet or at least delay our destruction. 

Well i am not sure "we"(humans) can really make much of a change in the temperature by ourselves. But we can stop treating the planet like a toilet, we have to fucking live here.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Why so angry Punk?  

Just because your beliefs align with a flat earther is no reason to get mad at me.

You guys are the angry ones. You made a post ripping climate change deniers. I pointed out your flawed argument no more no less

Why do you keep bringing up flat earth?? It seems to trigger you and many others. 

Side note every time you do it I win. I get a huge grin on my face and laugh 

4 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well i am not sure "we"(humans) can really make much of a change in the temperature by ourselves. But we can stop treating the planet like a toilet, we have to fucking live here.

This.  Exactly this.

18 minutes ago, jtssrx said:

You guys are the angry ones. You made a post ripping climate change deniers. I pointed out your flawed argument no more no less

Why do you keep bringing up flat earth?? It seems to trigger you and many others. 

Side note every time you do it I win. I get a huge grin on my face and laugh 

You didn't point out a flawed argument, you denied it was happening. 

I believe NASA and not you or the clowns who deny science. 

1 hour ago, Nazipigdog said:

Ya mean like cleaveland dumping 8 million gallons a yr of raw sewerage into lake Erie?

5 hours ago, Highmark said:

NASA again has a money driven agenda.   Plenty other data sources out there.  

Illustrates why you’re a stupid fucker and a worthless hack.  In the meantime you’ll hold up studies funded by big oil as gospel.....you’re a stupid fucker :thumb:

Edited by SnowRider

34 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Illustrates why you’re a stupid fucker and a worthless hack.  In the meantime you’ll hod up studies funded by big oil as gospel.....you’re u are a stupid fucker :thumb:

I have yet to see anyone adequately explain how there is a bigger pay off perpetuating a climate hoax than denying it. Oil, gas and coal money vs what?  

1 minute ago, revkevsdi said:

I have yet to see anyone adequately explain how there is a bigger pay off perpetuating a climate hoax than denying it. Oil, gas and coal money vs what?  

It’s another government conspiracy.....notice how the stupid always fall for conspiracies.....

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

It’s another government conspiracy.....notice how the stupid always fall for conspiracies.....

I’m not sure why flat earth boy thinks I don’t like him. It’s great watch him back up other climate change deniers. 

3 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I’m not sure why flat earth boy thinks I don’t like him. It’s great watch him back up other climate change deniers. 

I wonder how many of his threads have proven to be true.......:news:

:lmao: 

90% of plastic polluting our oceans comes from just 10 rivers

Over the last decade we have become increasingly alarmed at the amount of plastic in our oceans.

More than 8 million tons of it ends up in the ocean every year. If we continue to pollute at this rate, there will be more plastic than fish in the ocean by 2050.

But where does all this plastic waste come from?

Most of it is washed into the ocean by rivers. And 90% of it comes from just 10 of them, according to a study.

Rivers of plastic

By analyzing the waste found in the rivers and surrounding landscape, researchers were able to estimate that just 10 river systems carry 90% of the plastic that ends up in the ocean.

Eight of them are in Asia: the Yangtze; Indus; Yellow; Hai He; Ganges; Pearl; Amur; Mekong; and two in Africa – the Nile and the Niger.

"We were able to demonstrate that there is a definite correlation in this respect," said Dr. Christian Schmidt, one of the authors of the study from the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research. "The more waste there is in a catchment area that is not disposed of properly, the more plastic ultimately ends up in the river and takes this route to the sea."

Schmidt and his team found that the quantity of plastic per cubic metre of water was significantly higher in large rivers than in small ones.

ujot-M7lnSP-fWghAthOKoyRzjWSyEu3Bp4_etvW
Image: Statista

The rivers all had two things in common; a generally high population living in the surrounding region – sometimes into the hundreds of millions – and a less than ideal waste management process.

The Yangtze is Asia’s longest river and also one of world’s most ecologically important rivers. The river basin is home to almost 500 million people (more than one third of China’s population). It is also the biggest carrier of plastic pollution to the ocean.

Recently, however, China has made efforts to curb waste.

For years the country had imported millions of tons of recyclable waste from overseas, but a growing recycling burden at home prompted the government to shift its policy.

Last year, it ended imports of “foreign garbage”. Recently it extended the ban to metals, saying stopping imports of foreign waste was "a symbolic measure for the creation of an ecological civilization in China”.

And this year China has ordered 46 cities to begin sorting waste in order to reach a 35% recycling rate by 2020.

According to the UN Environment Program head Erik Solheim, while China is the biggest producer of plastic waste, it is also making major efforts to curb it.

“If there is one nation changing at the moment more than anyone else, it’s China ... the speed and determination of the government to change is enormous,” said Solheim

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/90-of-plastic-polluting-our-oceans-comes-from-just-10-rivers/

6 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Don't think many will disagree with that.  My general beef is it always comes down to more taxes and more control.

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

90% of plastic polluting our oceans comes from just 10 rivers

Over the last decade we have become increasingly alarmed at the amount of plastic in our oceans.

More than 8 million tons of it ends up in the ocean every year. If we continue to pollute at this rate, there will be more plastic than fish in the ocean by 2050.

But where does all this plastic waste come from?

Most of it is washed into the ocean by rivers. And 90% of it comes from just 10 of them, according to a study.

Rivers of plastic

By analyzing the waste found in the rivers and surrounding landscape, researchers were able to estimate that just 10 river systems carry 90% of the plastic that ends up in the ocean.

Eight of them are in Asia: the Yangtze; Indus; Yellow; Hai He; Ganges; Pearl; Amur; Mekong; and two in Africa – the Nile and the Niger.

"We were able to demonstrate that there is a definite correlation in this respect," said Dr. Christian Schmidt, one of the authors of the study from the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research. "The more waste there is in a catchment area that is not disposed of properly, the more plastic ultimately ends up in the river and takes this route to the sea."

Schmidt and his team found that the quantity of plastic per cubic metre of water was significantly higher in large rivers than in small ones.

ujot-M7lnSP-fWghAthOKoyRzjWSyEu3Bp4_etvW

Image: Statista

The rivers all had two things in common; a generally high population living in the surrounding region – sometimes into the hundreds of millions – and a less than ideal waste management process.

The Yangtze is Asia’s longest river and also one of world’s most ecologically important rivers. The river basin is home to almost 500 million people (more than one third of China’s population). It is also the biggest carrier of plastic pollution to the ocean.

Recently, however, China has made efforts to curb waste.

For years the country had imported millions of tons of recyclable waste from overseas, but a growing recycling burden at home prompted the government to shift its policy.

Last year, it ended imports of “foreign garbage”. Recently it extended the ban to metals, saying stopping imports of foreign waste was "a symbolic measure for the creation of an ecological civilization in China”.

And this year China has ordered 46 cities to begin sorting waste in order to reach a 35% recycling rate by 2020.

According to the UN Environment Program head Erik Solheim, while China is the biggest producer of plastic waste, it is also making major efforts to curb it.

“If there is one nation changing at the moment more than anyone else, it’s China ... the speed and determination of the government to change is enormous,” said Solheim

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/06/90-of-plastic-polluting-our-oceans-comes-from-just-10-rivers/

Stupid thing about this is that plastic is fuel. They should be burning it to create electricity not throwing it in the river. In a few years they will be creating electricity with plastic waste.