Check your account email address ×

Harley-Davidson took its tax cut, closed a factory, and rewarded shareholders

Just now, Zambroski said:

Harley Davidson.  I just don’t see the appeal.  

Ahhh....to each their/there/they’re own I guess.

You ride a cat. Case closed. :news:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Tell us MC, what does a company do when sales are down?

Harley-Davidson sales decline continues

By Andrew Tangel
Published: Jan 30, 2018 8:24 am ET

Harley-Davidson Inc. on Tuesday reported its fourth straight year of declining sales as the Milwaukee motorcycle maker struggles to get more riders on Hogs.

Harley's motorcycle-related revenue fell 6.8% in 2017 to $4.92 billion, as retail sales continued to suffer in the U.S. and around the globe. Analysts polled by Thomson Reuters had expected revenue of $4.88 billion.

One of my employees toured the York plant years ago.  US sales had been on the decline for some time and sales growth was in Europe.  Most of the profits came from merchandise and they will sue anyone selling illegally.

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Harley Davidson.  I just don’t see the appeal.  

Ahhh....to each their/there/they’re own I guess.

Can't look like a badass vagabond on anything else.  Like showing up in a minivan at a car meet.

49 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That's exactly why their sales are declineng

That and the market is flooded with them. The auction near us has 300 repose every two weeks. Every mom and pop garage has couple for sale.

I've always loved Harleys for what they were, made alotta noise but not alotta horsepower.  They don't handle that good and they don't have great brakes.  That said, nothing cooler for a nice sunny day cruise.  The old man had a nice FLH when we were growing up, which was kind of neat for a 16 year old to be buzzing around on.  I had about 4 streetbikes and 40 dirtbikes, was just more interested in mx.  Their stock has been in the tank for a while.  Couple clients just sold their positions....new Fat Bobs are pretty horny though  :bc: 083117-Harley-Davidson-Fat-Bob-9949.thumb.jpg.3fa6aa87611f5d92159ce1b0a0225915.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I've always loved Harleys for what they were, made alotta noise but not alotta horsepower.  They don't handle that good and they don't have great brakes.  That said, nothing cooler for a nice sunny day cruise.  The old man had a nice FLH when we were growing up, which was kind of neat for a 16 year old to be buzzing around on.  I had about 4 streetbikes and 40 dirtbikes, was just more interested in mx.  Their stock has been in the tank for a while.  Couple clients just sold their positions....new Fat Bobs are pretty horny though  :bc: 083117-Harley-Davidson-Fat-Bob-9949.thumb.jpg.3fa6aa87611f5d92159ce1b0a0225915.jpg

Yep , I'd love one and I get the fever every spring . But I fight it and it passes . Hopefully it passes again cause I'm too old to be getting thrown down the road lol.  :bc:

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Yep , I'd love one and I get the fever every spring . But I fight it and it passes . Hopefully it passes again cause I'm too old to be getting thrown down the road lol.  :bc:

Yup.  I still want one of these   :lol: maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.ecf386bd2b78c2566778a7d439f5a079.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nazipigdog said:

Well I'm not a baller. And baller or not, $40k for a bike is just foolish. 

x2.  I have a client who's got a 35k CVO something or other.  Old bastard just had a quadruple by pass and probably doesn't put more than 200 miles a year on it.  Just don't see the point.  My last bike was a BMW R1100r a few years ago. I never should have sold it, but it just wasn't getting used.  Bought it for 4 grand, sold it for 4 grand 2 years later.  I wouldn't mind a short money used one in the barn for when the itch comes.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  I still want one of these   :lol: maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.ecf386bd2b78c2566778a7d439f5a079.jpg

x2.  I have a client who's got a 35k CVO something or other.  Old bastard just had a quadruple by pass and probably doesn't put more than 200 miles a year on it.  Just don't see the point.  My last bike was a BMW R1100r a few years ago. I never should have sold it, but it just wasn't getting used.  Bought it for 4 grand, sold it for 4 grand 2 years later.  I wouldn't mind a short money used one in the barn for when the itch comes.

You cant take it with you...might as well spend it.

Just now, DriftBusta said:

I'm not even a big fan of harleys. There are far better touring bikes. And for lots cheaper. Fuck a Harley t shirt is like $100 :lol: