Check your account email address ×

Harley-Davidson took its tax cut, closed a factory, and rewarded shareholders

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Later model 911 is up near the top of the list for next toy. :bc: 

If i didnt have so much gravel road to drive to get to a paved road id have a newer vette...thats part of the reason i havent gotten a bike again.

4 hours ago, hwytohell said:

Some are still wondering why they can't have a Studebaker or Packard in the driveway or grab a cold (d)etoilet  brewed  Stroh's  beer from their  Norge or Kelvinator  fridge.   :popcornchair:

lol last fall I had a old norge beond restored for a guys man cave /storage garage . he had like 4g in to this thing color matched to his cuda 're chromed rebulit compresor full deal

was cool but I would not pay the bill for my house .one man's 4g another mans case of beer 

Edited by Ez ryder

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Yup.  Later model 911 is up near the top of the list for next toy. :bc: 

997 or 991?  I've seen some 997's  that I'd consider to be a good deal for sale the last year or so.  

Tempting.  

I,ve had many bikes, and loved riding all of them, especially late afternoon, and evenings. As I get older, and the driving public gets more stupid every day, I,ve switched to driving convertible cars.

Definitely not the same feeling as being on a bike, but you still get that nice open air feeling. Plus you get rain and to much heat protection having a top that can go up in a couple of seconds, and air conditioning that cools you down, with the top up, or down.

9 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

997 or 991?  I've seen some 997's  that I'd consider to be a good deal for sale the last year or so.  

Tempting.  

I want a 991, but I'm gonna have to search for the right deal to not break the bank.  This 05 997 is available right down the street with 25k miles on it for 38k, very tempting, and its not black or red, which are out as far as color options. 

https://www.northbayimports.com/certified/Porsche/2005-Porsche-911-b3d737b50a0e0a170e0d40a60c820580.htm

This 2012 is a deal, but wtf...no sunroof?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22961&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c22961&zip=06016&distance=500&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=205962467

2 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

I,ve had many bikes, and loved riding all of them, especially late afternoon, and evenings. As I get older, and the driving public gets more stupid every day, I,ve switched to driving convertible cars.

Definitely not the same feeling as being on a bike, but you still get that nice open air feeling. Plus you get rain and to much heat protection having a top that can go up in a couple of seconds, and air conditioning that cools you down, with the top up, or down.

x2.  This would be something the wife and I could both hop in without the nerves attached to being on a bike.  Longer weekend trips, etc..

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

There is a new/newer white GT3 here in to town and it makes my leg tingle.   If only I had a extra $150,000 to blow. 

trying to figure out what harley was supposed to do here to satisfy everyone.  pay people to sit around like the big 3 did for years when they had too much capacity?  we saw how that worked out for them.  While Harleys numbers are down they are still the big boy on the block and employ thousands in good paying jobs and are adding half the jobs lost to another plant. Want to keep your job move there.  Companies can't save all the jobs all the time even though congressmen like to get on their high horse and act like they can.  It's a business not a charity.   Maybe trump needs to attack the MC tariffs since they are only doing final assembly in Thailand of US parts to avoid tarrifs.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

trying to figure out what harley was supposed to do here to satisfy everyone.  pay people to sit around like the big 3 did for years when they had too much capacity?  we saw how that worked out for them.  While Harleys numbers are down they are still the big boy on the block and employ thousands in good paying jobs and are adding half the jobs lost to another plant. Want to keep your job move there.  Companies can't save all the jobs all the time even though congressmen like to get on their high horse and act like they can.  It's a business not a charity.   Maybe trump needs to attack the MC tariffs since they are only doing final assembly in Thailand of US parts to avoid tarrifs.  

New Roczen edition CRF450 is like 11,500 retail.  That is just nuts.  I used to buy a new 450 every year when I was racing and they were half that less than 10 yrs ago.  

On 5/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, Frostynuts said:

Maybe that,s why bikers are being run over, for those super loud pipes, since the cops don,t seem to have the balls to fine all the douche bags that have those loud pipes that everyone except the bike owner hate. LOL  And I kinda laugh at all those brave bikers that think riding an inch away from the center line is being macho. All they need to do is meet a sleepy transport driver that just happens to wander over the line by six inches or so, and bye, bye tough biker. 

As a sleepy transport driver I take offense to that:justcuz: LOL

• Like 1