Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

On behalf of RevBeta I'm calling BS.

Back to 7% ytd.

FAANGT has done really well for me.   As has DXCM, WM and a few others.   Great year so far.  :thumbsup:

On 8/22/2018 at 7:47 PM, Highmark said:

FAANGT has done really well for me.   As has DXCM, WM and a few others.   Great year so far.  :thumbsup:

LGBTQ2 has done really well for RevBeta too, however that success is immeasurable.:lol:

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

IDK, apparently there are another five or more characters added after the 2 I left out.  WTF.:lol:

This is what happens when we give too much credibility to people with mental disorders.  Equality isn’t enough....celebrity is what they seek.  Fuck!  I still don’t even know what the “Q” means!!! 

:lmao:

28 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

LGBTQ2 has done really well for RevBeta too, however that success is immeasurable.:lol:

Another great day today!  

If this keeps up, we may have a good year. Probably not as good as last year, but still good. 

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Same here.

How much didja' make? 

5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

If this keeps up, we may have a good year. Probably not as good as last year, but still good. 

How much didja' make? 

Bigly coin.  Just a tad under 8% ytd, about half the last 5 year average but just under my 10% target.  So far so good.

Might diversify some out.   Thinking of heading up north next week to check out more properties.   One I was pretty high on sold under my nose today.   Oh well been such a incredible year I can't complain.  

8 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm hearing rumblings that a CORRECTION might be imminent. What say you........KRESKIN? 

Our analysts give the usual, not a matter of if, but when guidance, but also don't see any storm clouds on the horizon.  Thats no different than anyone, and many of them are basing it on the fact that we're in the longest bull run in history.  Rules to live by:  bull markets always last longer than bear markets, and the market ALWAYS recovers and goes past the previous highwater mark.  95 year history of that.  The rest of 18 outlook remains strong.  If there is a correction, I suspect it will be in 19, and fairly minor, certainly not like 08-09.  All this means is don't change your strategy, and leave your money in the market.

4 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Bigly coin.  Just a tad under 8% ytd, about half the last 5 year average but just under my 10% target.  So far so good.

About where Im at with my best growth and income portfolios.  Last year was good times, some of them were north of 25%.  Fixed income continues to be the fly in the ointment for a lotta folks.  Too much, and you're leaving a lot on the table, and maybe even going backwards.  Another interest rate increase next month by the feds won't help that either. Theres been some crazy opportunities with individual stocks too, but thats alot trickier, and requires some intestinal fortitude.  

On 8/25/2018 at 9:09 AM, DriftBusta said:

About where Im at with my best growth and income portfolios.  Last year was good times, some of them were north of 25%.  Fixed income continues to be the fly in the ointment for a lotta folks.  Too much, and you're leaving a lot on the table, and maybe even going backwards.  Another interest rate increase next month by the feds won't help that either. Theres been some crazy opportunities with individual stocks too, but thats alot trickier, and requires some intestinal fortitude.  

Fixed income.:lol:

For short term sure, like the funds I have set aside for the rebuild.  Problem is far to many are foolishly guided to fixed income under the pretext of market volatility, the one constant that is always present.  Lol.

Looking to be another good day, perhaps a tick, tack, toe. Dow > 26000, Nas > 8000 and S&P > 2900.:bc:

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:58 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

Officially kicked off our cottage rebuild yesterday.  Survey in process and starting on plan.  Build to start spring 2020.

Hard to find a good builder. We may go package for this reason

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Fixed income.:lol:

For short term sure, like the funds I have set aside for the rebuild.  Problem is far to many are foolishly guided to fixed income under the pretext of market volatility, the one constant that is always present.  Lol.

Looking to be another good day, perhaps a tick, tack, toe. Dow > 26000, Nas > 8000 and S&P > 2900.:bc:

Yep.   Strong start to the day.   Probably on the heels of the uptick in 3rd Qtr GDP estimates to 4.6%.  I'm up almost 1% and high's for the year.  :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Usedtoskidoo said:

Hard to find a good builder. We may go package for this reason

We believe we have a good one, not cheap by any means.

We have been looking at packages for about 5 years, Linwood, Beaver Homes, Viceroy (not anymore) etc.  Shell plus finish is about the same, plus I'm not doing shit, will be turnkey. 

Edited by ArcticCrusher

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Yep.   Strong start to the day.   Probably on the heels of the uptick in 3rd Qtr GDP estimates to 4.6%.  I'm up almost 1% and high's for the year.  :thumbsup:

Will see by end of day, should be at new highs.:bc: