Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

you're so full of shit

You can safely draw 4% on that all day long.  Do it.  Fidelity.  Pffft.

I am going to take some out. I only have about 135 k in checking, I want at least 250, maybe more. 

8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

you're so full of shit

You can safely draw 4% on that all day long.  Do it.  Fidelity.  Pffft.

Whatsamatta with Fidel? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

EVERY dime gets RE-INVESTED by Fidelity. I NEVAH see a dividend, I just pay on them at tax time. 

No annuities, but a bunch of IRAs, and Roth IRA's.  

There's about 30 different stocks--diversified. 

I don't need the money, so I let it ride and ride. Year after year, ups and downs. 

Last year was phenomenal. Hoping for a repeat. 

THis is complete bullshit. At your are you are required by law to withdraw from an IRA or pay a fine. 

37 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

THis is complete bullshit. At your are you are required by law to withdraw from an IRA or pay a fine. 

I think you need to withdraw minimums from ira starting at 70 but no age limit for roths.  Similiar to our RRSP.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I think you need to withdraw minimums from ira starting at 70 but no age limit for roths.  Similiar to our RRSP.

And he says he has both but dosnt withdraw any

2 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Everything that douchebag spewes is a lie. One deranged old man for sure. :lol: 

Yup....from bragging about making millions while he cries about having to do simple house chores at his advanced age......to inquiring about underage Canadian prostitutes. 

What a fucking weirdo creeper moron

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Whatsamatta with Fidel? 

Other than they use a lot of proprietary funds, nothing other than they're a competitor of ours.  We won't/don't sell proprietary funds, but we can hold them.  Fidelity Contrafund is a great fund, you should have a bunch in there if you're with Fidelity.  But we have others that are just as good that I can buy or sell freely.

2 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

You have to withdraw an age based formula determined required minimum distribution (RMD) at age 70 1/2, and pay the income taxes on it, but you don't have to spend it, you can transfer the balance to a Roth or non IRA brokerage account.  The penalty if you don't is 50% of the tax on it...pretty stiff.

Edited by DriftBusta

5 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Yeah, after 70 1/2 I have to take MINIMUN REQUIRED DISTRIBUTIONS, which I did for last year. Other than that, I don't usually take anything out. Once in a great while I write a check, but for the most part it all goes back to sit and fester. 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Other than they use a lot of proprietary funds, nothing other than they're a competitor of ours.  We won't/don't sell proprietary funds, but we can hold them.  Fidelity Contrafund is a great fund, you should have a bunch in there if you're with Fidelity.  But we have others that are just as good that I can buy or sell freely.

You have to withdraw an age based formula determined required minimum distribution (RMD) at age 70 1/2, and pay the income taxes on it, but you don't have to spend it, you can transfer the balance to a Roth or non IRA brokerage account.  The penalty if you don't is 50% of the tax on it...pretty stiff.

Yes, I just had it sent to me in three checks. I have to do it again, this year. Fidelity posts it for me, and I do it online. 

On 8/8/2018 at 12:16 PM, Polaris 550 said:

Yes, I just had it sent to me in three checks. I have to do it again, this year. Fidelity posts it for me, and I do it online. 

You near Merrimac by any chance?  Got a good buddy up there who could take real good care of you  :bc: 

17 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You near Merrimac by any chance?  Got a good buddy up there who could take real good care of you  :bc: 

Not too far. I do everything on-line, haven't been to an office in years. 

When I did go, they call the VP down, and they bring me upstairs to the Executive Offices. 

I think they consider me  an investor " WHALE ".    :lmao:

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Not too far. I do everything on-line, haven't been to an office in years. 

When I did go, they call the VP down, and they bring me upstairs to the Executive Offices. 

I think they consider me  an investor " WHALE ".    :lmao:

Not a bad idea to meet with someone and get a fresh look at things.  Emerging markets were on fire last year, this year they're in the tank.  A good advisor can move your stuff accordingly in times like this.  :bc:   Serious on that ContraFund, make sure you have some of that in your book

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Not a bad idea to meet with someone and get a fresh look at things.  Emerging markets were on fire last year, this year they're in the tank.  A good advisor can move your stuff accordingly in times like this.  :bc:   Serious on that ContraFund, make sure you have some of that in your book

Advisor New Insights Fund.:thumbsup:

19 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Have had contra fund for YEARS.

They used to always hound me to let them manage my account.  

I'm a stubborn fuck,  I don't do anything with it, but let it fester. The way I look at it, it's all bullshit. When the market goes up, I usually make some money. When It goes down, I usually lose some money. 

If they MANAGED it, it would probably be the same outcome. 

32 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Have had contra fund for YEARS.

They used to always hound me to let them manage my account.  

I'm a stubborn fuck,  I don't do anything with it, but let it fester. The way I look at it, it's all bullshit. When the market goes up, I usually make some money. When It goes down, I usually lose some money. 

If they MANAGED it, it would probably be the same outcome. 

The ones who can outperform Danoff are few and far between.