Dow 26,000:

19 hours ago, Nazipigdog said:

Doom and gloom? 

We are having our busiest (and most profitable) year ever

All of my investments are up

Family is healthy and happy

Most (if not all) of my friends are also having good fortune

I own the best snowmobile in the biz!

my 2015 Ram truck has 110,000 miles and is getting the best fuel economy it ever has!

Sucks to be some of you i guess :dunno:

x2

9 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

The market kind of sucks this year. Unless it takes off in the next few months, it will be a small gain year. 

im up a little over 8% this year.  Backed out of some emerging markets, more selective on the stocks, Amazon, Apple been helping alot too.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2

im up a little over 8% this year.  Backed out of some emerging markets, more selective on the stocks, Amazon, Apple been helping alot too.

I sold my emerging markets for global equities two weeks ago

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I sold my emerging markets for global equities two weeks ago

Last year those investments were killing it, not so much this year.  My news feeds at work are starting to fill up with preparing for a down market, fixed income strategies, etc.,  kinds of webinars and seminars.  Im hoping we get back to 26k, and then maybe pull some stuff into safer havens before or if any correction or downturn happens.   Gonna be a busy couple months.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Last year those investments were killing it, not so much this year.  My news feeds at work are starting to fill up with preparing for a down market, fixed income strategies, etc.,  kinds of webinars and seminars.  Im hoping we get back to 26k, and then maybe pull some stuff into safer havens before or if any correction or downturn happens.   Gonna be a busy couple months.

Funny cause I've been hearing markets are too risky since at least 2012 and fixed income bonds were the way to go.:lol:

My investment timeline goes until the day I'm burried.  I'm expecting many corrections before that happens.

3 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Funny cause I've been hearing markets are too risky since at least 2012 and fixed income bonds were the way to go.:lol:

My investment timeline goes until the day I'm burried.  I'm expecting many corrections before that happens.

^^^^   Jones calls that......."Best Practice"     It does get trickier with clients with limited size portfolios and they are at or near retirement.  Those are the ones I really have to watch.

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

^^^^   Jones calls that......."Best Practice"     It does get trickier with clients with limited size portfolios and they are at or near retirement.  Those are the ones I really have to watch.

i struggle with that with my kids college money,  my sons account rebalanced  beginning of the year since he is going to school and the gains were terrible i actually had my daughters in the same timeframe but changed the allocation to try to get a bit more growth this year but then it will be in relative risk free stuff next year so I'd appreciate a little run up through December.  

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i struggle with that with my kids college money,  my sons account rebalanced  beginning of the year since he is going to school and the gains were terrible i actually had my daughters in the same timeframe but changed the allocation to try to get a bit more growth this year but then it will be in relative risk free stuff next year so I'd appreciate a little run up through December.  

You have bigger balls than I. I stuck it all in cds a couple years ago. I just didn’t want to gamble once I hit my goal.

39 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Yeah the college funds work like the target dates, which in the last couple years, have left a bunch of money on the table.  Fixed income investments have been really tricky...,Tech bubble. Schmech bubble... a lot of that stuff has and is still on fire Apple up 5% today to a new high....glad I bought some yesterday for some folks.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Go DEXCOM (DXCM) go!   Got quite a bit in it and its up almost 26% today!  Also nice to see some tech stocks more than stabilize.   Shows some of the drop was auto induced.   Good sign for the overall health of the market.

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Go DEXCOM (DXCM) go!   Got quite a bit in it and its up almost 26% today!  Also nice to see some tech stocks more than stabilize.   Shows some of the drop was auto induced.   Good sign for the overall health of the market.

Gotta call BS on that.  Market (Dow) is down today.  Whose wool are you trying to pull over REvBeta's eyes.:lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Gotta call BS on that.  Market (Dow) is down today.  Whose wool are you trying to pull over REvBeta's eyes.:lol:

Sure glad I didn't do any panic selling.  Back to where I was before tech took its hit.  DXCM up 29% on the day.   Watched an interview with their ceo a while back and he talked about them having the only medicare approved auto insulin tester/injector coming on the market.   Then he talked about the number of certain diabetics who might use it.   No brainer.   Only done fair until today. 

21 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm at 6% YTD. BFD. 

I don't know, maybe I shouldn't complain, even at 6 I made some decent  bucks for sitting on my old fat ass. 

Thats better than most.:thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Hasn't been a phenominal yr, but an ok yr.

I was thinking it would have been down.  So.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:
25,628.91 +126.73 (0.50%)
Aug 7, 4:12 PM EDT · Disclaimer

Did you work hard today Stevie? Was it hot? Did it suck moving the trenching machine and all those hoses? 

I made 23,000 today for doing nuthin'!!! LMAO!!! Suck a Brazilian dick, faggot!!!!  :bigfinger: