Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

21 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Nobody can predict the markets.  A correction will be coming no doubt, but when it happens or by how much is unknown.  Gotta love these dime a dozen attention seekers.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

18 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Many are saying it is. Trump has also created a situation where he’s given up all the economic stimulus bullets for when this thing goes south. And it will. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

Many are saying it is. Trump has also created a situation where he’s given up all the economic stimulus bullets for when this thing goes south. And it will. 

Ummmm.........like what?

Just now, spin_dry said:

Many have been saying it for many years, bunch of losers who make a career out of underachieving.  You never hear the best money managers saying that.  They do not concern themselves with what is out of their control and focus on investing in the best companies and holding.  If you are few years from retiring and/or needing that money shortly, you should not be here in the first place.

Just now, Highmark said:

Ummmm.........like what?

We can start with cutting taxes in an already strong economy. That will go down as one of the dumbest ideas ever. History will show this to be true. Trump is a high risk, high reward individual. He’s sucked the entire US economy into this whirlpool. 

28 minutes ago, XC.Morrison said:

Of the main indicators of a major correction only a few apply now.   3 of our largest corrections occurred when significant speculation was occurring.  1929 Manufacturing and Railroad.   1998/9 .Com.   2008 Real Estate.   I just don't see that to those levels right now.

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

We can start with cutting taxes in an already strong economy. That will go down as one of the dumbest ideas ever. History will show this to be true. Trump is a high risk, high reward individual. He’s sucked the entire US economy into this whirlpool. 

So you admit cutting taxes creates economic growth?   I love when liberals say cutting taxes hurts or slows economic growth.  :lol:  

What are these other "bullets" you speak of?

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Seriously?? Raising interest rates how many times? VS. Obama who held them to zero for how long all whilst giving trillions to corporate america. Yeah...Trump has given up his bullets...

Smh

Just now, JEFF said:

Seriously?? Raising interest rates how many times? VS. Obama who held them to zero for how long all whilst giving trillions to corporate america. Yeah...Trump has given up his bullets...

Smh

The POTUS doesn't have anything to do with interest rates.  

7 minutes ago, Highmark said:

So you admit cutting taxes creates economic growth?   I love when liberals say cutting taxes hurts or slows economic growth.  :lol:  

What are these other "bullets" you speak of?

Congress has handed him massive tax cuts coupled with increased deficit spending. All in an already strong economy. You want more? 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You are correct. What I should have said is during obama's term, rates were kept artificially low because it was widely known that the economy was on eggshells and could not withstand any rate increases. As where during trumps first year rates were increased because those in the know realise the economy is strong enough and thriving well enough to deal with rate increases. (which we very much need by the way)

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not directly. This entire stimulus idea isnt going to propel the economy past big inflation. That spells higher interest rates.  The signs are already showing that trump’s gamble isn’t going to work. Couple this with the fact that much of America’s economic growth has been due to almost perfect worldwide economic growth. Trump’s tariffs are now risking to quickly dismantle the world’s economy. Trump is a greed driven, egotist that has his hand lever on the throttle with no regard for anyone that tells him how to handle this. How you can’t see this beyond me. 

Edited by spin_dry

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Congress has handed him massive tax cuts coupled with increased deficit spending. All in an already strong economy. You want more? 

While I can't emphasize my dislike in the increase in spending enough in reality its not with how much GDP is growing when looking at it as a percentage of that.  

Sure.   Of the two here one is just a repeat.   So does he have a double barrel or do you want to go for a revolver? 

Just now, spin_dry said:

Not directly. This entire stimulus idea isnt going to propel the economy past big inflation. That spells higher interest rates.  The signs are already showing that trump’s gamble isn’t going to work. Couple this with the fact that much of America’s economic growth has been due to almost perfect worldwide economic growth. Trump’s tariffs are now risking to quickly dismantle the world’s economy. Trump is a greed driven, egotist that has his hand lever on the throttle with no regard for anyone that tells him how to handle this. How you can’t see this beyond me. 

Yes because sitting at extremely low interest rates is wonderful.  As for the tariffs dismantling the worlds economy.....that's just fucking laughable.   The tariffs account for an extremely small % of the economies involved much less the worlds.   

17 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Smh

Are you old enough to ever lived though high inflation? BTW, wage growth remains anemic since the corporate tax cuts. Where’s that money going? And please spare me the minuscule examples of a handful of companies providing wage increases since the corporate tax cuts. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Are you old enough to ever lived though high inflation? BTW, wage growth remains anemic since the corporate tax cuts. Where’s that money going? And please spare me the minuscule examples of a handful of companies providing wage increases since the corporate tax cuts. 

I am. I can remember if I recall correctly a 14% mortgage rate. I can also remember getting around 9% on cd's. 

I can tell you that my employees don't mind the wage increase or bonus they all got. But you know better... 

16 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

I've never seen a group of Americans more excited for our economy to take a shit 

emotional victims most of them are 

If it does, I'm gonna buy up as many of their properties on the court house steps as I can...then have them tossed out.  :lol: 

55 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

If it does, I'm gonna buy up as many of their properties on the court house steps as I can...then have them tossed out.  :lol: 

You fucking dreamer. You can’t afford to buy their dog house.