Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Dude.  Being negative and predicting a crash is the oldest industry in the biz...the wording goes back to the 30s

That cuz it’s not. :bc: 

Such an ignorant hateful dweeb.  Do you actually think I live and die on what the Dow is doing on a daily basis?  Just curious, what is your education level?

The market is going down big time. And it’s all been driven by irresponsible acts by the trump and the GOP. It’s going to happen. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Looks like this years gains are gone.

FUCK TRUMP

Too bad for you.   Im up over 20% on the year. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Ask the regular joe if he’s up 20% come November. 

As the Zen Master said...."we'll see."

Im sure they will be happy with the 2 year average.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

As the Zen Master said...."we'll see."

If a person isn’t uneasy about this economy then they’re empty between the ears. It’s living on borrowed time. Had trump not vexed the world economy with the tariff BS and acted so irresponsible with tax cuts, the future could look damn nice. The little guy is going to get demolished in the coming downturn. 

7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

If a person isn’t uneasy about this economy then they’re empty between the ears. It’s living on borrowed time. Had trump not vexed the world economy with the tariff BS and acted so irresponsible with tax cuts, the future could look damn nice. The little guy is going to get demolished in the coming downturn. 

Don’t worry. They’ll blame Obama when it happens. 

9 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The market is going down big time. And it’s all been driven by irresponsible acts by the trump and the GOP. It’s going to happen. 

You should get on an investment advisory panel somewhere with that astute analysis dude.

26 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I get a real kick from watching those who aren't even in the markets flipping out and concerned about the markets.

Betas.:lol:

I have about 20-40 phd's, cfas and other assorted opinions that I can access daily, with a whole lot more depth than these guys wetting their fingers and sticking it in the air to see which way the winds blowing.  The ONLY reason these guys are doom and gloom is because of the party designation letter in front of the presidents name, thats it.  This volatility was predicted last year.  There simply is no comparison to the conditions now to when the last crash happened.  And if any of these guys knew anything about the markets they'd know 1. bull markets ALWAYS last longer than bear markets and 2.  the market ALWAYS comes back.  This is a 95 year history to look back on.  In 2 more months we will be the longest bull market in history.  

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

And this feeling has absolutely nothing to do with your hatred of Trump.  :lol:  

There is always a few things to be uneasy about when it comes to economic issues.   Its also not difficult to pay attention to what is happening.   Companies are doing well.   Workers are doing well.  Large numbers of my suppliers are saying they are having one of their best years ever.   We are having one of our best years ever.   There is no overlying bubble outside the market that is typical with large declines.  FED has been raising rates AND practicing quantitative tightening.   Because of this they do have some bullets now where they didn't a very short time ago.    

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

You should get on an investment advisory panel somewhere with that astute analysis dude.

I have about 20-40 phd's, cfas and other assorted opinions that I can access daily, with a whole lot more depth than these guys wetting their fingers and sticking it in the air to see which way the winds blowing.  The ONLY reason these guys are doom and gloom is because of the party designation letter in front of the presidents name, thats it.  This volatility was predicted last year.  There simply is no comparison to the conditions now to when the last crash happened.  And if any of these guys knew anything about the markets they'd know 1. bull markets ALWAYS last longer than bear markets and 2.  the market ALWAYS comes back.  This is a 95 year history to look back on.  In 2 more months we will be the longest bull market in history.  

these the same wizards of wall street that were all in before the last crash :dunno:  

:snack:

8 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

these the same wizards of wall street that were all in before the last crash :dunno:  

They saw the storm clouds a hellava lot sooner than braintrusts like you and RevKev, I’m pretty certain of that.  :news: 

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

They saw the storm clouds a hellava lot sooner than braintrusts like you and RevKev, I’m pretty certain of that.  :news: 

Not sure about the always angry one, but RevBeta saw the clouds 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Even so riding through the market will work out in the long run.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Even so riding through the market will work out in the long run.

I always love it when some naysayer says, “I lost half my money in the last crash”.  Speaks volumes.  These are the same experts who think they got it all figured out.

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Yep. 2 months before the crash they were all about being self reliant and keeping the government away from their money. As soon as the crash happened they couldn’t get on the government tit fast enough. 

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Of course thats your story, EJ's guys were genius's while everyone elses got caught with their pants down.  

31 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'm wondering where spin's economic outlook prowess comes from.  :lol:  

We are on the brink of serious, global economic turmoil. I’m simply waiting for the shoe to drop. You know in your guts it’s going to come apart. Just admit it. 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

We are on the brink of serious, global economic turmoil. I’m simply waiting for the shoe to drop. You know in your guts it’s going to come apart. Just admit it. 

You should be an adviser.:lol:

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

Yep. 2 months before the crash they were all about being self reliant and keeping the government away from their money. As soon as the crash happened they couldn’t get on the government tit fast enough. 

NAS up 13% YTD breaking another record.  How can this be?

38 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Who and what the fuck are you talking about?

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Of course thats your story, EJ's guys were genius's while everyone elses got caught with their pants down.  

The smart play, if you are at least five years away from retirement, was and will always be, leave the money in the market. I would think even a half assed mortgage broker would understand that.  Then again, aren’t you the guy who bought an annuity in his 30s?  If you were near or in retirement, an active advisor could, depending on the scenario, easily pull money to the sidelines or safer fixed income investments if they didn’t have the resources or risk tolerance to ride it out.  The drop occurred over 6 months, that’s a long time to have your pants down.  

Shots at EJ and myself noted, and responded to in kind.  :news:   Any more stupid hypotheticals you want accuse the entire profession of?