Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

you'd be surprised.  lotta old folks keep this ridiculous amount in their checking accounts.  unless they need a monthly rolling flow, its dumb.   at minimum, put it in money market or cds, any stock or mutual fund can be turned into cash in your hand in 2 days, so why leave that much money earning nothing?

I see some 14 month CD's being advertised at damn near 3% now........its beyond dumb to let that money just sit there like that. Not that the pud eater has it.....some people do though 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I see some 14 month CD's being advertised at damn near 3% now........its beyond dumb to let that money just sit there like that. Not that the pud eater has it.....some people do though 

exactly.  the other thing is they'll roll that 14 month cd 15 times.  3.25% on a 5 year right now. 

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

exactly.  the other thing is they'll roll that 14 month cd 15 times.  3.25% on a 5 year right now. 

That is getting close to very nice. I plan to only pull 4% on my investments when I pull the plug. It would be awesome if it could in something with 0 risk

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

you'd be surprised.  lotta old folks keep this ridiculous amount in their checking accounts.  unless they need a monthly rolling flow, its dumb.   at minimum, put it in money market or cds, any stock or mutual fund can be turned into cash in your hand in 2 days, so why leave that much money earning nothing?

I get about 3 dollars a month in interest!!! LMAO!! 

I go through THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS some months.

In April I went through about 20 thousand in my tax returns, quarterly taxes, credit card bill, payment to Medicare, truck repair and car repair. 

One night, making out about 20 thousand in bills. You think you got problems. I was frazzled by the time I was done. 

9 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Truth there, many of them on fixed incomes and don't need it and just want to give it their kids, so they just let it sit or put it in a GIC, dumb.  Redid the MIL's at her request, averaged about 8% for last two years.  Local, FA thought I was putting it into something too risky (Global Balanced), and recommended GIC's so I says, "Did I tell you she in no way requires this money so it can grow"?  Idiot.

9 hours ago, f7ben said:

That is getting close to very nice. I plan to only pull 4% on my investments when I pull the plug. It would be awesome if it could in something with 0 risk

You know you are just preserving at that point, treading water with inflation once taxes are paid and any fees, not really growing anything.

Problem is many try to pass that strategy as a safe growth plan when it is not.

I look at it this way, if someone has a decent pension, that is already the fixed income portion of one's portfolio, so investments could be subjected to more risk.  There really isn't many other options that do not involve risk.

49 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You know you are just preserving at that point, treading water with inflation once taxes are paid and any fees, not really growing anything.

Problem is many try to pass that strategy as a safe growth plan when it is not.

I look at it this way, if someone has a decent pension, that is already the fixed income portion of one's portfolio, so investments could be subjected to more risk.  There really isn't many other options that do not involve risk.

I likely wont have any pension ....I'm going to retire early and wont tolerate much risk. 4% withdrawal rate until I get older.

58 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Truth there, many of them on fixed incomes and don't need it and just want to give it their kids, so they just let it sit or put it in a GIC, dumb.  Redid the MIL's at her request, averaged about 8% for last two years.  Local, FA thought I was putting it into something too risky (Global Balanced), and recommended GIC's so I says, "Did I tell you she in no way requires this money so it can grow"?  Idiot.

exactly.  If its not growing at least 2.5-3% its going backwards.  We call CD's "certificates of depreciation", I assume thats what your "GIC"s are?

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

exactly.  If its not growing at least 2.5-3% its going backwards.  We call CD's "certificates of depreciation", I assume thats what your "GIC"s are?

Guaranteed Investment Certificate.  As shit as shit goes.  RevBeta's current holdings.:lol:

• Haha 1

I get a kick out of how some on here bash me 'cause I have 155k in my checking account. 

I told you homo sapiens that I go through a shit-load of money here. That's why I need  that much in checking.

Besides, do you have ANY idea what I have in my Fidelity account??? 

If you are worth more than me, then I'll listen. 

Until then, get  bent, go pay your rent.  

8 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I get a kick out of how some on here bash me 'cause I have 155k in my checking account. 

I told you homo sapiens that I go through a shit-load of money here. That's why I need  that much in checking.

They are just jealous.

31 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

Post a screenshot.  :bc:

Neal

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

That should be easy for him. He could prove that in seconds.

you wouldn't do it, hell you wouldn't even post a picture of your front door, why expect it of others?  

Sold a 3.4% FDIC guaranteeed 5 yr. CD today.  Pretty damn good rate for an investment backed by the government.

16 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

you wouldn't do it, hell you wouldn't even post a picture of your front door, why expect it of others?  

Sold a 3.4% FDIC guaranteeed 5 yr. CD today.  Pretty damn good rate for an investment backed by the government.

Google glass might just recognize that.

3.4% is RevBeta's dream come true, he just needs to pinch himself first.

Except Canadian inflation is at 2.2%, if that is in his passive investments then already that return is cut in half, before any financial fees are considered.  Poor poor beta.

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

They are just jealous.

4 hours ago, revkevsdi said:

We all wish we could be more like 550.  The "broads" he's had alone....

Well, yeeah!! :ashamed:

4 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Post a screenshot.  :bc:

Neal

I would but I'd be afraid Steve would try to rob me. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

Well, yeeah!! :ashamed:

I would but I'd be afraid Steve would try to rob me. 

Im not the one driving by your house. 

But next time your around stop in and say hello. But be polite and call ahead.

That way I have time to wash my cock, we don't want anyone calling you a dirty cocksucker.

13 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

There is a difference.  550 cares what you think.