• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Friday end up just above 5% for me YTD.

I'm up a bit over 13% for the year.  :bc:

That's awesome.:bc:

I've averaged 15% for the past 5 years.

Very nice.   Easy to take some down years with gains like that.   I like an 8-10% average over the long haul so anything above that is gravy.  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Very nice.   Easy to take some down years with gains like that.   I like an 8-10% average over the long haul so anything above that is gravy.  

Same here.

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

Just hit my ALL TIME HIGH!!

HALLELUYAH, HALLELUYAH!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!  THANK YOU LORD!!!    :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Then pay your bets welcher !!!

4 hours ago, f7ben said:

Its down 5% still from January highs. What exactly is your point :lol: 

Pretty simple.  Those of us who stay in and keep investing will outperform those who jump in and out, over the long term.

1 minute ago, teamgreen02 said:

Pretty simple.  Those of us who stay in and keep investing will outperform those who jump in and out, over the long term.

We are due for a recession.....I intend to be out more than I am in over the short term. Seems pretty simple to me 

Edited by f7ben

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We are due for a recession.....I intend to be out more than I am in over the short term. Seems pretty simple to me 

Heard from some economists a slow down in 2019 based on indicators today.  Don't see anyone predicting a large recession.

In reality, they have no idea.  Economists didn't predicted the financial crisis in 2008 either.

No, it's not simple.  Not at all.:lol:

You always post some bullshit about if your were "not in the market for the 10 best days" ........well where is the chart about if you were "not in the market for the 10 worst days"

It works both ways meathead 

Just now, teamgreen02 said:

Heard from some economists a slow down in 2019 based on indicators today.  Don't see anyone predicting a large recession.

In reality, they have no idea.  Economists didn't predicted the financial crisis in 2008 either.

You cannot have growth forever....we are due for a recession one way or another. It will come.......how bad it is remains to be seen 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

You always post some bullshit about if your were "not in the market for the 10 best days" ........well where is the chart about if you were "not in the market for the 10 worst days"

It works both ways meathead 

So you are timing that right?

Markets go up in general, time in the markets in quality holdings bud.:bc:

So you are timing that right?

Markets go up in general, time in the markets in quality holdings bud.:bc:

Markets go down in general from time to time as well......its called a recession and we have on coming 

Just now, f7ben said:

Markets go down in general from time to time as well......its called a recession and we have on coming 

Historicly we are about 18 months away. 

That being said a lot of the causes are not in place for one yet. Im guessing ( yep , nothing but a guess ) 24-30 months.

Just now, steve from amherst said:

Historicly we are about 18 months away. 

That being said a lot of the causes are not in place for one yet. Im guessing ( yep , nothing but a guess ) 24-30 months.

No....historically we are overdue and should have been in recession a while ago. 10 year cycle is extending it and we are at 10 years now. Its more likely 9 years historically 

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

No....historically we are overdue and should have been in recession a while ago. 10 year cycle is extending it and we are at 10 years now. Its more likely 9 years historically 

Recessions come in all shapes and sizes.   I'm predicting the next one might be relatively light both in terms of negative GDP and length.   In any case I was up almost 2% today.  :bc:

Edited by Highmark

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Recessions come in all shapes and sizes.   I'm predicting the next one might be relatively light both in terms of negative GDP and length.   In any case I was up almost 2% today.  :bc:

Awesome.....and I hope you are right. I am going to leave my job soon and I have no idea what the future holds. It used to not bother me at all to not know where my next meal was coming from.......now I am a little more risk adverse :lol: