Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I am using approximate numbers and I'm absolutely correct.  Whats all the ass rash about?

I'd love a good back and forth,, but there are a couple idiots in here who make that impossible.  You have some good ideas.  REITs and Limited partnerships are paying some really good dividends, but their pricing and tax consequences have to be considered.  I like SPH right now.  

If I had an IRA and more control over my investments I'd love to participate in some long term investment discussions but I only have a few dozen funds available to me so its pointless for me to even do much research. Currently I have my money in VRTVX... ...fund is overweight financials and with rates rising I figured that my be a decent bet

• Like 1

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

If I had an IRA and more control over my investments I'd love to participate in some long term investment discussions but I only have a few dozen funds available to me so its pointless for me to even do much research. Currently I have my money in VRTVX... ...fund is overweight financials and with rates rising I figured that my be a decent bet

One fund I like is Franklin Templeton Dynatech, heavy in tech, which I'm still bullish on (disclaimer to the idiots:  I'm no analyst!)  But its got a north of 10% average annual return even through the last recession, and was up almost 40% in 17.  You can get in for 250 bucks, and add any increment you want after that.  :bc: 

20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

One fund I like is Franklin Templeton Dynatech, heavy in tech, which I'm still bullish on (disclaimer to the idiots:  I'm no analyst!)  But its got a north of 10% average annual return even through the last recession, and was up almost 40% in 17.  You can get in for 250 bucks, and add any increment you want after that.  :bc: 

I really like EdgePoint Global Portfolio, averaging almost 20% for the past 10 years even through the last recession.  A solid performer from a stellar management team that is investor focused.

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F000002OCX&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I really like EdgePoint Global Portfolio, averaging almost 20% for the past 10 years even through the last recession.  A solid performer from a stellar management team that is investor focused.

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F000002OCX&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

Looks like a great fund.  I can't buy it down here though.  :lol:  :bc: 

10 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

:bc:

Here is one you should be able to.  In CA its Fidelity Insights Class.  Its managed by Will Danoff and I bought it when it was launched in early 2017.  My best performer last year and so far in 2018 (>12%).

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F00000YNHF&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

http://citywireselector.com/fund/fidelity-series-opportunistic-insights-fund/c390948?periodMonths=60

Citywire is a great site to compare global fund returns across different countries and compare managers.:bc:

Edited by ArcticCrusher

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Here is one you should be able to.  In CA its Fidelity Insights Class.  Its managed by Will Danoff and I bought it when it was launched in early 2017.  My best performer last year and so far in 2018 (>12%).

http://quote.morningstar.ca/quicktakes/Fund/f_ca.aspx?t=F00000YNHF&region=CAN&culture=en-CA

http://citywireselector.com/fund/fidelity-series-opportunistic-insights-fund/c390948?periodMonths=60

Citywire is a great site to compare global fund returns across different countries and compare managers.:bc:

Revy-cuck and Snowpussy stated that I was supposed to comment on you and your posts.  Not sure why but.....yurafag!

There, maybe that will make them a little less sad and bitter....but for reasons nobody knows...or cares.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Revy-cuck and Snowpussy stated that I was supposed to comment on you and your posts.  Not sure why but.....yurafag!

There, maybe that will make them a little less sad and bitter....but for reasons nobody knows...or cares.

:lol:

I'm devastated.:lol:

20 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sounds like what we call their "Contrafund" down here, probably Fidelity's strongest fund imo.  They're competitors though so.... :lol:  :bc:  But in all seriousness, I do have access to a bunch of really good stuff, literally thousands of options, and thats great for me personally.  But with clients money we have to build in some weatherproofing or downside protection, depending on their profile and time horizon.  How do you guys pay fees, are they internal, CDSC type back end, front loaded, or a wrap fee where you pay annually?    We do it any way you want, but someones paying, unless you go full passive ETFs which are cheap, but you're on your own allocation and management wise.  I still believe in active management, you usually get what you pay for over time.  :bc: 

12 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Sounds like what we call their "Contrafund" down here, probably Fidelity's strongest fund imo.  They're competitors though so.... :lol:  :bc:  But in all seriousness, I do have access to a bunch of really good stuff, literally thousands of options, and thats great for me personally.  But with clients money we have to build in some weatherproofing or downside protection, depending on their profile and time horizon.  How do you guys pay fees, are they internal, CDSC type back end, front loaded, or a wrap fee where you pay annually?    We do it any way you want, but someones paying, unless you go full passive ETFs which are cheap, but you're on your own allocation and management wise.  I still believe in active management, you usually get what you pay for over time.  :bc: 

About 1/2 of my holdings are spread in Mawer, a solid no load company that has won the Lipper Canadian Equity award 5 years in a row, I don't believe they pay brokerages or advisors any trailers.  Other funds will come in either, front or back or fee based.  Nobody buy fools purchase back end loaded anymore and most front end funds the up front sales fee is zero, the MER's for these funds include trailing commissions for brokerages/advisors.  The fee based funds "F" series have the trailing commission stripped out and the fee is negotiated, ie 0.7% to 1.25% depending on the size of one's portfolio.     

52 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

biggest reason for that is peopel who self manage sabotage themselves by trying to time the market-  looks at bhent :snack:   

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

biggest reason for that is peopel who self manage sabotage themselves by trying to time the market-  looks at bhent :snack:   

Yup.  If an investor has the discipline, index funds and target date funds will work just fine.  We don't own any actively managed funds.

3 minutes ago, Polaris 550 said:

I'm only down 21K from my all-TIME massive high.  GO DONNY, GO DONNY, GO DONNY!!!!  :happy::happy::happy:

So you managed to save 23k at some point in your miserable cocksucking life and now you're down to $2000 bucks?

Hey.....don't worry about the $5000 USD you owe me......you need it more than I do welcher 

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

So you managed to save 23k at some point in your miserable cocksucking life and now you're down to $2000 bucks?

Hey.....don't worry about the $5000 USD you owe me......you need it more than I do welcher 

I gotta' get goin', but I'll be back later to give you your daily beating.  

2 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

Dow almost to 25k.  Hope you guys pulled everything out of the market!!!!!11!!1

Need someone to sell because I'm still buying this week, next week, the week after, and the week after that...

Its down 5% still from January highs. What exactly is your point :lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Its down 5% still from January highs. What exactly is your point :lol: 

Yet if you know how to trade you still can be killing it.  :bc: