Check your account email address ×

Dow 26,000:

18 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

So when a political hack thinks trump brings the market down they are wrong?

As accurate as the shitheads that were claiming the climb in the stock market was all Trump’s work. 

Driftbitch and Arctic Beta couldn’t help themselves. 

32 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Yes or no, depending on his actions.

The markets reacted favorably to tax cuts, deregulation. The tax cuts allowed for the greatest 1 year total in stock buybacks over 1.1 trillion, that pushed the market up. Positive for Trump

The trade dispute with China, tariffs, and the shut down, all help bring the market down. Negative for Trump.

The market likes divided government. Because nothing will get done, provides a stable environment.

Your statement that the market dropped because of Pelosi is complete hackish bullshit, nothing more.

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

The markets reacted favorably to tax cuts, deregulation. The tax cuts allowed for the greatest 1 year total in stock buybacks over 1.1 trillion, that pushed the market up. Positive for Trump

The trade dispute with China, tariffs, and the shut down, all help bring the market down. Negative for Trump.

The market likes divided government. Because nothing will get done, provides a stable environment.

Your statement that the market dropped because of Pelosi is complete hackish bullshit, nothing more.

I moved money cause of the election...  many I know did as well in our 401’s.  Elections most certainly effect the markets, consumer confidence, and company outlooks.  To think democrats winning the house doesn’t effect the markets is pretty ignorant.....  not much but conflict will come from the midterm elections and this current political make up of our government.

It’s not to late to avoid further loses by moving unless you are willing to lose a bunch.

data back to 1979 days a divided government doesn’t do as well as unified.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-democrats-retaking-congress-could-mean-for-stocks-2018-07-30

6 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

I moved money cause of the election...  many I know did as well in our 401’s.  Elections most certainly effect the markets, consumer confidence, and company outlooks.  To think democrats winning the house doesn’t effect the markets is pretty ignorant.....  not much but conflict will come from the midterm elections and this current political make up of our government.

It’s not to late to avoid further loses by moving unless you are willing to lose a bunch.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-democrats-retaking-congress-could-mean-for-stocks-2018-07-30

Just Google "are stocks better under divided government", then compare to the one article you posted.

55 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

As accurate as the shitheads that were claiming the climb in the stock market was all Trump’s work. 

Driftbitch and Arctic Beta couldn’t help themselves. 

President's PMs can only affect markets so much much.  The economy is bigger than any one person idiot.

25 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

The first sentence tells me everything I need to know.

1 hour ago, BOHICA said:

This market is ALL Trump. Make no mistake. Whether it was worth it or not, time will tell. Dems will try to get him impeached before that happens. 

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

President's PMs can only affect markets so much much.  The economy is bigger than any one person idiot.

You're the fucktard that claimed Trump caused the rise in the market.  

No one knows whether the stock market is going to 15,000 or 30,000 this year.  

But one thing I’m sure of.  If it had closed at 30,000 the Trumpster bitches like driftbitch, Arcticbeta etc would all be claiming they predicted it. They’d be crowing about market analysis and be fully convinced they deserve the title Oracle of Freedom Sledder. 

The posts that they now claim aren’t predictions would be their proof that they predicted it. 

25 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

But one thing I’m sure of.  If it had closed at 30,000 the Trumpster bitches like driftbitch, Arcticbeta etc would all be claiming they predicted it. They’d be crowing about market analysis and be fully convinced they deserve the title Oracle of Freedom Sledder. 

The posts that they now claim aren’t predictions would be their proof that they predicted it. 

Jesus you’re one annoying stupid mother fucker.

31 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Derp, derp, and more derp.

24 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Jesus you’re one annoying stupid mother fucker.

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Derp, derp, and more derp.

Great arguments. I can completely see your point of view now. :chatter:

5 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Great arguments. I can completely see your point of view now. :chatter:

Cashable GIC's are the beta of fixed income, that is already as beta as you can be.  Is there a point to a conversation with an idiot?

15 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Cashable GIC's are the beta of fixed income, that is already as beta as you can be.  Is there a point to a conversation with an idiot?

Yet you follow me around posting after me, making up lies about me and my business. Hmmm.  

Seems to me that it’s just not as much fun for you when you are 7,000 points off your prediction. 

Poor sad Arcticbeta. 

11 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Yet you follow me around posting after me, making up lies about me and my business. Hmmm.  

Seems to me that it’s just not as much fun for you when you are 7,000 points off your prediction. 

Poor sad Arcticbeta. 

You just owned yourself.

• Platinum Contributing Member
16 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Actually the trade dispute hasn't hurt stock prices that much.   Markets use to like when govt power was divided.   Its become so divisive now they don't.  Add in the thoughts where growth is peaking, rising interest rates and quantitative tightening and you have a tough market to navigate.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Actually the trade dispute hasn't hurt stock prices that much.   Markets use to like when govt power was divided.   Its become so divisive now they don't.  Add in the thoughts where growth is peaking, rising interest rates and quantitative tightening and you have a tough market to navigate.  

I don’t think the trade issues have much at all to do with this fall.