Check your account email address ×

New poo kids sled?

You would think that instead of pouring good R&D cash into a kids sled that is going to have minimum sales due to high pricing, they would invest that cash into adding halon systems to their current other products that tend to get hot, at the worst possible time, to avoid more law suites. What percentage of the sledding population can afford a new kids sled, that will be used to run around the yards, or farm fields ?

12 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

So expensive though.  

Neal

There’s quite a demand for kids sleds. The three I owned were sold at break even or I made money after using them for 4-5 years. The snow scoot was the best option until these came out, but good luck finding one for a reasonable price.

hope the timing is better for these guys than it was for Doo when they released the freestyle which was really a great kids sled.  the zr200 still doesn't bridge the gap fully from 120 to a 500

i bought my son an indylite 340 back when he was 8 and it was a perfect size sled for him.  

WHat are they getting for one of these and what does it have for pah,  don;t see the specs anywhere yet

52 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

You would think that instead of pouring good R&D cash into a kids sled that is going to have minimum sales due to high pricing, they would invest that cash into adding halon systems to their current other products that tend to get hot, at the worst possible time, to avoid more law suites. What percentage of the sledding population can afford a new kids sled, that will be used to run around the yards, or farm fields ?

Mini motocross is the future of the sport, if kids didnt start riding until they were big and strong enough to handle a big bike the sport probably would be all but dead, always thought it was odd snowmobiling manufacturers did make something to get the youth hooked more

53 minutes ago, Edmo said:

There’s quite a demand for kids sleds. The three I owned were sold at break even or I made money after using them for 4-5 years. The snow scoot was the best option until these came out, but good luck finding one for a reasonable price.

Exactly.  I got sick of looking at 120s that the kid would only be able to ride for 2 years before out growing.  Dropped $500 on a mint 1995 380f and won't look back.  

Hayden380.jpg

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated
  • Like 3

• Platinum Contributing Member

I got a 02 ZL550 for my son when he was 9, stole it for $800.. he rode the yard for 2 years and last year hit the trails with me. I think next year Im going to find him a SP500 or a 08 or newer Phazer. Those kid sleds and even the 340 indy lites go for huge money around here.

16 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I got a 02 ZL550 for my son when he was 9, stole it for $800.. he rode the yard for 2 years and last year hit the trails with me. I think next year Im going to find him a SP500 or a 08 or newer Phazer. Those kid sleds and even the 340 indy lites go for huge money around here.

kept my sons indy lite for 3 years and it cost me less than $200.  i think all together the 3 sleds i have bought my son so far cost me about $700 between the mini z, indylite and the renegade 600.  I'm on the search for him again now and hope to keep that track record up.  it's $1200 to rent for the 4 days he's gonna ride I think i can buy and sell and have it cost me less than $500 including the $100 to register it.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

kept my sons indy lite for 3 years and it cost me less than $200.  i think all together the 3 sleds i have bought my son so far cost me about $700 between the mini z, indylite and the renegade 600.  I'm on the search for him again now and hope to keep that track record up.  it's $1200 to rent for the 4 days he's gonna ride I think i can buy and sell and have it cost me less than $500 including the $100 to register it.  

I just sold both my kids 4wheelers just before christmas, they had them for 3 years and I almost doubled my money.. the power sports stuff for kids really holds its value and I dont think is a bad investment at all.  Im sure you could buy a sled and sell it rather than renting one at those prices..

2 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think anything for kids is good.  You didn’t think to post a link or info on it though?  Hold still while I pull a handful of your hair out!!!

There are no links . Just pure speculation at this point 

20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I just sold both my kids 4wheelers just before christmas, they had them for 3 years and I almost doubled my money.. the power sports stuff for kids really holds its value and I dont think is a bad investment at all.  Im sure you could buy a sled and sell it rather than renting one at those prices..

yup looking for a deal on an XP 600 as I know i can resell it quickly.  I would do a rev but with his knee repair i think having the extra room of the XP is a necessity.   

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

hope the timing is better for these guys than it was for Doo when they released the freestyle which was really a great kids sled.  the zr200 still doesn't bridge the gap fully from 120 to a 500

i bought my son an indylite 340 back when he was 8 and it was a perfect size sled for him.  

WHat are they getting for one of these and what does it have for pah,  don;t see the specs anywhere yet

I agree.  I'd rather a kid start on something just a bit too big and grow into it.   The current 200's are outgrown rather quickly.  

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

Same here, and it was a great little sled. If Poo actually came out with one, that should not be a surprise to anyone since Yamaha/Cat now have one, it was only a matter of time. Doo next? 

HPIM0475 (Medium).JPG

Just now, hwytohell said:

Indy lite's go for big dollars if they are in good condition. Sno Scoots still demand big dollars, as do limited production 125 cc Sno Sports.

I purchased mine for $800, (it was rough) put $200 or $300 into it and sold it a couple/few years later for just over $1800. The dealer was ready to give me $1750 without even looking at it. 

HPIM0325 (Large).JPG

HPIM0333 (Large).JPG

HPIM0385 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0386 (Large).JPG

HPIM0448 (Medium).JPG

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hwytohell said:

Indy lite's go for big dollars if they are in good condition. Sno Scoots still demand big dollars, as do limited production 125 cc Sno Sports.

I got 2 of them.   One in parts and the other that needs a bit of TLC to get going again.   Picked them up relatively cheap 7-8 years ago.  They are a ton of fun riding around the property.  I'd like to see if I could convert them to the 200's track.  The 1/4" ish lug doesn't get much bite.  :lol:  

6 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

yup looking for a deal on an XP 600 as I know i can resell it quickly.  I would do a rev but with his knee repair i think having the extra room of the XP is a necessity.   

Saw one on CL last week, but would be a hell of a drive for you 

12 hours ago, MiSledder said:

Theres a lack of entry level sleds , the 120s are too small for kids to trail ride, there needs to be something that brings the kids into the sport other that a 1980 enticer

Nice Z370's and Z440's can be had pretty cheap. 

13 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

I guess.  A full size 121" 550 fanner that weighs 430 lbs, my 144" Switchback 800 doesn't weigh much more than that.   Does anyone know the price?  Its still probably north of 5 grand I would think.

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Plenty of peaple with million dollar second homes that won't think twice about picking up a few for the grandkids. 

Very true. Many out there know this is pocket change to them. Wish I was one of those!

• Like 1