Check your account email address ×

Mom retired today!

f7ben

26 years of full time School bus driving an she subbed for 3-4 years prior to going full time. She drove for the k-12 school that both my wife and I graduated from and all my friends kids still attend.

Funny how time flies. My Dad said she was pretty sad today , all the kids and other bus drivers had presents for her etc 

2 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Congrats to your mom! :bc:

Indeed , she is on her final route as we speak. I just talked to Dad and will give Mom a call in a half hour

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Congrats to your mom....I can imagine it would be a sad day can considering all the kids she has seen grown up.

She loved it , they are all "her" kids and now the kids that were "her" kids all have kids of their own that she has grown to know as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Pretty kewl Ben, I wish her  a happy retirement.

My own mom never learned how to drive..

I will pass that on Don ......there are still people that dont drive. My brothers ex that he had my niece with still has no license. 

My wife shouldnt have one :lol: 

Just now, f7ben said:

I will pass that on Don ......there are still people that dont drive. My brothers ex that he had my niece with still has no license. 

My wife shouldnt have one :lol: 

I used to pick up a old guy when I worked in Milwaukee as a Machinist, him and his wife never drove or owned a Car, took the Bus everywhere (Martin Brenz), ornery old fart.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I used to pick up a old guy when I worked in Milwaukee as a Machinist, him and his wife never drove or owned a Car, took the Bus everywhere (Martin Brenz), ornery old fart.

The era of driving is at its end. I bet in 20 years not too many people drive. Cars will be largely autonomous and we will use the time spent driving being productive while being transported 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The era of driving is at its end. I bet in 20 years not too many people drive. Cars will be largely autonomous and we will use the time spent driving being productive while being transported 

Just in my lifetime I've seen new things no one would ever believe at the time I was born.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Congrats to your Mom.

I have a customer of mine in the same boat. In February she will have been driving the same bus route for 25 years. She thinks she might drive for one more year though. Not ready to be stuck at home with her husband just yet. He retired 10 years ago after 32 years at the same company.

I dont know how many people these days will ever spend 25 years with the same employer.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Congrats to your Mom.

I have a customer of mine in the same boat. In February she will have been driving the same bus route for 25 years. She thinks she might drive for one more year though. Not ready to be stuck at home with her husband just yet. He retired 10 years ago after 32 years at the same company.

I dont know how many people these days will ever spend 25 years with the same employer.

Yup , my dad retired 7 years ago already. He went at 55 and had been with the same employers for 33 years

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

26 years of full time School bus driving an she subbed for 3-4 years prior to going full time. She drove for the k-12 school that both my wife and I graduated from and all my friends kids still attend.

Funny how time flies. My Dad said she was pretty sad today , all the kids and other bus drivers had presents for her etc 

God bless her for all her years of service getting kids to and fro safely :bc: 

• Like 1

Very cool Ben. A school bus driver with that much time behind the wheel can drive just about anything. Im sure she will go through withdrawals for a little while but i bet she gets right intonthe retirement groove pretty quick. 

36 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Happy Retirement Mrs. Bipolarhooknose :bc: 

:lol::lmao:

12 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Very cool Ben. A school bus driver with that much time behind the wheel can drive just about anything. Im sure she will go through withdrawals for a little while but i bet she gets right intonthe retirement groove pretty quick. 

She should give her massive faggot, non driving son, some driving lesson :snack:

Congratulation to your Mom Ben!

Funny, my buddy that runs the bus company up at the cabin wants me to retire from my job down here and come up and drive for him. I'm seriously considering doing it. Shit pay, good bennefits and living at the lake sounds pretty good right now.

• Like 1

• USA Contributing Member

This brought back memories.... When I first started school we had a substitute driver that all the kids hated.  Yelled at every little thing, bus was dead silent during the entire ride. 

This was a small town, the guy was involved in the volunteer fire dept and other things.  Anyway he ended up becoming mayor, type of guy that if you complained about a pothole on your road he would show up at your house, have you show him the problem, and he would make sure it got fixed.  He's been mayor now for 20+ years.

Good for your mom!  She doesn't have to run for mayor but I hope she's got some good stuff lined up to keep her busy and happy!

Congrats to your mom Ben. Retirement is a weird place at first because you realize it’s a huge sign tour getting old and you do miss the people you work with. BUT that wears off when you realize you planned it all your life and it’s time to enjoy.