Check your account email address ×

FS Closed To Guest Viewing

ckf

Open or closed to guests?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should FreedomSledder be open or closed to guests?

7 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the downside of the mechanical valve is that she'll have to stay on blood thinners the rest of her life. the upside is it shouldn't need replaced. the pig valve lasts about 15 years but no blood thinners required.  

I don't know all the particulars, but I do know she is very careful about taking her meds.

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

See, that brings up another point though.  Participating in a site like this with all one’s “gusto” brings inherent risks that one should accept.  It’s the internet, sure, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t reality.  When it goes south, banishing somebody doesn’t really do anything if they are truly hell bent to cause ill-will to another member.  A certain level of anonymity is the best defense.  If one choses not to have anonymity....or are otherwise too stupid to see how it is wise because you think this “isn’t reality” and want to act like a tool, well...one gets what one may or may not deserve.  And that’s kinda sad but again “freeedom” has rewards....and consequences. Or is that “actions”?

However, closing a site like this stifles it’s growth.  I’d rather people stumble into this forum from random web searches and either be horrified or, be prompted to join in the reindeer games instead of not allowing them to see it at all.

:bc:

Yeah...turning kinda all “I love on man” in here...and it’s making me angry!!!!!!

:lol:

Agreed on closed will stifle growth and we have enough inbreeds on here.....:lol:

40 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

apparently I'm missed while out here on "butthurt island". :lol:

just taking a break from the 3 ring circus for several reasons. first and foremost, I found out I'm going to need heart surgery in the near future to replace a faulty heart valve i've had since birth. so rather than sitting on my ass and owning the shit out of many of you day in and day out, I'm trying to shed some pounds so I can push this surgery out a few years, after my daughter's wedding. second, the trump arguments with many of you are fucking pointless and had become quite "boring". anyone with a brain knows the clown is a corrupt POS and steering our country towards some serious trouble. deny it all you want, defend it all you want, blame Hillary all you want, declare both sides are the same all you want, but the fact of the matter is most of you either directly, or indirectly, helped get this clown in office. now sit back and enjoy the many consequences of doing that, like watching the wealthy and corporate America laughing all the way to the bank, like watching trump playing with multiple hornets nests, watching fellow americans become poorer and lose their health insurance, all just for starters! but hey, you're getting a $100 tax break next year!

btw how's that Russian "nothing burger" been tasting lately? :lol:

Damn Slinger>>>I hope things go well for you.

10 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

the downside of the mechanical valve is that she'll have to stay on blood thinners the rest of her life. the upside is it shouldn't need replaced. the pig valve lasts about 15 years but no blood thinners required.  

Exactly.....A friend of mine had to have a valve replaced 2 years ago. He opted for the mechanical valve and deals with the blood thinners. His doctor told pig valve 5-10 years max life.

Welcome back Slinger.  Glad you finally decided to come back and face the music........ :news: 

Sometimes a little health scare is just what we need to get us pointed back in the right direction.  Dropping a few pounds and getting a tuneup on your ticker will do wonders for you.  You're gonna be ready to fight against Trump for another 7 years.  Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.  This place is a pretty good support group most of the time.  :bc:  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

apparently I'm missed while out here on "butthurt island". :lol:

just taking a break from the 3 ring circus for several reasons. first and foremost, I found out I'm going to need heart surgery in the near future to replace a faulty heart valve i've had since birth. so rather than sitting on my ass and owning the shit out of many of you day in and day out, I'm trying to shed some pounds so I can push this surgery out a few years, after my daughter's wedding. second, the trump arguments with many of you are fucking pointless and had become quite "boring". anyone with a brain knows the clown is a corrupt POS and steering our country towards some serious trouble. deny it all you want, defend it all you want, blame Hillary all you want, declare both sides are the same all you want, but the fact of the matter is most of you either directly, or indirectly, helped get this clown in office. now sit back and enjoy the many consequences of doing that, like watching the wealthy and corporate America laughing all the way to the bank, like watching trump playing with multiple hornets nests, watching fellow americans become poorer and lose their health insurance, all just for starters! but hey, you're getting a $100 tax break next year!

btw how's that Russian "nothing burger" been tasting lately? :lol:

Well I'll be damned, a wild Slinger appears! Sorry to hear about the health complications but it's good to hear you're doing well and getting healthy. You're not missing much, the place only gets interesting when I poke my head in :lol:

6 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Well I'll be damned, a wild Slinger appears! Sorry to hear about the health complications but it's good to hear you're doing well and getting healthy. You're not missing much, the place only gets interesting when I poke my head in :lol:

If gaying things up is interesting....

4 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

thanks for the support all :bc:

This is a Mayo clinic diet for people who need to drop weight fast, it basically puts your body into ketosis.

Breakfast: Two eggs any style, two slices of bacon, 1/2 a grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice.

Lunch: Meat any style besides breaded, any green veggies with butter, salad with oil and vinegar dressing, 1/2 a grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice.

Dinner: Meat Meat any style besides breaded, the more fat content the better, any green veggies with butter, salad with oil and vinegar dressing, 1/2 a grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice.

After dinner treat: A small glass of milk.

After 1 week you will lose 10 pounds, after one week you will lose about 3/4 of a pound a day. If you are able to lift you can build up your muscle mass with this diet and lean out at the same time.

2 hours ago, DAVE said:

If gaying things up is interesting....

You gayed things up by spending like 4 days insisting you were entitled to bring up my sexuality in a derogatory manner without being called homophobic for doing so. I mean, sure, I gay things up a little bit simply by being here but I don't make a big deal out of it unless someone else is being a dick and you were being a dick.

Like what was your point here? What's the joke? How can you imply gaying things up wasn't interesting? We derailed like 4/5 threads over like 4 days, Zambroski still thinks I owe him an apology for nothing, and everyone got all nostalgic at the end. That was a real solid blow up lol

2 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

You gayed things up by spending like 4 days insisting you were entitled to bring up my sexuality in a derogatory manner without being called homophobic for doing so. I mean, sure, I gay things up a little bit simply by being here but I don't make a big deal out of it unless someone else is being a dick and you were being a dick.

Like what was your point here? What's the joke? How can you imply gaying things up wasn't interesting? We derailed like 4/5 threads over like 4 days, Zambroski still thinks I owe him an apology for nothing, and everyone got all nostalgic at the end. That was a real solid blow up lol

I did nothing of the sort. 

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This is a Mayo clinic diet for people who need to drop weight fast, it basically puts your body into ketosis.

Breakfast: Two eggs any style, two slices of bacon, 1/2 a grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice.

Lunch: Meat any style besides breaded, any green veggies with butter, salad with oil and vinegar dressing, 1/2 a grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice.

Dinner: Meat Meat any style besides breaded, the more fat content the better, any green veggies with butter, salad with oil and vinegar dressing, 1/2 a grapefruit or a glass of grapefruit juice.

After 1 week you will lose 10 pounds, after one week you will lose about 3/4 of a pound a day. If you are able to lift you can build up your muscle mass with this diet and lean out at the same time.

Sounds close to the Atkins Diet

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Diet will work much better if you skip the dairy.. :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yea, low carb, hi protein and fat, psyllium fiber should be added to aid digestive process.

i've been low carb high protein for almost 14 months at this point.  I still crave and go on some sugar binges but cutting our refined sugars and wasteful carbs was the best thing i could have done.  Passed all bloodwork with flying colors at my last appointment.  I now enjoy my food on weekends but try to stay disciplined during the week and hit the gym 6 days a week to make up for when i stray.    Ketosis may be quick but most fail to stay in it i don't worry anymore about a specific carb intake just the type of carbs they are.  

2 minutes ago, Arctic Cat Destroyer said:

Diet will work much better if you skip the dairy.. :thumbsup:

i am down to just yogurt for dairy which is a recent change to see how my body reacts,  although giving up saturday night pizza prob isn't going to happen.  

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

i am down to just yogurt for dairy which is a recent change to see how my body reacts,  although giving up saturday night pizza prob isn't going to happen.  

I lost 30 lbs in about 2 months. But the diet is a bit beyond what Vince described. Meat must be hormone and anitbiotic free and vegetables organic as much as possible. No wheat, rice, beans, grains, nuts, no sugar, no nightshade vegetables(tomatoes, eggplant, potatoes, peppers). And NO dairy whatsoever. I noticed my sinuses improved immensely by foregoing dairy. Its hard to stay on that forever but if you can do it for 30 days it will clean you the fuck out. 

I will live this whole life without ever having paid a single thought to what I should or should not eat. I love to eat and thank god I was born with the genetics I was or I'd be 500 lbs by now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

X2 on all of it lol :bc:

beercheers to you as well......to celebrate you and I being in agreement I am asking Kate to fry me up a pound of bacon. We have been baking it lately but this is special so sizzling in its own sweet grease is appropriate !!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I will live this whole life without ever having paid a single thought to what I should or should not eat. I love to eat and thank god I was born with the genetics I was or I'd be 500 lbs by now

X3, poor fat fucks............:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

beercheers to you as well......to celebrate you and I being in agreement I am asking Kate to fry me up a pound of bacon. We have been baking it lately but this is special so sizzling in its own sweet grease is appropriate !!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Pour the grease all over some gluten laden bread and wolf it down for me , Brotha !!!!   :bc: