Check your account email address ×

FSCE Shop Talk

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

find me 475sf worth of alloy and royal blue racedeck for short money so i can finish the garage.  

If I find that much, it'll be for me!  

I'm actually looking to try to acquire Armadillo factory 2nd's for the big shop.  Even then, not cheap.  

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Just missed out on 84" worth of Lista boxes for $175 by 5 minutes.  

4th worst day ever.  

Ooof!  You shouldn’t have wiped.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

i'm prob just going to end up painting it and using a mat in each bay to keep the tires from tearing it up

Don’t use the shit at the big box stores.  Go online and get some HD industrial epoxy.  It’s the same amount of labor, spend the money and do it right the first time.

Ask me how I know.

• Platinum Contributing Member
58 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Hard to believe some guy just happened to have an all aluminum hand tooled Ferrari body hanging in the garage for 50 years. That's cool.

On 9/2/2019 at 5:55 AM, Zambroski said:

It's funny.  I'm always reworking my garage and I was looking at not only my tool box but cases, drawers and shelves filled with pullers, clamps, specialized tools and all kinds of shit I've collected over the decades to work on my vehicles that I'll most likely never use again. But, I have no serious interest in getting rid of it???  Shit, the only thing I've gotten rid of was my engine hoist.  I know FOR SURE I'm not doing that type of shit anymore.  But why in the fuck do I still have my timing guns?  :lol: 

.....and where are all my 10mm sockets!!!!!!!!!!  :lol: 

I consider my engine hoist my most useful tool lol.  Also I've got my mother buying me 10mm sockets for Xmas every year, still only have a few left though.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Gentlemenz,

In ya'lls kingdom of dirt, would you pay Snap-Off prices for tool storage from the Horrible Fraught?  

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?cid=sitebanner_lp_icontoolstorage&limit=72&q=icon storage

Wow.

No.  But I wouldn’t pay Snap-On prices from Snap-on.

28 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Gentlemenz,

In ya'lls kingdom of dirt, would you pay Snap-Off prices for tool storage from the Horrible Fraught?  

https://www.harborfreight.com/search?cid=sitebanner_lp_icontoolstorage&limit=72&q=icon storage

WTF- the US general stuffs not bad for the money but thats crazy.  

I'll stick with my craftsman box.  I am going to the used furniture place tomorrow to hopefully pick up some used storage cabinets for the garage.  Think I am going to do a blue stripe at plug height as well, also still need to paint the trim 

garage.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Gentlemenz,

Been watching the release of these on Youtube with a few guys giving their opinions. I wouldnt pay that but I bet some techs will. There is a 20% off coupon available right now.  I think the pricing is high but if they come down they will sell some.

ICON appears to be similar or a rebrand version of Carlyle from NAPA.  The sockets and wrenches look pretty good.

Me, I'm holding out for the new Craftsman plant to open next year in Texas making hand tools. 

On 9/24/2019 at 9:21 PM, Zambroski said:

Wow.

No.  But I wouldn’t pay Snap-On prices from Snap-on.

On 9/25/2019 at 2:53 AM, teamgreen02 said:

Been watching the release of these on Youtube with a few guys giving their opinions. I wouldnt pay that but I bet some techs will. There is a 20% off coupon available right now.  I think the pricing is high but if they come down they will sell some.

ICON appears to be similar or a rebrand version of Carlyle from NAPA.  The sockets and wrenches look pretty good.

Me, I'm holding out for the new Craftsman plant to open next year in Texas making hand tools. 

Used Lista/Vidmar/Equipto/Rousseau boxes FTMFW!

It sucks balls that they are hard to come by at a decent price in MN.