Check your account email address ×

Was never much of a Motley Crue fan but

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

have you guys been watching any of the Netflix show about the crew? fucking guys could party 

Gonna watch it sometime 

15 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

have you guys been watching any of the Netflix show about the crew? fucking guys could party 

The band should have left Vince at the buffet, man he butchered their farewell tour. Vince and Motley Crue kicked ass back in the day for sure.  I watched “The Dirt” on Netflix, it’s an entertaining flick for a B class movie. When they say party like rockstars, Motley Crue was without question one of the bands that lived up to that statement.

38 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Not yet , but I'm going to.  Big time Motley Crue fan back in the day, still am.

:lmao: yea, just a little bit :lol:

Good read 

Nikki Sixx interview with Rolling Stone 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/motley-crue-nikki-sixx-interview-drugs-groupies-dirt-metoo-808100/

Edited by SVT Renegade XRS

53 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

49 minutes ago, DUMPY said:

Gonna watch it sometime 

I watched it, it is not a quality movie. Those guys were a couple of retards who became rock stars but also remained being retards. Then there was a sad part about Vince's little girl getting sick and dying and then back to being retards. Tommy looks dumber than Spiccoli in that movie.

I was a big crue fan and still am I suppose but that movie didn't do them any favors. 

One thing I learned is I didn't know Mick had ankloading spondalitis sp? Guy was totally out of place in that band but he is a great guitar player. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

I never took killing someone and seriously fucking up 2 others in a car crash was the sign of someone who could party.

• Like 1

Was into.the Crue for a little bit in the 80s . Too fast for love , merry go round , live wire  that shit. I saw a video of Vince singing with crue lately and thought it was funny as fuck . But seriously, guy is far beyond his prime . Saw def leppard and billy idol around 15 years ago and they sounded like shit too. Singer wise 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DUMPY said:

Vince Neil can really tear it up!

Vince Neil does Bob Dylan.

:lol: 

This was just sad.  BTW, I didn't find his singing talent much better in concerts.  Good show though.  

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

“the dirt”. Yeah it was a great movie. I never saw them in concert, surprisingly, but id still go. I didn’t realize Vince got off so easy on the drunk driving death. I wish the movie covered their life span more. It seemed to have stopped somewhere around 2000?

7 hours ago, xcr700 said:

Was into.the Crue for a little bit in the 80s . Too fast for love , merry go round , live wire  that shit. I saw a video of Vince singing with crue lately and thought it was funny as fuck . But seriously, guy is far beyond his prime . Saw def leppard and billy idol around 15 years ago and they sounded like shit too. Singer wise 

I saw Def Leppard for about the 10th time 2 years ago. Surprisingly joe elliott sounded pretty good, better than some earlier times. I read somewhere that some of the older guys are using modern technology to mix in the highs. Not lip syncing completely, but mixing it in. 

6 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

I saw Def Leppard for about the 10th time 2 years ago. Surprisingly joe elliott sounded pretty good, better than some earlier times. I read somewhere that some of the older guys are using modern technology to mix in the highs. Not lip syncing completely, but mixing it in. 

When watching these older acts you are just watching an illusion.

11 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

To tell the truth, some of these bands should just do full on syncing anyway.  I’ve seen some concerts that were just horrific.  I saw an Ozzy concert that was so bad you could barely even tell what they were playing.  A stage of drunken wrecks.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

When watching these older acts you are just watching an illusion.

I don’t think so. The music is still live, the low voices are live , it’s just they can’t reach the highs they used to be able to, for obvious reasons. I also don’t believe all older groups do it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Zambroski said:

To tell the truth, some of these bands should just do full on syncing anyway.  I’ve seen some concerts that were just horrific.  I saw an Ozzy concert that was so bad you could barely even tell what they were playing.  A stage of drunken wrecks.

I saw him last summer. He still sounded decent. He was off tune for several songs, but there wasn’t any lip syncing imo

Crue Girls Girls Girls concert was awesome as a youth and probably my favorite Crue album.  Have heard The Dirt was ok, but could have been a series to go deeper into the guys lives.  Too much fast forward type stuff.

1 minute ago, Snoslinger said:

I saw him last summer. He still sounded decent. He was off tune for several songs, but there wasn’t any lip syncing imo

I think there is a lot of syncing going on now with these “pop” bands.  My daughter has been to a couple where she said it was very clear they were all just acting to music.  I think it may be normal though...it’s all just overly processed shit for the masses anymore.

19 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

When I saw him, he didn't sound so great, and definitely couldn't hit any high notes.  Was still good tho

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

Def Leppard 10 times ?   

Edited by Shifty
  • Haha 1